TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

4 minutes ago, Yantha said:

I like Michael Wilson, but why did he miss so many games?  What's his injury status?

He had a Jones fracture in his foot in 2020 and an undisclosed injury ended his season this year. Just couldn’t stay on the field in college. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Yantha said:

I like Michael Wilson, but why did he miss so many games?  What's his injury status?

12 minutes ago, LEBills said:

He had a Jones fracture in his foot in 2020 and an undisclosed injury ended his season this year. Just couldn’t stay on the field in college. 

I’m not huge on taking guys with lengthy injury histories but when the talent level and upside is just too good to pass on, in a class that isn’t saturated with #1 WRs, these two guys are worth the gamble. 

Wilson showed out now that he’s healthy at the senior bowl too and Mingo is just a freak athlete that high points the catch better than any of the other WRs in this class imo. I can see why scouts are saying he had Deebo and AJ Brown upside 

Just now, NeverOutNick said:

I’m not huge on taking guys with lengthy injury histories but when the talent level and upside is just too good to pass on, in a class that isn’t saturated with #1 WRs, these two guys are worth the gamble. 

Wilson showed out now that he’s healthy at the senior bowl too and Mingo is just a freak athlete that high points the catch better than any of the other WRs in this class imo. I can see why scouts are saying he had Deebo and AJ Brown upside 

Unfortunately, I think they are going to go early enough that the risk will outweigh the reward on both. Wilson is good but not great in the reps he played in college and his injuries are a major concern yet he may still go day 2.

Mingo has played 4 years but missed a small amount of time with injuries throughout and was in Ole Miss weird offense with bad quarterbacks at times. They would basically have him be a pseudo tight end several snaps per game to block. I don’t see the physicality or yac of Deebo or Brown with Mingo. Unfortunately I think he will be drafted round 2 and he will struggle to live up to expectations. Hope I’m wrong for his sake.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Unfortunately, I think they are going to go early enough that the risk will outweigh the reward on both. Wilson is good but not great in the reps he played in college and his injuries are a major concern yet he may still go day 2.

Mingo has played 4 years but missed a small amount of time with injuries throughout and was in Ole Miss weird offense with bad quarterbacks at times. They would basically have him be a pseudo tight end several snaps per game to block. I don’t see the physicality or yac of Deebo or Brown with Mingo. Unfortunately I think he will be drafted round 2 and he will struggle to live up to expectations. Hope I’m wrong for his sake.

My worry with Mingo is that I see too man routes where he seems to be winning the route then ends up fighting for a contested catch. Some of it is QB ball placement, for definite. But some of it is I think he gets a bit lazy at the top of the route. 

2 hours ago, Yantha said:

We're coming up on an interesting pick.  Got our OT in round 1, and once again LB has thinned out in round 2.  

I'm looking to OC, DT, or S in this window.... for the Bills.  Doing some research on Michael Wilson (not interested in Tank Dell).  Not sure why he missed games.

The Big boy Siaki Ika, DT from Baylor is looking good.

Rice and Tillman are still there. Both of them would come into consideration for me at this point. The edge class is thinner here that it was in Mock V1.0 interestingly. DT is an option again, but I don't love this DT class the way some seem to. 

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My worry with Mingo is that I see too man routes where he seems to be winning the route then ends up fighting for a contested catch. Some of it is QB ball placement, for definite. But some of it is I think he gets a bit lazy at the top of the route. 

Yea unfortunately Ole Miss doesn’t do their WRs many favors. Not a big fan of his hands and like you said he gets himself into too many contested situations because he is an inconsistent route runner. 

In that range I think Cedric Tillman is infinitely better. He reminds me so much of Gabe Davis coming out of that UCF offense Heupel brought to Tennessee.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Yea unfortunately Ole Miss doesn’t do their WRs many favors. Not a big fan of his hands and like you said he gets himself into too many contested situations because he is an inconsistent route runner. 

In that range I think Cedric Tillman is infinitely better. He reminds me so much of Gabe Davis coming out of that UCF offense Heupel brought to Tennessee.

See my response to the "which WR fit the Bills" thread from earlier this week. I made the Gabe - Tillman comparison too. I think he might be a little more dynamic after the catch than Gabe and I'd hope his hands hold up better in the league. But I think they are very similar. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

With the 56th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select DJ Turner, DB, Michigan

The Jags need help in the secondary and especially at the nickel spot and I think Turner is good value here. Speed to kill and I think he fits in really well in the Jags Defense. He's an older prospect, but he can step right in and start. 

Grabbing Myles Murphy and DJ Turner I am pretty happy with our draft. I wasn't able to grab help for Trevor Lawrence, but I don't feel the value was there when I was picking. 

@LEBills and the Giants are on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Giants (LEBills) are on the clock

With the 57th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft the New York Football Giants select Cedrick Tillman, WR, Tennessee

The blabbermouth GM kind of tipped his hand up thread but we love Tillman in Daboll’s offense. Despite our current receiver room, we do want some players that can play outside and see a spitting image of Gabe Davis to continue recreating the offense that flourished in Buffalo. 

If Tillman can avoid injuries we think a player with his college experience can step in and immediately produce.

@Virgil and the cowgirls are now on the clock

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bills (TSW Poll) are on the clock

The Dallas Cowboys select Adetomiwa Adebawore, DE, Northwestern.  

Cowboys -  Defensive line was another major need for us and Adebawore has huge value for us at this spot.  If we were able to trade, we may have even tried to move up for him.  But the board fell perfectly for us and we are happy to have him.

The Buffalo Bills (TSW Poll) is on the clock

Edited by Virgil

Should we eliminate Benton since we picked him last time? 

I maybe add Luke Musgrave, Jaquelin Roy, Gervon Dexter, Zach Pickens

edges Tuli Tuipulotu and Byron Young

Also feels early for Nate Dell, but they have shown a lot of interest for what it's worth. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

We have learned from 1.0 and 2.0 that having 30 Bills fans drafting all the players they want for the Bills ahead of the Bills leaves the Bills without the players those fans would want when it is the Bill's turn to pick. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

We have learned from 1.0 and 2.0 that having 30 Bills fans drafting all the players they want for the Bills ahead of the Bills leaves the Bills without the players those fans would want when it is the Bill's turn to pick. 

They ought to be picking UDFA stock ahead of us, dammit.

• Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bengals (Big Bitz) are on the clock

With the 60th pick the Bengals select DT Siaki Ika, DT Baylor. 

More big people!  

This defense was not good in the 6 games Reader missed last year.  Couldn’t stop a nose bleed.  Lost to the Browns 32-13. 

Depth was a concern here - and Reader is going into the last year of his contract - so we are going to solidify the middle of this defense and give us an option if we can’t keep Reader - and not fall off a cliff if he misses any games.  

The Bengals are the AFC FAVORITE in 2023.  Outside of Joe Mixon’s character, there are zero weaknesses on this team.  

These first 2 rounds absolutely shored up our trenches.  We’ll address secondary depth later in this draft and maybe add another guy this summer.  

The Bears @Doc Brown are on the clock.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

More big people!  

This defense was not good in the 6 games Reader missed last year.  Couldn’t stop a nose bleed.  Lost to the Browns 32-13. 

Depth was a concern here - and Reader is going into the last year of his contract - so we are going to solidify the middle of this defense and give us an option if we can’t keep Reader - and not fall off a cliff if he misses any games.  

The Bengals are the AFC FAVORITE in 2023.  Outside of Joe Mixon’s character, there are zero weaknesses on this team.  

These first 2 rounds absolutely shored up our trenches.  We’ll address secondary depth later in this draft and maybe add another guy this summer.  

Wanted him as a bill!    In this VR world I have to watch him hassle josh!    Bahhhh!!!!

lol

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

More big people!  

All bills fans have to watch that highlight reel….. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bears (Doc Brown) are on the clock

With the 61st selection, Da Bears select Derick Hall, DE, Auburn

Da Bears need young pass rushers on the D-line after losing Khalil Mack and Robert Quinn over the last couple of seasons.  Hall should be a great fit for Eberflus's 4-3 scheme as he has ideal length, power, and athleticism to get to the quarterback.  If developed correctly he could be a steal this late in the 2nd round.

The Eagles @Logicare on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Eagles (Logic) are on the clock

With the 62nd pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Keeanu Benton, DT, Wisconsin

With an aging DT group and Fletcher Cox on a one-year deal, the Eagles saw the opportunity to add youth, size and strength to the rotation in the form of the stout and experienced Keeanu Benton.

We feel we have significantly upgraded both out defense and our offense with our first three picks.

Pick 10: CB Devon Witherspoon
Pick 30: HB Jahmyr Gibbs

Pick 62: DT Keeanu Benton

@HappyDays and the Kansas City Chiefs are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Chiefs (HappyDays) are on the clock

With the 63rd pick, the Kansas City Chiefs select Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame.

We drafted George Karlaftis in the 1st round last year, but with Frank Clark no longer on the team edge rusher is arguably our weakest position group. Foskey has a lot of upside and no one else is sticking out on the board for us.

@Virgil that finishes it.

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Thanks for setting this up again @Virgil

I actually really love the way the bills started the draft and now they can go after a good tight end prospect, some defensive line help and a linebacker but I’m sure linebacker would be someone like Zach Cunningham in free agency on a one year prove it deal after the draft

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Yantha said:

Just gotta say I think Mingo is a third rounder.   I think it’s a reach for a medium need position.  😎

I get it but I’m sticking to my guns that Mingo and Wilson have the highest potential after my top five wide receivers so I’m happy gambling on them in the second round

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Yantha said:

Just gotta say I think Mingo is a third rounder.   I think it’s a reach for a medium need position.  😎

That’s ok, you think Michael Wilson is a 2nd rounder. 😉 

As a potential draft selection, I think it’s very strange he has yet to disclose the injury he suffered vs ND that ended his season.  Maybe he disclosed it to teams that asked about it at the combine?  I don’t think I’d draft him in rd 3 if I didn’t know.  That’s just weird imo.  If it’s no big deal it should be known. Keeping it a mystery makes me think it’s a problem. 

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That’s ok, you think Michael Wilson is a 2nd rounder. 😉 

As a potential draft selection, I think it’s very strange he has yet to disclose the injury he suffered vs ND that ended his season.  Maybe he disclosed it to teams that asked about it at the combine?  I don’t think I’d draft him in rd 3 if I didn’t know.  That’s just weird imo.  If it’s no big deal it should be known. Keeping it a mystery makes me think it’s a problem. 

If he clears medical then it’s no biggie obviously he can play now that he’s healthy so it doesn’t bother me. I mean JSN missed almost the entire season with a hamstring injury and he’s going in the first 

Thanks everyone for moving this one along so fast.  

I may need some help for 3.0.   If going to open the sign up thread tomorrow and start it up when we have our owners.  

However, I have acl surgery Monday and I’m not sure how quick I’ll be back online. For that day, I might need everyone to be self sufficient and help move things along.  I can’t share the thread ownership for updates, so you’ll have to pay attention in thread that day.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I may need some help for 3.0.   If going to open the sign up thread tomorrow and start it up when we have our owners.  

However, I have acl surgery Monday and I’m not sure how quick I’ll be back online. For that day, I might need everyone to be self sufficient and help move things along.  I can’t share the thread ownership for updates, so you’ll have to pay attention in thread that day.  

Good luck!

18 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Good luck with your surgery bud!  Hope it goes well, sending good thoughts and best wishes your way.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

How dare you? This is an outrage. We are talking about the NFL draft and you are prioritising a knee? Why? You have another one!

• Haha (+1) 5

3 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

If he clears medical then it’s no biggie obviously he can play now that he’s healthy so it doesn’t bother me. I mean JSN missed almost the entire season with a hamstring injury and he’s going in the first 

but why not divulge what the injury was?  It’s just strange to me.  We rarely see that happen and I think one has to wonder.  He suffered a Jones fracture - had surgery, extensive rehab and was cleared.   2 days after being cleared, he re-Injured it, had another surgery and extensive rehab. Then, the following year, he was injured and missed the season on an undisclosed injury.  Another Jones fracture?  Same foot?   Who knows?  No one 

Cleared or not cleared, that worries me.  I wouldn’t consider him in rd 2.  The only thing I love about his game is his run blocking.  I think he could be a WR2 if he stays healthy.  Big IF though and not with the risk imo.  

JSNs injuries worry me as well…. But we know what his injuries are.  Ankle and hamstring. He’s a much better route runner and has better hands than Wilson imo.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.