TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

12 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I like your write up and thought process....and I like the player.  I just don't like it at 31.

Why not?  (I actually think Washington is a possibility at 27 for the Bills.)

• Like (+1) 1

With the 42nd pick in the draft the NY Jets select Drew Sanders LB Arkansas.  The jets look to bolster their already top defense and add a lb. He's going to fit right in with Saleh.

With the 43rd pick inthe draft the NY Jets slect John Michael Schmitz, Center Minnesota.  Anchor the middle of the line to add to the already improved offensive line. Could have a chance to start over Wes Schweitzer but could be interior depth as the Jets have had injury riddled o line for years it seems. 

Th @Might Rather Atlanta Falcons are on the clock

Edited by aristocrat
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2

With the 44th pick in the draft the Atlanta Falcons select Will McDonald IV, Edge, Iowa State

The top pass rushers on our board went in front of us in the 1st round but we are happy to find good value with a player we had high on our board, also at a position of need near the top of the 2nd . He can come in and help our 31st ranked pass rush immediately. McDonald's hard nose demeanor and pass-rush talent are winning play traits that will help him become a successful sack artist. 

The Packers @GunnerBill are on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Packers (GunnerBill) are on the clock
22 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

With the 42nd pick in the draft the NY Jets select Drew Sanders LB Arkansas.  The jets look to bolster their already top defense and a lb. He's 

With the 43rd pick inthe draft the NY Jets slect John Michael Schmitz, Center Minnesota.  Anchor the middle of the line to add to the already improved offensive line. Could have a chance to start over Wes Schweitzer but could be interior depth as the Jets have had injury riddled o line for years it seems. 

Th @Might Rather Atlanta Falcons are on the clock

Oof, great round for our rival.

With the 45th pick in the Virgil version 2.0 Mock NFL Draft Extravaganza in the year of someone's Lord 2023....

The Green Bay Packers select: Sam LaPorta, Tight End, Iowa

I considered corner here but Rasul Douglas was serviceable last year and there is enough depth at that spot that I'd feel good about getting one in round 3. Less so tight end. I think Darnell Washington and Michael Mayer are the two best fits for the Packers but they have both gone off the board. I considered Dalton Kincaid in round 1 but he isn't a scheme fit because he doesn't really block. LaPorta is a better receiver than blocker at this point, but there is no lack of willingness to block and I already have Josiah Deguara who excels as a blocking tight end, so I can help that side of his game develop. While this is a good tight end group I think anyone hoping to wait and get one any later than the first 10 picks of round 3 will be disappointed to have missed out on the tier of "possible starters."

The New England Patriots, Bill Belichick's dog and his assistant @section122 are now on the clock!

• Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Patriots (section122) are on the clock
1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

With the 45th pick in the Virgil version 2.0 Mock NFL Draft Extravaganza in the year of someone's Lord 2023....

The Green Bay Packers select: Sam LaPorta, Tight End, Iowa

I considered corner here but Rasul Douglas was serviceable last year and there is enough depth at that spot that I'd feel good about getting one in round 3. Less so tight end. I think Darnell Washington and Michael Mayer are the two best fits for the Packers but they have both gone off the board. I considered Dalton Kincaid in round 1 but he isn't a scheme fit because he doesn't really block. LaPorta is a better receiver than blocker at this point, but there is no lack of willingness to block and I already have Josiah Deguara who excels as a blocking tight end, so I can help that side of his game develop. While this is a good tight end group I think anyone hoping to wait and get one any later than the first 10 picks of round 3 will be disappointed to have missed out on the tier of "possible starters."

The New England Patriots, Bill Belichick's dog and his assistant @section122 are now on the clock!

Good pick/fit.

regarding Kincaid, I think he’s a more serviceable blocker than he’s given credit for.  I don’t think he’s Mike Gesicki.  

He isn't Gesicki, but I don't think I would describe him as a serviceable blocker.

I guess I used the wrong words.  I think he’s a better blocker than many think.  Maybe not even serviceable- but he’s decent at times.  

No clue if he’s FoS or not, but at the combine (iirc) he said it’s a part of his game his really working on and focused on improving and becoming a solid blocker. 

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I guess I used the wrong words.  I think he’s a better blocker than many think.  Maybe not even serviceable- but he’s decent at times.  

No clue if he’s FoS or not, but at the combine (iirc) he said it’s a part of his game his really working on and focused on improving and becoming a solid blocker. 

The techniques he learned there could come together eventually. That’s what happened to Kittle. He wasn’t much pf anything coming out, but he had that baseline. LaPorta is better than Kittle was at this point in his career. I know Kittle is one in a million, but the fundamentals he learned at Iowa gave him a shot. He transformed his body and here we are. So I think there is something to be said for that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Has the four hour clock expired? Sorry I just want to make my pick before I go to my daughters concert.

Pats can have the best wide receiver or offensive tackle on the board since those are the biggest needs left

Edited by NeverOutNick
Want to make a pick soon lol
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The techniques he learned there could come together eventually. That’s what happened to Kittle. He wasn’t much pf anything coming out, but he had that baseline. LaPorta is better than Kittle was at this point in his career. I know Kittle is one in a million, but the fundamentals he learned at Iowa gave him a shot. He transformed his body and here we are. So I think there is something to be said for that. 

I was on about Kincaid not LaPorta. I think LaPorta is a willing blocker that just needs some technique refinement on that side. Kincaid is a guy you just have to encourage to get in the way. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

But seriously it’s been over five hours and over an hour ago he said give him a few minutes, so I think it’s about time to cut the cord. I’m about to head out for my daughters concert, so I’ll be back around 8 PM Eastern. Hopefully it’s my pick by then. Ha ha.

You tried. Enjoy the concert, we’ll be here when you get back. I mean, we’re always here…… 🤷‍♂️

We are not your REAL family, and those years fly by. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

But seriously it’s been over five hours and over an hour ago he said give him a few minutes, so I think it’s about time to cut the cord. I’m about to head out for my daughters concert, so I’ll be back around 8 PM Eastern. Hopefully it’s my pick by then. Ha ha.

I'm working on making the pick now.  I got caught up with a work call

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Commanders (frostbitmic) are on the clock

The New England Patriots select Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee

With being openly unhappy with Mac Jones, out of the Lamar Sweepstakes, the Hoodie wanted his next QB project and took the last highly rated QB off the board.  

The Commanders @frostbitmicare on the clock

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

With the 47th pick the Washington Commanders select Joe Tippmann - C - Wisconsin ... After taking a LT in round #1, we doubled up on the line and took a guy who will step in and start right away. This team doesn't have anybody who snapped a ball last season and brought in three veterans I've never heard of. Dare I say the goal is to build this century's Hogs, can I still say that word in the 21st century ?

@NeverOutNickand his lions are on the clock

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

With the 48th pick in the 2023 NFL draft the Detroit Lions select Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson

The lions almost selected Big Bres in the first round because defensive tackle is one of the few glaring needs they have and was why they were hoping to get Carter at pick 6. If it wasn’t for injuries, Bresee would’ve been a top 15 selection in this class. The lions are building something special in Motown, get the popcorn ready.

@CNYfan and the Pittsburgh Steelers are on the clock with pick 49

• Like (+1) 2

I was on about Kincaid not LaPorta. I think LaPorta is a willing blocker that just needs some technique refinement on that side. Kincaid is a guy you just have to encourage to get in the way. 

Ah gotcha my bad. I thought about Kincaid in Rd1 for Jacksonville but thought him and Engram were too similar. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Steelers (CNYfan) are on the clock

The Steelers are very happy with the way the board fell, although they would probably switch D. Jones and Joey Porter for A. Harrison and D. Banks, but they have hit the positions of need with very strong talent.  

Now they strengthen their defense further with Jack Campbell, LB  IOWA.  This is very athletic coverage linebacker with incredible measurables.  A Butkus Award winner with two years College Starting experience.  The Steelers need talent at inside LB and are very happy that Campbell dropped. 

Nice draft Steelers.  

The Bucs @Bookie_tech  are on the clock

Edited by CNYfan
Cap
  • Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bucs (Bookie_Tech) are on the clock

With the 50th pick in the 2023 NFL draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Matthew Bergeron, OT Syracuse. 

The Buccaneers have made a statement with their first two selections. They are fast tracking a dynamic rushing attack for the 2023 NFL season.  In round 1, they add the exceptionally talented RB, Bijan Robinson. In round 2 they double down on the commitment to a running game and they go and get Bergeron. Bergeron is a dynamic and versatile LT who can take over for 2015 2nd round pick Donovan Smith. Smith was cut this offseason in a cap saving move, leaving a huge gap at LT. Bergeron meets need, value and philosophy. New OC Dave Canales is no stranger to reviving NFL QBs careers (Geno Smith).  Look for Mayfield to have his best year as a pro with talent at WR and now RB. Bergeron joins an OL featuring 2023 Pro Bowler Tristan Wirfs and 2021 Pro Bowler C Ryan Jensen, round outing a formidable unit. 

Next on the clock is @RyanC883.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, ßookie_tech said:

With the 50th pick in the 2023 NFL draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Matthew Bergeron, OT Syracuse. 

The Buccaneers have made a statement with their first two selections. They are fast tracking a dynamic rushing attack for the 2023 NFL season.  In round 1, they add the exceptionally talented RB, Bijan Robinson. In round 2 they double down on the commitment to a running game and they go and get Bergeron. Bergeron is a dynamic and versatile LT who can take over for 2015 2nd round pick Donovan Smith. Smith was cut this offseason in a cap saving move, leaving a huge gap at LT. Bergeron meets need, value and philosophy. New OC Dave Canales is no stranger to reviving NFL QBs careers (Geno Smith).  Look for Mayfield to have his best year as a pro with talent at WR and now RB. Bergeron joins an OL featuring 2023 Pro Bowler Tristan Wirfs and 2021 Pro Bowler C Ryan Jensen, round outing a formidable unit. 

Next on the clock is @RyanC883.

stole my pick!!!  great pick

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Dolphins (RyanC883) are on the clock

With the 51st pick in the draft, the Dolphins select Chandler Zavala, G, NC State. The Dolphins bring protection for Tua (allowed 4 pressures on 422 pass-blocking snaps last year) and a guy who can also block for them in the run game.  The Dolphins also have needs at TE and other OL positions, but our top choice here got poached by Tampa (Bergeron, OT-Syracuse), so we solidify the interior of the line here with a great pass blocker who is also good at run blocking. 

The Seahawks and @NewEra are on the clock.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Seahawks (NewEra) are on the clock

Sorry for the hiatus

With the 52nd pick, the Seattle Seahawks select Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi St. 

We feel the combination of Woolen, Forbes and Bryant + new first rd picks Jalen Carter and Nolan Smith will bolster a quick defensive turnaround.  We considered a couple LBers, pass rushers and TEs but felt Forbes was too good to pass up @52.  

Jalen Carter DT

Nolan Smith Edge

Steve Avila Og/C

Emmanuel Forbes CB

@Doc Brown is on the clock

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Darn.  I liked Forbes a little more than Ringo despite his anemic frame. I'm surprised either lasted this long  Anyways.....

With the 53rd selection, the Bears select Kaylee Ringo, CB, Georgia

Bears take the best player on their board in Ringo who has excellent size, physicality, and speed.  He should match up well with bigger WR’s and TE’s in man coverage.

The Chargers @Yantha are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sorry for the hiatus

With the 52nd pick, the Seattle Seahawks select Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi St. 

We feel the combination of Woolen, Forbes and Bryant + new first rd picks Jalen Carter and Nolan Smith will bolster a quick defensive turnaround.  We considered a couple LBers, pass rushers and TEs but felt Forbes was too good to pass up @52.  

Jalen Carter DT

Nolan Smith Edge

Steve Avila Og/C

Emmanuel Forbes CB

@Doc Brown is on the clock

Great pick I was going to take him if he fell a couple more spots

also, a really good draft that I could definitely see Seattle doing so kudos

Edited by NeverOutNick
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With the 54th pick, the LA Chargers select Daiyan Henley, LB Washington State.

The Chargers current starter Kenneth Murray has a PFF grade of 41........  yikes.....  Certainly linebacker is a high need heading into the season.

I considered DT Benton, RT (not much value here), and WR Dell, but Henley was the best value and bigger need.

The Lions and @NeverOutNick are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 55th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson

The Lions were torn between local prospect DJ Turner and Trenton. Both have unbelievable speed and athleticism for their respective positions but at the end of the day corner is much deeper than LB this year and the lions are hopeful to get a guy like Clark Phillips III in the 3rd round. 

Trenton is more freak of nature athlete than he is a linebacker at this point but even right now he can run with TEs and once he processes the game quicker he will be one of the top LBs in the league. Sorry Bills fans hoping for a LB, looks like you’ll be going WR in round 2 😉 

Round 1, pick 6: edge - Will Anderson Jr

Round 1, pick 18: TE - Michael Mayer

Round 2, pick 48: DT - Bryan Bresee

Round 2, pick 55: LB - Trenton Simpson

The only way the first 2 rounds of this draft could’ve gone better is if Witherspoon or Gonzalez fell a few more spots to us at pick 18. Unbelievable value and we’re excited to have a lot of plug and play starters to help us on our way to taking over the NFC

@MrEpsYtown and the Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock with pick 56

Edited by NeverOutNick
Go Bills
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, NeverOutNick said:

With the 55th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson

The Lions were torn between local prospect DJ Turner and Trenton. Both have unbelievable speed and athleticism for their respective positions but at the end of the day corner is much deeper than LB this year and the lions are hopeful to get a guy like Clark Phillips III in the 3rd round. 

Trenton is more freak of nature athlete than he is a linebacker at this point but even right now he can run with TEs and once he processes the game quicker he will be one of the top LBs in the league.

Round 1, pick 6: edge - Will Anderson Jr

Round 1, pick 18: TE - Michael Mayer

Round 2, pick 48: DT - Bryan Bresee

Round 2, pick 55: LB - Trenton Simpson

The only way the first 2 rounds of this draft could’ve gone better is if Witherspoon or Gonzalez fell a few more spots to us at pick 18. Unbelievable value and we’re excited to have a lot of plug and play starters to help us on our way to taking over the NFC

@MrEpsYtown and the Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock with pick 56

That would be a very solid draft indeed. All of those are in my top 30 grades. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/16/2023 at 1:51 PM, Virgil said:

Hi Everyone, it's that time of year again. 

Welcome to the Stadium Wall Mock Draft 2.0 with NO trades.  This mock will consist of 2 rounds.   For those new to the party, TSW members volunteer to operate a team as the GM, with full authority to make trades and player selections.  Please read the below rules and formatting. 

If you are interested in being a GM, please:

-Have at least 6 months tenure on this forum

-Have at least 200 posts

-Reply to this thread with the 3 teams, ranked in order of which you are willing to operate (Failure to list 3 could cause someone to take your spot)

Rules:

-Mock Draft 2.0 will have no trades (3.0 will have trades and only one round)

-If you were a GM in Mock 1.0, please do not request the same team as before

-Anyone who takes the Jets are the assume they are getting Rodgers after the draft (as all articles have indicated)

-Anyone who takes the Ravens should assume Lamar is coming back next season

-The Draft will start on Monday 4/17/23 at 8a

-Each owner has 4 hours to make their selection. (Draft hours are 8a-10p est.  If your 4 hours goes beyond that time, you have one hour to make your selection starting at 8a the next day)

-Each selection must have an explanation, discussing the thought process behind the pick.

-The Buffalo Bills selection will be made by a Poll from all site members.  The prior player selected in 1.0 will not be added to the poll.

-There will be 2 rounds for 2.0

-If your team has multiple first round picks, you are responsible for all of the picks (if your team has back to back picks, you only get 4 hours for both picks combined)

Format:

With the 25th selection, the Buffalo Bill select Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

Reason:  Because he wake up every day and chooses violence

The Ravens @Virgil is on the clock

Draft Order

Round 1

1 - Panthers (Dracontator) - Bryce Young, QB, Alabama

2 - Texans (Alphadawg7) - CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio St

3 - Cardinals (mannc) - Tyree Wilson, DE, Texas Tech.

4 - Colts (BarelyNY) - Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida

5 - Seahawks (NewEra) - Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia

6 - Lions (NeverOutNick) - Will Anderson Jr, Edge, Alabama

7 - Raiders (TOboy) - Paris Johnson, OT, Ohio St

8 - Falcons (Might Rather) - Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU

9 - Bears (Doc Brown) - Peter Steronski, OT, Northwestern

10 - Eagles (Logic) - Devon Witherspoon, DB, Illinois

11 - Titans (NeverOutNick) - Will Levis, QB, Kentucky

12 - Texans (Alphadawg7) - Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio St

13 - Jets (aristocrat) - Calijah Kancey, DT, Pitt

14 - Patriots (section122) - Christian Gonzalez, DB, Oregon

15 - Packers (GunnerBill) - Lukas Van Ness, EDGE, Iowa

16 - Commanders (frostbitmic) - Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia

17 - Steelers (CNYfan) - Joey Porter, Jr, DB, Penn St

18 - Lions (NeverOutNick) - Michael Mayer, TE, Fighting Irish

19 - Bucs (Bookie_tech) - Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas 

20 - Seahawks (NewEra) - Nolan Smith, Edge, Georgia

21 - Chargers (Yantha) - Brian Branch, S, Alabama

22 - Ravens (Virgil) - Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College 

23 - Vikings (inaugural balls) - Jordan Addison, WR, USC

24 - Jaguars (MrEpsYtown) - Myles Murphy, DE, Clemson

25 - Giants (LEBills) - Cam Smith, DB, South Carolina

26 - Cowboys (Virgil) - Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah

27 - Bills (TSW Poll) - Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee

28 - Bengals (Big Blitz) - Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma

29 - Saints  (BigdaddyinOrlando) - Deion White, Edge, Georgia Tech

30 - Eagles (Logic) - Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama

31 - Chiefs (HappyDays) - Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia

Round 2

32 - Steelers (CNYfan) - Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio St

33 - Texans (Alphadawg7) - B.J. Ojulari, Edge, LSU

34 - Cardinals (mannc) - O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida

35 - Colts (BarelyNY) - Deonte Banks, DB, Maryland

36 - Rams (RyanC883) - Felix Anudike-Uzomah, DE, Kansas St

37 - Seahawks (NewEra) - Steve Avila, IOL, TCU

38 - Raiders (TOboy) - Mazi Smith, OL, Michigan

39 - Panthers (Dracontator) Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee

40 - Saints (BigdaddyinOrlando) - Cody Mauch, G, North Dakota St

41 - Titans (NeverOutNick) - Josh Downs, WR, UNC

42 - Jets (aristocrat) - Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas

43 - Jets (aristocrat) - John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota

44 - Falcons (Might Rather) - Will McDonald IV, Edge, Iowa St

45 - Packers (GunnerBill) - Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa

46 - Patriots (section122) - Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee

47 - Commanders (frostbitmic) - Joe Tippmann, C, Wisconsin

48 - Lions (NeverOutNick) - Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson

49 - Steelers (CNYfan) - Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa

50 - Bucs (Bookie_tech) - Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syracuse

51 - Dolphins (RyanC883) - Chandler Zavala, G, NC St

52 - Seahawks (NewEra)

53 - Bears (Doc Brown)

54 - Chargers (Yantha)

55 - Lions (NeverOutNick)

56 - Jaguars (MrEpsYtown)

57 - Giants (LEBills)

58 - Cowboys (Virgil)

59 - Bills (TSW Poll)

60 - Bengals (Big Blitz)

61 - Bears (Doc Brown)

62 - Eagles (Logic)

63 - Chiefs (HappyDays)

We're coming up on an interesting pick.  Got our OT in round 1, and once again LB has thinned out in round 2.  

I'm looking to OC, DT, or S in this window.... for the Bills.  Doing some research on Michael Wilson (not interested in Tank Dell).  Not sure why he missed games.

The Big boy Siaki Ika, DT from Baylor is looking good.

37 minutes ago, Yantha said:

We're coming up on an interesting pick.  Got our OT in round 1, and once again LB has thinned out in round 2.  

I'm looking to OC, DT, or S in this window.... for the Bills.  Doing some research on Michael Wilson (not interested in Tank Dell).  Not sure why he missed games.

The Big boy Siaki Ika, DT from Baylor is looking good.

For me it’s Jonathan Mingo or Michael Wilson. Both are worth the gamble 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.