Bills hosted RB Latavious Murray

NewEra

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

My wife is WAY hotter than the above!

Wikipedia portrays Mrs. Bighead as a likeable and sympathetic character.  Whether she has the patience and potential sainthood that Mrs. Draconator must possess (inferred from her choice of a spouse) is unclear.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If Dorsey can actually be creative:

2 Back Sets:   Cook & Hines -  Speed. Screens. Motion. Slot. 
                        Harris & Murray - Power. Short Yardage. Pass Block. Goal line. 

Then mix & match so the defense is kept off balance 

This is a big “If.”  Many of us have questioning Dorsey’s play calling and creativity 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

33, pass.  Why?  Just why?  I’d rather just use a 6th RD pick or something if you have to do so.

Idk-  Probably just to talk to him and let him know we’d like him to be 2023 version of Duke Johnson, aka the PS RB in waiting. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

33, pass.  Why?  Just why?  I’d rather just use a 6th RD pick or something if you have to do so.

I’d rather sign a cheap vet like Murray and avoid further draft capital being allocated to maybe the least valuable position in the league outside STers. 

Use the draft primarily to keep taking swings at the high cost positions that aren’t fully settled on the roster: OT and WR to start, then DE and CB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, brianthomas said:

Imagine 4 NFL quality rb's on this team, only to not run the ball this year. Sign me up!

If Murray wants to come here for veteran minimum than come join the party i guess. But he's not going to give us much of anything we dont already have. For a team that doesnt even run much, getting Murray wont move that needle at all. Would it hurt? No not really. Could it help? Sure. Remains to be seen if we can run the ball at all... or if we'll even try.

PS: i dont mean this to sound negative, just one of those days lol

Well, if this is the case again this year, where the running game seems to be less than an afterthought, again, then Ken Dorsey will almost assuredly be fired at the end  of the year.  But if the same pattern emerges again, he may not even make it to Thanksgiving.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I agree.  Plus Hines.   No weak sisters there. 

But we've heard nothing.   Did Murray come and go?

I would guess Beane is waiting to see what falls in the draft before signing him.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Age is just a number. His production in 12 games last year:  160 carries for 703 and 5 TD's   Also had 26 receptions

50 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I would guess Beane is waiting to see what falls in the draft before signing him.

Hopefully likewise with one of the quality Edge players still on the market. Melvin Ingram please. 

• Like (+1) 2

I got lots of laughs, red x's and thumbs down suggesting this guy while he was on the Saints practice squad still.  I think it could be a year too late for Murray.  At least it shows maybe they know they messed up in last years draft, but still also shows they arent willing to correct it by paying a price.  

• Disagree 1

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.