JSN Top 30 Visit with Bills

Warriorspikes51

3 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I have not given up hope on a trade for a veteran WR.  That would move the needle, much like Von did last year.  The majority of the funds would come from doing something with Oliver.  And there would be much rejoicing.

When they didn't extend Oliver early, he became "iffy" in my mind.  

My best case scenario is still alive.  I wish ErieCountyBulls would confirm it so everyone else could be happy.

Thanks for keeping it classy and above the fray; I actually see this as a possibility. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, whorlnut said:

This is one of the main reasons I think Beane will go offense early. Both Diggs and Allen are unhappy due to the line and supporting cast, and they are our best players. 

they should be unhappy and let Bean know it.  All this “we want Josh to run less” is absurd when you don’t get him another top WR or top OL help. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What sign do you have that Josh is unhappy? And while Diggs definitely is, a lot of his unhappiness is reported as a breakdown of his relationship with Josh. I think you are guilty of putting 2 and 2 together and making 5. 

perhaps, but have to disagree.  Even in your scenario, JA can’t be happy with Diggs going off, and JA can’t get Diggs the ball when Diggs is doubled and JA has little time behind an awful line. I think it’s reasonable to assume they are both unhappy, JA just handling it behind closed doors. 

Edited by RyanC883
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I really look forward to when the Bills don’t draft your guy.  There is zero chance we trade up in 1 to get a LB. Try living in the new age NFL for once. It’s pretty exciting. 

Zero chance.  
yet that is precisely what the Bills did 4 yrs ago. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Zero chance.  
yet that is precisely what the Bills did 4 yrs ago. 

HahHaha. You are using that as an argument?  We were in a rebuild then. We literally just drafted a project qb. We are in a super bowl window now. 

4 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I think the guards signed in FA are pretty modest upgrades, though Saffold was awful, so it should help. I'd like to grab an OT prospect in round two or three. I think they need more than a tweak to the WR group, but it's a poor draft for WR. I don't think we can actually afford Hopkins. As I have said quite a bit, I like the TE group. I would treat Kincaid as a substitute for a WR pick at 27. If they go D in the first, I'd like to trade up from 59 and grab Darnell Washington. Those are my preferences.

I am less worried about MLB. I think you could sign a fella like Myles Jack after the draft and survive if you didn't find a player in the draft. I am not as high on Campbell as many of you are. He's a high floor fella. I don't think he's going to be great.

I don't look words up in a thesaurus. That's how I speak. I'm not going to apologize. If you don't like it, put me on ignore.

This is a football message board. I offer my opinions and interact with fellow fans of the team. I think that is how it is supposed to work.

I've never seen a 6 letter word referred to as a showy vocabulary...must be a Gen Z, stick to lol and omg:lol:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Well, I think that is a cogent consideration. Some on this board think it is ill-advised or even ridiculous to believe that could be a factor in Beane's decision making process. You don't want to let the players dictate your team building, but it seems reasonable to me that when your top players on offense are unhappy with the personnel and one of them is the franchise qb you ought to give that some weight.

I don't believe he really thinks that and if he does, he's flat out wrong. He's a low end WR2.

Luckily for us the wants of our 2 best players line up with the best route to improvement

Flip side of this ^^^, man you really have to wonder WTF this front office is doing if we ignore the fact both of these line up

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If he’s considered to be the best receiver in the draft, why do the Bills even bother meeting with him?  Is it just in case he falls to 15 and we want to trade up?   Just seems like a waste of time 

Hey, Virg.

35 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If he’s considered to be the best receiver in the draft, why do the Bills even bother meeting with him?  Is it just in case he falls to 15 and we want to trade up?   Just seems like a waste of time 

Beane has said before they will sometimes meet with prospects that they believe to be targets of our division rivals, to learn about the type of player we may be facing off against for a few years. JSN is a common selection of the Jets or Patriots in mock drafts. That was my first thought.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

Well if he’s one of the guys Beane is rumored to be considering trading up for, it would make sense to be as thorough with that player as possible.

12 hours ago, whorlnut said:

If the bills are interested in a top WR, they are doing a very poor job of hiding it. 

Every team is interested in JSN

Edited by gobills404

13 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Well, I think that is a cogent consideration. Some on this board think it is ill-advised or even ridiculous to believe that could be a factor in Beane's decision making process. You don't want to let the players dictate your team building, but it seems reasonable to me that when your top players on offense are unhappy with the personnel and one of them is the franchise qb you ought to give that some weight.

I don't believe he really thinks that and if he does, he's flat out wrong. He's a low end WR2.

If he's a low end 2 list for me 55 WRs better than Diggs. I agree he didn't live up to the preseason hype but think people easily dismiss Davis as being a good not great WR.

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

If he's a low end 2 list for me 55 WRs better than Diggs. I agree he didn't live up to the preseason hype but think people easily dismiss Davis as being a good not great WR.

There are plenty of good discussions that could be searched were one good at that sort of thing and possessed of sufficient leisure on where Davis ranks as a wr that reference his catch percentage, stats that show how in a few games he was very productive and practically absent in many, etc. Folks argue that wr2 plays a specific role and that wide variance in performance from game to game is common; that you can't know for instance if in a particular gameplan the wr2 isn't mainly being used to run long go-routes to clear out space underneath for other targets. Some suggest that Davis is not a chain mover wr and that his forte is naturally going to involve lower percentage catch scenarios. These are qualitative considerations. I'm not a gofer to pull up the stats or type out dozens of names at the behest of a request that takes ten seconds to type out. The point is that I am aware the calculations are rather complex in making an assessment, but in general, for whatever reason, Davis too often had games where drops were an issue or where he was not enough of a threat to offer a compelling secondary worry for the opposing D. Most likely deficiencies at the slot position were at least as significant a factor in the offense breaking down, along with a porous oline, Josh's injury, and Dorsey's presence as a first year OC. Nonetheless, imo, he was not any better than adequate and often far too inconsistent and injury prone to be judged above low end wr2.

Edited by Dr. Who

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What sign do you have that Josh is unhappy? And while Diggs definitely is, a lot of his unhappiness is reported as a breakdown of his relationship with Josh. I think you are guilty of putting 2 and 2 together and making 5. 

The situation involving Stefon Diggs is getting blown WAY out of proportion.

He was emotional, angry and upset during the Bengals playoff loss.  He was frustrated with the coaches and some of his teammates.  So was I, and just about every Bills fan on the planet.  He wanted to win, and really believed this team had a chance to win the Super Bowl.

This does not magically mean his relationship with Josh Allen is breaking down.  This does not mean he wants to be traded.  This does not mean he is suddenly unhappy being in Buffalo.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.