New stadium cost goes up from $1.4 billion to $1.54 billion.

cba fan

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Gotta love new York state 

"Inflation"

More like some crooks in smallbany needed their pockets lined 

Every single time they build one of these things, no matter when or where, the actual costs are higher than the original estimates. SoFi cost billions more than originally projected.

I’m not saying NYS isn’t corrupt, but this isn’t a particularly good example of it. 

And why is inflation in quotes? Do you believe it actually doesn’t exist?

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

Go look at the drawings and see if you can comprehend 

The drawings that many of us have argued about over and over and many have stated that it doesn’t look like it covers much. Those drawings? Ok

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Here’s how it typically works. Just prior to groundbreaking the Contractor is required to submit their final GMP (guaranteed maximum price) based on the nearly permitted architecture/engineering drawings. That GMP normally includes a contingency factor for limited changes and unforeseen conditions. It is not subject to market prices however. Those prices are a risk the Contractor assumes at the start of construction barring something like a war, or other world event. 

• Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Here’s how it typically works. Just prior to groundbreaking the Contractor is required to submit their final GMP (guaranteed maximum price) based on the nearly permitted architecture/engineering drawings. That GMP normally includes a contingency factor for limited changes and unforeseen conditions. It is not subject to market prices however. Those prices are a risk the Contractor assumes at the start of construction barring something like a war, or other world event. 

So, for example, Hammer's Lot suddenly allowing dizzy bat might fly under the radar? 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, cba fan said:

Now reported the deal is for $1.54 billion and Pegs is responsible for the $140 million additional cost from the original of $1.4 billion.

so we have cost overrun before one shovel is in the ground yet. lol. Considering the long construction timeframe, the volitivity of steel and supplies prices, some add ons these projects always get, and some inevitable construction cost surprises, you can bet this will approach 2 billion when done. 

Pegs is responsible for all cost overruns. 

I was widely criticized for harping on Pegs would end up paying over 50%, however, that is on track as we speak.

NY state     600 mill

Pegs/NFL   550 mill(250 mill is from NFL program Bills pd into for decades and will pay in for eternity. So is Pegs contribution. Bills actually eventually will pay

more into this then they get out of it until next new stadium is built in Buffalo)

Erie Co.      250 mill

Pegs             50 mill for Highmark demo.

cost o-run  140 million Pegs cost.

so Pegs is paying $740 mill already. Almost 50% already.

We have already been over this, and NO, Pegula will not come close to 50% of the stadium costs.

He will be closer to 20%.

A massive portion of the $550M is coming from PSL’s (not Pegula’s money) and the G4 loan that is tied to the VISITORS cut of the ticket sales (again, not Pegula’s money).

So essentially, the taxpayers are paying for the taxpayer funded part. And the fans are paying for most of the Pegula portion.

From the Buffalo news article on it:

8-F2-B1605-7-F87-405-B-B75-B-69-BAC492-A

CB5-EFAF6-063-A-497-D-AD38-B66-EE3-D19-D

6-E7-E62-F5-AD5-E-4-D26-ADC1-7-FDB8-EA29

https://buffalonews.com/business/local/explainer-how-the-pegulas-will-leverage-seat-licenses-to-pay-a-big-part-of-the/article_a96b0e12-02de-11ed-8398-67952b630e33.html

Edited by Einstein
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Read the above Einstein poster I couldn’t have said it better myself. It is 100 percent accurate. Some like myself questioning PSE Terry Pegula doesn’t mean someone is a fraud or isn’t a Buffalo Bills fan. For the Bills fans saying Terry Pegula is the Buffalo Bills savior. The Buffalo Bills fans and the State of New York saved the Buffalo Bills. Look at Terry Pegula as a middle man raking in all the profits and watching his franchise climbing in value. While putting the original franchise money up he got that back with this stadium deal and his franchise rising in value because it’s one of the 32 NFL franchises of the NFL. 

Someone would have bought the Buffalo Bills and kept them here in Buffalo including Bon Jovi. With that much upfront public money Bon Jovi isn’t getting that in Toronto a free new stadium so the Buffalo Bills would have stayed in Buffalo regardless if Terry Pegula bid or not. I am a Buffalo Bills fan not a NFL greedy owners fan. Just like I am a Buffalo Sabres fan not a Jack Eichel fan. Owners, GM’s, coaches, players come and go it’s all the way it is. BSF has seen a lot as Buffalo sports fan for over five decades living in Buffalo. I am loyal to the Buffalo Bills laundry that is it if the Buffalo Bills can win a Super Bowl championship for Buffalo guaranteed next year if they moved Josh Allen goodbye Josh Allen. Don’t tell me that is awful the goal is to win a Super Bowl for Buffalo and I am not 25 years old anymore. I am 55 years old seen, heard and lived through all the Buffalo teams shoulda, woulda, coulda be quite and win a Super Bowl Championship for Buffalo Bills fans you bums in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Read the above Einstein poster I couldn’t have said it better myself. It is 100 percent accurate. Some like myself questioning PSE Terry Pegula doesn’t mean someone is a fraud or isn’t a Buffalo Bills fan. For the Bills fans saying Terry Pegula is the Buffalo Bills savior. The Buffalo Bills fans and the State of New York saved the Buffalo Bills. Look at Terry Pegula as a middle man raking in all the profits and watching his franchise climbing in value. While putting the original franchise money up he got that back with this stadium deal and his franchise rising in value because it’s one of the 32 NFL franchises of the NFL. 

Someone would have bought the Buffalo Bills and kept them here in Buffalo including Bon Jovi. With that much upfront public money Bon Jovi isn’t getting that in Toronto a free new stadium so the Buffalo Bills would have stayed in Buffalo regardless if Terry Pegula bid or not. I am a Buffalo Bills fan not a NFL greedy owners fan. Just like I am a Buffalo Sabres fan not a Jack Eichel fan. Owners, GM’s, coaches, players come and go it’s all the way it is. BSF has seen a lot as Buffalo sports fan for over five decades living in Buffalo. I am loyal to the Buffalo Bills laundry that is it if the Buffalo Bills can win a Super Bowl championship for Buffalo guaranteed next year if they moved Josh Allen goodbye Josh Allen. Don’t tell me that is awful the goal is to win a Super Bowl for Buffalo and I am not 25 years old anymore. I am 55 years old seen, heard and lived through all the Buffalo teams shoulda, woulda, coulda be quite and win a Super Bowl Championship for Buffalo Bills fans you bums in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Lol yeah. So the guy that owns the team is the “middle man.” 

starting to think this is an @Einstein burner. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.