If Hopkins not available, then what? We DO need another good WR!

Deadstroke

I think a trade would be the last resort, because you have to not only take on a contract (that might be fiscally risky) AND give up resources (draft picks or players.)

Free agency is just "spending money" so it would be great to sign a team-friendly deal on another young, veteran WR.

Depending on what they do prior to the draft, I think WR is absolutely the #1 or #2 pick (the other being MLB)

I was pretty anti Josh downs due to him being slot only in many eyes but he looked dam good in his pro day today.  He’ll be getting open.  

Is there a chance that we play Harty mainly outside?  Diggs Harty outside with Downs in the slot.  No size but those guys can present problems for coverage.  

That said…. I doubt we draft Downs, but he impressed me today

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Get your 🤮 ready.

Kenny Golloday 

If anyone needs a prove it contract on a cheap one year deal it’s him. 

My runner ups 

The chosen Anderson who drops about everything 

Scotty Miller 

you said realistic 

I'd take a flyer on Kenny G. Can always cut him in camp if he doesn't look like the Lions version 

40 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Call around the league. Besides OBJ, 

DK Metcalf (very unlikely)

Nonsense. He'll be available in the second round! As long as we're not stupid enough to trade up for a disaster like Cody Ford.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Call around the league. Besides OBJ, 

Mike Evans
Jeudy
Kupp (Rams could be open to moving him - he was a Bills fan before he got drafted) 
Aiyuk (unlikely)
DK Metcalf (very unlikely)

Very solid list, Evans and Jeudy are the most “realistic” options outside of the Cards coming down on their asking price or cap considerations for Hopkins. That being said I think pick 27 being a WR is the most likely way the Bills try to address WR. 

12 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'd take a flyer on Kenny G. Can always cut him in camp if he doesn't look like the Lions version 

The way the market has gone there should be quite a few guys who would risk the one year cheap deal to build their value

51 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Two weeks ago, no one thought Hopkins was coming here ….don’t remember a lot of panic then

Ehh... There has been plenty of panic going on about the Wide Receiver position, probably since about midseason (see thread on OBJ).

Most people just saw the garbage available in free agency, and assumed the draft was the only option.

I think the idea of landing DeAndre Hopkins just gave some hope.

Reality is also starting to set, now that most free agents have been signed.  Fans are starting to realize how many glaring holes the Bills are probably going into the draft with (WR, RT, DE, LB), and it's frustrating.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Get your 🤮 ready.

Kenny Golloday 

If anyone needs a prove it contract on a cheap one year deal it’s him.

Golladay has lost way more than a step since his last good season in 2019. He also lost any semblance of hands he once had.

He was benched for Hodgins last year, and his only game with significant playing time (100% of snaps) was the Giants' Week 17 game in which they sat their starters. That tells you all you need to know.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Live through 4 SB losses,  17 years and 13 seconds and the panic is justified.

Went to my first Bills game when I was a kid walking to the Rockpile paying for tickets from collected bottles.

Panic is your nature not intrinsic to what you quoted or we all would be chickens with heads cut off.

image.thumb.png.ed16caf39228036b90c14af2e92b2437.png

Chickens can live with heads cur off as proved by TSW and Mike.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.