Update TE Parham back to SD

Reed83HOF

10 hours ago, boyst said:

At a low cost rate, as a 2TE red zone target or a simple short down and distance/RedZone down field dude who can possibly go up for a pass - I'll take it.

We just suck at evaluating TEs. Dorsey wants two TEs. He's had them going back to Miami when he lost to the greatest team in the land. 

And it’s too bad - I’ve been thinking that loading up on TE playmakers might be a smart strategy this offseason.  They’re cheap relative to other assets so you can play some cap arbitrage; they offer scheme versatility that Dorsey likes; defenses are getting smaller; and personality-wise, they would fit Allen’s style (his teammates refer to him as a tight end because he’s All Ball, kind of half professor half meathead).  Fill the offense with tight ends and speed on the outside and see what happens.

That said, Parham is a real JAG.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

He's not very good. Sounds like the kind of player Beane is after this offseason. We'll pay him twice what he's worth and lock him up long term.

Beane loves to throw money at guys with “potential” like he has to be the smartest guy in the room. 

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

And it’s too bad - I’ve been thinking that loading up on TE playmakers might be a smart strategy this offseason.  They’re cheap relative to other assets so you can play some cap arbitrage; they offer scheme versatility that Dorsey likes; defenses are getting smaller; and personality-wise, they would fit Allen’s style (his teammates refer to him as a tight end because he’s All Ball, kind of half professor half meathead).  Fill the offense with tight ends and speed on the outside and see what happens.

That said, Parham is a real JAG.

bingo. i'd give him a 1 yr prove it deal at $2-3mm with incentives or something but that's it.

if he wants to get a big contract let him try next year after proving he's no jag

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The guy I like who is starting to excel a bit is Foster Moreau. He can block, do some receiving. He is really a high-end #2. He's probably too expensive for the role he would have here, but I like him. 

I just woke back up...got to 'Foster' in your post and assumed it as 'Robert Foster'. 😳😁

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I just woke back up...got to 'Foster' in your post and assumed it as 'Robert Foster'. 😳😁

Dunno, when I see Foster the first thing I think about is the Australian oil can. 

images.jpg.013246b8b4d32a4855da9bf988d84a92.jpg

Edited by Dr. Who

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The guy I like who is starting to excel a bit is Foster Moreau. He can block, do some receiving. He is really a high-end #2. He's probably too expensive for the role he would have here, but I like him. 

He was on my list of UFA targets. He's definitely better than anyone we have aside from Knox at TE. 

13 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Bookend Stud TE's YES PLEASE! muppy approves this message. As long as he doesn't import any chagaahs stink on him 

ha.

m

Edited by muppy

13 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Would love love this pickup. Jump ball guy for the red zone. 

I would to yo conniver have to many weapons ! But If they would pick him up i would hope they would just use him more than they do Knox if not then there is no need to get him because whats the sense ?

Knox was pretty much a none factor most of last season & even after the previous year when he put up really good numbers it seemed as if neither Josh or Dorcey remembered that he was part of the offense & even though Knox is a couple of inches shorter if they don't use them it's useless to bring them here but hopefully that changes .

14 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Also have to got with the thought on 12 personnel above, from even a roster building standpoint, it's cheaper for 2 topish TEs than 2 topish WRs. This along with mismatches and I know Kelce is his own thing, but he'll the KC offense revolves around stopping him and teams can't. Within our own division (where we look first) the 12 personnel does give us an edge. Even against KC and Cin to a degree....

Right?

Been saying this for a few years, teams will start going to heavier packages to exploit these defenses.  But with Allen at QB I don't see us doing that

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.