Update TE Parham back to SD

Reed83HOF

At a low cost rate, as a 2TE red zone target or a simple short down and distance/RedZone down field dude who can possibly go up for a pass - I'll take it.

We just suck at evaluating TEs. Dorsey wants two TEs. He's had them going back to Miami when he lost to the greatest team in the land. 

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Scoring a TD on 40% of your catches is something you tell a girl a bar trying to impress her.

You did that, didn’t you? It sounds like it worked on some analytics girl. 

Parham is highly athletic and would make our 2 TE sets dangerous. We don’t need him to be on the field as much as Knox. Beane is kicking tires on a prove it deal, as he should. BB can always do his favorite 2 year with the second voidable. I remember hearing about Morse being done with concussions 6 years ago and he is still playing at a high level if not better and he plays every down head to head. 
This kind of deal gives us huge formation flexibility and lets us focus our draft on other needs. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Parham is highly athletic and would make our 2 TE sets dangerous. We don’t need him to be on the field as much as Knox. Beane is kicking tires on a prove it deal, as he should. BB can always do his favorite 2 year with the second voidable. I remember hearing about Morse being done with concussions 6 years ago and he is still playing at a high level if not better and he plays every down head to head. 
This kind of deal gives us huge formation flexibility and lets us focus our draft on other needs. 

Well said. For the right price 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

There is a 6'8" TE in the draft that I'd like better. There are at least two other TEs (consensus #s 1 and 2) who would do a lot more in developing plays for two TE sets. 
I hope we are not being set up for an all-D draft.

Ironically Sal C on WGR this afternoon was saying since he covers the team the word is the Bills are probably taking a TE very high in the draft maybe even 1 if a guy like Dalton Kincaid drops to them 

28 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Ironically Sal C on WGR this afternoon was saying since he covers the team the word is the Bills are probably taking a TE very high in the draft maybe even 1 if a guy like Dalton Kincaid drops to them 

That’s a misdirection by the team IMO, so they feed to the beat reporters to put out in the world. We didn’t hand out that Knox contract to throw a #1 pick at a TE. We just want other teams to keep picking QB,CB,TE because we aren’t going there round 1 and might like everything else. 
It certainly appears we need OL,DL,LB,WR,S a whole lot more in those first 3 rounds. 

Edited by Locomark

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Also have to got with the thought on 12 personnel above, from even a roster building standpoint, it's cheaper for 2 topish TEs than 2 topish WRs. This along with mismatches and I know Kelce is his own thing, but he'll the KC offense revolves around stopping him and teams can't. Within our own division (where we look first) the 12 personnel does give us an edge. Even against KC and Cin to a degree....

Right?

I almost feel like I read this last off-season when they picked up OJ Howard nearly exactly a year ago....

• Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I almost feel like I read this last off-season when they picked up OJ Howard nearly exactly a year ago....

and here we go ago - kinda like checking in on the RB market and trying to run the ball as well...

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Locomark said:

That’s a misdirection by the team IMO, so they feed to the beat reporters to put out in the world. We didn’t hand out that Knox contract to throw a #1 pick at a TE. We just want other teams to keep picking QB,CB,TE because we aren’t going there round 1 and might like everything else. 
It certainly appears we need OL,DL,LB,WR,S a whole lot more in those first 3 rounds. 

If they take a DL when the needs are clearly at WR,OL, and LB this board may crash permanently 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Me, leaving the Orlando Brown to Bengals thread to check on .. (checks notes) Bills in on Donald Parham. 

I was thinking how upsetting that was. First two threads on the page Bengals sign Orlando 

Bills in on Parham 🙄 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.