Beane again showing why he is a top GM

Success

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I think we’ve upgraded in every position with the exception of LB and WR. Nothing proves that we’ve upgraded. At least not yet. 

Have no idea who will make the team and shape out the position but I'm confident we're better at WR.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Well Well Well.... Look who got his giphy back. Stylin :D 

No…..😤

the post is from March. 

no giffy for me.  It sucks

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Floyd evens things out IMO.

Floyd is not an off-ball LB. He’s an edge defender that will be playing DE for the Bills. Just like Von.

Edited by gobills404
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

I don't think it warrants a "well, we have to see how the season plays out." Beane has done his job, and done it as well as I think anyone could.  It's all in the hands of the coaching staff & players now. 

What did he do that puts him above being judged beyond seeing how the season plays out?  He signed a 31 year old pass rusher in June after multiple misses in the draft in Epenesa and Basham a day after he gave Oliver a $68 million extension.  If it works, it was a great move.  If it doesn’t, he shouldn’t get a pass, though.

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

Have no idea who will make the team and shape out the position but I'm confident we're better at WR.

Still no factual proof that we are. I’m with you. I think we will be better. But to say for a fact that we are, or that on paper we are, is a false. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Billl said:

What did he do that puts him above being judged beyond seeing how the season plays out?  He signed a 31 year old pass rusher in June after multiple misses in the draft in Epenesa and Basham a day after he gave Oliver a $68 million extension.  If it works, it was a great move.  If it doesn’t, he shouldn’t get a pass, though.

My post was more about the totality of the moves since the offseason started.

And Floyd is 30, btw.

Edited by Success

On 3/15/2023 at 6:25 PM, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Unless the draft can land us a competent Head Coach, our biggest liability will still remain

Love to see the universal praise/support for McClappy slowly eroding from this forum.

More will follow after another failed campaign this year.

• Dislike 3

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Lol.  Troll boy continues.  

he’s talking about the roster that’s been assembled.  He has his share of misses.  Just like every GM, veach included

the same roster that the major of entire world thought was the best in football last season.  And it was.  The roster beat KC in KC again.  Then injuries (and a teammate dying on the field) ended the season.  While KC remained healthy.  Luck is involved.  Ask the 2020 chief team.  

Starting the offseason 20M over the cap- Beane upgraded the OL, WR, TE, RB Pass rush and secondary. 

I agree with the @Success.  Beane did a helluva job and now it’s on the players, coaches and the all powerful.  The team is championship caliber.  Just like last season. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Love to see the universal praise/support for McClappy slowly eroding from this forum.

Weird way to support a team, enjoying failure? Was you cheering when the drought ended?

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Well if that happens..next man up 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Still no factual proof that we are. I’m with you. I think we will be better. But to say for a fact that we are, or that on paper we are, is a false. 

I consider Kincaid a huge upgrade @ slot WR.  Semantics can be used to say that’s not true. But it is true.

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I consider Kincaid a huge upgrade @ slot WR.  Semantics can be used to say that’s not true. But it is true.

I would love to hear anyone try and make the case that the team isn't lightyears better than last year at slot even if the label on the guy who might be filling that role has TE next to his name on the TV screen.  And that's not even taking into consideration the other WRs we signed and another year under the belt for Shakir.

We we're literally pulling guys out of retirement last season.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Just saying we have no way to prove that until they start playing. The way McD brings his rookies along slowly and lack of experience would make it more likely that he won’t be as big of an upgrade in year 1 as we would hope. 

and my argument is more directed at the moves to WR that we’ve made. I agreed that we upgraded at TE. And I get that Kincaid is likely more of a WR than a TE, but the fact is he’s still listed as a TE. 

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Have to disagree with you.  Who did we lose that would make us better last year? Do you think there's not a McKenzie replacement on the roster? Or a concern there's not?

I'd like to think Davis and Shakir should be better.  And I think someone from Harty, Sherfield or Shakir should bring McKenzie production from one alone.

Additionally there's some very interesting other FA's and rookies to monitor. 

Only thing that would give me pause about being certain we're better is; where is Diggs?  Could this potential issue between he and Josh be a problem?

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Wait, you're increasingly pleased by your own perception/prediction of declining Bills fan satisfaction with team leadership, and looking forward to it getting worse?

What a loser mentality.

I'm happy when the team succeeds. I TRY to keep my own ego separate from my fandom. How foolish, to seek ego-validation instead of selfless celebration. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.