Beane again showing why he is a top GM

Success

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Is this a fact? Do you have a source link or tweet for this info? If so, it would definitely make me feel better about the player.

Here you go:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/246447-possible-mckenzie-replacement-bills-sign-deonte-harty-formally-deonte-harris/?do=findComment&comment=8315245

You feel like this is being mocked?   The last time you thought someone mocked us, it was because someone on twitter used a laughing emoji. 

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

And honestly, people should just relax about spelling, punctuation and grammar. 

No and Hell No!

Once we relax about spelling, punctuation and grammar, we’ll be reduced to nothing more than animals. Next thing you know there will be legalized gambling and weed. I’m not living in THAT world, mister. 

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

His results are demonstrably better than 90% of the league.

Marty Schottomheimer says hi.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I think MOST around here would say "YES!"

I think you are correct. For me it's a "NO!" 

Agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I think MOST around here would say "YES!"

Oh sure!   People would be ok with this!   You have such high standards that no one else has.  Thank god you are here. 

24 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't know if he will work out. I do know there was apparently competition for him, so GMs around the league thought differently. Your pessimism is tiresome, but at least you spelled the fella's name correctly.

Pessimism is a needed element on this forum. One can with validity make the opposite claim. A balance of the two would be optimal in my eyes. 

Imho, there are plenty of reasons to feel optimistic or pessimistic. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Pessimism is a needed element on this forum. One can with validity make the opposite claim. A balance of the two would be optimal in my eyes. 

Imho, there are plenty of reasons to feel optimistic or pessimistic. 

Well, it's good to know you are here for the general optimization of the board.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Effort is commendable. It's a results orientated league. Has Beane done enough? Are you happy with the results?

Results started counting 2 years ago when Diggs was acquired. In 2021 most objective observers would have said the Bills should have gotten to the AFC championship if not for Sean’s soul crushing “13 seconds “ choke job. With a potential championship game in Buffalo, against an upstart Cinn. team, getting to a SB would have been  feasible. Last year a 13 and 3 season spiraled out of control in the playoffs. Many factors contributed to the meltdown. Frazier was the wrong DC for our defensive personnel. With the loss of Miller, Hyde and an injury  riddled White, our defense got manhandled and looked like a beaten club in the 1st Qtr. The emotional roller coaster with Hamlin and record breaking storms didn’t help. Our rookie OC was a work in progress and made tactical errors in game planning. Having listed all the  excuses, any fan of any NFL team other than KC, would give their house for those results.

41 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

That's more than fair. It's not all on Beane. The coaches and the players certainly have to better as well.

I think it's safe to say the Bills coaching staff has been out coached in many playoff games. Fraizer's defense couldn't get it done! Really nothing more to say there. Dorsey was learning on the job. McD and 13 seconds. No need to elaborate. 

No need to call out players. Just saying they need to improve and execute at a higher level.

In concluding, the Bills are a very good team. A team that is more than capable of representing the AFC. A team that can hoist a Lombardi. Fact remains they haven't and that's what frustrates me as a fan.

It's one thing getting beat by a better team. I can totally tip my hand to the opponent. It's another getting beat because your coaches were out coached, out schemed, players didn't execute, etc. 

I have a difficult time believing KC was a better team 2 years ago. I have a hard time thinking Cinci was better than us last year. Maybe I'm wrong...

That was an incredibly honest and pragmatic answer.  Thanks newcam.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Well, it's good to know you are here for the general optimization of the board.

Thanks Doc. I can feel your love. Xoxoxo

3 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Results started counting 2 years ago when Diggs was acquired. In 2021 most objective observers would have said the Bills should have gotten to the AFC championship if not for Sean’s soul crushing “13 seconds “ choke job. With a potential championship game in Buffalo, against an upstart Cinn. team, getting to a SB would have been  feasible. Last year a 13 and 3 season spiraled out of control in the playoffs. Many factors contributed to the meltdown. Frazier was the wrong DC for our defensive personnel. With the loss of Miller, Hyde and an injury  riddled White, our defense got manhandled and looked like a beaten club in the 1st Qtr. The emotional roller coaster with Hamlin and record breaking storms didn’t help. Our rookie OC was a work in progress and made tactical errors in game planning. Having listed all the  excuses, any fan of any NFL team other than KC, would give their house for those results.

Very fair post. I don't disagree with a lot of what you said. 

57 minutes ago, teef said:

You feel like this is being mocked?   The last time you thought someone mocked us, it was because someone on twitter used a laughing emoji. 

Yeah i’d say posts like “massive overpay”, “Buffalo did us a favor”, and “That is an expensive addition to their Tub Club” are mocking.

And if you were being honest, you would admit it as well.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yeah i’d say posts like “massive overpay”, “Buffalo did us a favor”, and “That is an expensive addition to their Tub Club” are mocking.

And if you were being honest, you would admit it as well.

You went through and cherry picked a number of random comments from another teams message board.  That’s who you are.  It’s not an accurate representation of anything, yet you took the time and effort to it that post together.   You try so hard to be the contrarian.  Someone from a bears message board could have done the same thing after edmunds was signed.   

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Thanks Doc. I can feel your love. Xoxoxo

Very fair post. I don't disagree with a lot of what you said. 

From now on I am going to think of you as Broccoli. I'm told it is supposed to be good for you.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

You went through and cherry picked a number of random comments from another teams message board. 

If you’re going to lie, you might as well make up something even more outlandish. How about “Einstein tortured the responses out of the Saints fans!”

If you had bothered to be an honest poster and read all the quotes, you would have seen I posted a mix of both positive and negative. 

But you couldn’t help yourself. Because you’d rather be dishonest and continue your narrative.

If you’re going to lie, you might as well make up something even more outlandish. How about “Einstein tortured the responses out of the Saints fans!”

If you had bothered to be an honest poster and read all the quotes, you would have seen I posted a mix of both positive and negative. 

But you couldn’t help yourself. Because you’d rather be dishonest and continue your narrative.

What in the world did I lie about? 

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I have a difficult time believing KC was a better team 2 years ago. I have a hard time thinking Cinci was better than us last year. Maybe I'm wrong...

I don't believe KC was.  Bills and KC were pretty even.  By the end of the year Cinci was better.  It would have been a better gauge had we played them at the beginning of the season, when the Bills were healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Way to not read the post that talked about you not reading posts.

I literally said what you lied about IN the post you quoted.

You’re getting upset for a reason. Why pick and choose specific quotes?   Why not link the entire thread?   Listen…post how you want to.  You’re officially now  the guy who claims if the bills haven’t won the Super Bowl yet, there’s nothing good to be said.  Be that poster.  If it give you meaning and makes you feel better in some way, I support you. 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, teef said:

You’re getting upset for a reason.

Im not upset, i’m just calling you out on your BS.

14 minutes ago, teef said:

Why pick and choose specific quotes?   Why not link the entire thread?  

Oh, look, another lie. The link to the Saints forum thread is literally in the post with all the quotes. Ya know, the post you didn’t actually read but continue to talk about as if you did.

Im not upset, i’m just calling you out on your BS.

Oh, look, another lie. The link to the Saints forum thread is literally in the post with all the quotes. Ya know, the post you didn’t actually read but continue to talk about as if you did.

Fair enough, but there’s nothing in there at all “mocking” the bills.  At all. You look for the negative.  That fine.  This team won 13 games last year.  Not the Super Bowl, but a ton of games.  It’s not good enough, but it’s good.  You can consistently look for the negative in an effort to seem intelligent, or you can have a solid discussion, (not saying I’m a part of anything constructive).   You’ve taken the Super Bowl or this staff sucks approach.  It’s basic and simple.  I get it.  You may not be wrong at the end of the day, but it’s football and should be fun. If you need a message board to feel smart…good luck 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.