Possible McKenzie Replacement Bills sign Deonte Harty (formally Deonte Harris)

MAJBobby

I'm open to it - they liked him enough to put a 2nd round tender on him in 2022.  And the saints like, never have cap space. 

Unfortunately he missed the season with turf toe last year.  Possibly fortunately as it massively lowers the price. 

He might be cheap too so you don't have to make the choice now, you make the choice in camp.  He was an all-pro punt returner his rookie year, so another option there as well.   

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

• MAJBobby changed the title to Possible McKenzie Replacement Bills sign Deonte Harty (formally Deonte Harris)
4 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Happy to add weapons, but not sure I’d dump lil dirty if this was the only addition. We need more help. 

If we add deonte, we don’t need Dirty.  He’s serve no purpose.  We don’t need another midget

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Why? 

Just because you don’t know him doesn’t mean he’s not good.

I love what he brings to the field. He’s a super charged Dirty and is a good return man.  It might be more expensive than I thought we’d pay, but he’s got juice.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, NewEra said:

I love what he brings to the field. He’s a super charged Dirty and is a good return man.  It might be more expensive than I thought we’d pay, but he’s got juice.

But the Bills just resigned Hines. They don't really need another returner. And those are agent numbers for the contract. We'll have to see what the actual structure of it is before judging if the BIlls overpaid.

So, for the money, is Harty (potentially) our starting slot? 

3.7M cap hit isn’t that bad, especially if you subtract 2.5M from that if we cut McKenzie. 

The speed/route running explosiveness in his highlights is impressive.  

I literally have never heard of this man until today.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You can always tell the “I only want big name people” posters when they make posts saying “never heard of him I don’t get it I hate this signing.”

I like the addition to the offense. I think we found out last year McKenzie isn’t the speed answer this team needs and I think this signing at least gives us a new option. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, SCBills said:

So, for the money, is Harty (potentially) our starting slot? 

The speed/route running explosiveness in his highlights is impressive.  

I literally have never heard of this man until today.  

I do believe he is immediately penciled in as the starting slot

• Like (+1) 1

Excellent signing. Its the ability to see things like this - an under the radar player who has played with substandard qb play - and bring him in here with an opportunity for josh to elevate his game and become a household name. Well done, and lots to love on that tape. Hopefully it translates on the field here

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

But the Bills just resigned Hines. They don't really need another returner. And those are agent numbers for the contract. We'll have to see what the actual structure of it is before judging if the BIlls overpaid.

I would think they signed him to be more part of the offense than returning kicks.  He gives us the speed element that we lacked.  

This is a projection signing just like Jordan Poyer was.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.