Conner McGovern to Bills

Buffalo_Stampede

8 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

According to WhoScored and PFF McGovern is a middling pass blocker (Ranked 17th) and a pretty bad run blocker (Rated 31st).. Nothing to get excited about. Meanwhile, Edmonds to the Bears for 4 years $95M.. $50M guaranteed..... I guess too expensive for the Bills?    

Wow, what a huge overpay.

Pretty typical move for Brandon Beane on the O-Line.

Average player with some starting experience.  Similar to guys like Ty Nsekhe and David Quessenberry, who really never worked out.

Hope he's an upgrade on the interior, but don't cross your fingers.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

According to WhoScored and PFF McGovern is a middling pass blocker (Ranked 17th) and a pretty bad run blocker (Rated 31st).. Nothing to get excited about. Meanwhile, Edmonds to the Bears for 4 years $95M.. $50M guaranteed..... I guess too expensive for the Bills?    

Those are the financials from what I’ve seen

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Some NFL teams base contracts on PFF.

not disagreeing with you, but which teams or do you have a link that supports this? 

They “base their contract off of pff”?  Or they look at the pff numbers and sometimes take them into consideration 

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Saffold a 43 pff. This guy a 52. It may be an upgrade but not a big one. At least he doesn't commit penalties. 

The guy started the season with a bad ankle and was used in multiple positions on an injury riddled Cowboy line last year.

I think Bills fans should wait at least until camp to trash him.  LOL.

His PFF numbers in 2021 were better btw.

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

Pretty typical move for Brandon Beane on the O-Line.

Average player with some starting experience.  Similar to guys like Ty Nsekhe and David Quessenberry, who really never worked out.

Hope he's an upgrade on the interior, but don't cross your fingers.

Totally different imo. This guy is 25 years old, he is barely a year older than guys like Andrew Vorhees and Cody Mauch and has 4 years of experience under his belt. He started as a freshmen at PSU. The upside is still there. Those other guys were old depth veterans. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Correct position, but I don’t know about the specific player and contract. Seems like we could’ve done better at that price. At least his arrow is probably pointing up, unlike Saffold who was done a year before we signed him. Nothing to do now but hope for the best and see what he’s got. 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The guy started the season with a bad ankle and was used in multiple positions on an injury riddled Cowboy line last year.

I think Bills fans should wait at least until camp to trash him.  LOL.

His PFF numbers in 2021 were better btw.

They were, especially the run blocking grades. That all gives me some optimism. 

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Correct position, but I don’t know about the specific player and contract. Seems like we could’ve done better at that price. At least his arrow is probably pointing up, unlike Saffold who was done a year before we signed him. Nothing to do now but hope for the best and see what he’s got. 

They were, especially the run blocking grades. That all gives me some optimism. 

We will have to wait to hear Beane speak on him.  I for one am not sold on Bates moving to C.  He's capable as a backup but I don't think he is a starter.

If McGovern has a better shot at the C next year (I think it's Morse's last season) that could be an option.

I still think a college RT who can move to RG may be the pick that is smart this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

There are 64 starting guards, or is this out of one specific set of guards? Also he played a few spots due to injuries last year

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.