Conner McGovern to Bills

Buffalo_Stampede

Upgrade from Saffold who can start.
Young enough to have upside.
Its hardly a bad move.

But it's also not a definitive move at Guard . Lets see what Kromer can do with him/ Maybe he turns out to be Morse' replacement in a year or two ? We are going to need that solved as well

Go Bills

15 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If you watched him play and didn't come away with the knowledge that he's an average pass blocker and an awful run blocker, you didn't learn anything useful

by watching him.

Top end passblocker one of the top 15 to do it. 

good enough as a run blocker and a massive upgrade to Saffold in both. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yeah but you were talking about big deal signings. Not small extensions.  The bills have not committed significant resources in free agency towed their offensive line in five offseasons. It’s just brutal.

Only when you’re talking about whether the bills have committed significant resources towards rebuilding the line - This is not a rebuild the line move. This is a stop-gap move.

I would love for them to go after someone like Ben Powers

Dawkins is not a small extension and that was 3 years ago.

How is this a stop gap when he’s 25?  

Did you want Ben Powers just because of his PFF grade?  From what I understand, he’s not very good.  He benefited by Lamar being an incredible scrambler and runner.

21 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If you watched him play and didn't come away with the knowledge that he's an average pass blocker and an awful run blocker, you didn't learn anything useful

by watching him.

Of his 909 snaps he had last season, how many did you watch?

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He never watched him play.  He just never heard of him.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Of his 909 snaps he had last season, how many did you watch?

if I watched 909, would it be more relevant than if I watched 0? How he performed is known.

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

top 15 is "top-end"? I'd call that average.

24 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

if I watched 909, would it be more relevant than if I watched 0? How he performed is known.

I might be wrong but there are 64 starters at guard and plenty of guys that rotate in over a season for whatever reason.

My math aint so good , but top 15 is actually "top end" of the spectrum.
And honestly , i always try to stay positive when change occurs. And I am quite sure he is an improvement of Roger ( I was gassed) Safffold  LOL  :)

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Really? It's nice to know you value my offensive Guard assessment skills that highly.

There just might be a chance that you’d have your own impression, rather than just relying on questionable internet content from strangers. There are a lot of opinions out there. 

There are a handful of people here whose opinions I really value. They don’t just read internet stuff. They watch football to form opinions. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Oh is it really known?  A guy you never watched play or heard of is well known to you on his play?  

Yup. Every snap he has ever played has been watched and evaluated by experts  much more highly skilled and trained than any of us. Watching him play does nothing to provide a useful evaluation of his abilities, unless you're claiming that you're a better talent evaluator.

I actually watched a good handful of cowboys games last year, but never even knew the guy existed until an hour ago. I still really dislike the move and probably have a more valid reason for it than watching him play.

31 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Upgrade from Saffold who can start.
Young enough to have upside.
Its hardly a bad move.

But it's also not a definitive move at Guard . Lets see what Kromer can do with him/ Maybe he turns out to be Morse' replacement in a year or two ? We are going to need that solved as well

Go Bills

We save $6 mm on the cap by cutting Morse.  We all know that if we roll with Morse as our starter next season, a good chunk of his 11mm cap hit will be on the sidelines for a number of games. And if he is on the field, it is likely his play will deteriorate further.  We really should be looking at better options at center. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I would argue top 10 pass blocking OG. 

64 start. So YES top 15 does not = AVG

16 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

MATH. Top 15 out of 64. 

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I actually watched a good handful of cowboys games last year, but never even knew the guy existed until an hour ago. I still really dislike the move and probably have a more valid reason for it than watching him play.

This is the kind of solid reasoning that brings me back here. 😋

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

We save $6 mm on the cap by cutting Morse.  We all know that if we roll with Morse as our starter next season, a good chunk of his 11mm cap hit will be on the sidelines for a number of games. And if he is on the field, it is likely his play will deteriorate further.  We really should be looking at better options at center. 

He’s played in 60/65 games in his 4 years here… that equates to a good chunk on the sidelines this year? 

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you want Ben Powers just because of his PFF grade?  From what I understand, he’s not very good.  

I researched him extensively and I don’t know how anyone can say he’s not very good. The Ravens have an award for best linemen of the game. Powers won it 8 times last season. 

He’s also pretty NASTY and I like that. In college he told a reporter “I love taking a grown mans dream and just crushing it”. We need braulers like that on our team.

Speaking of PFF, they show his blocking got BETTER after Lamar got injured and went out.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

MATH. Top 15 out of 64. 

No. We’re breaking down by strict LG and RG… mix in conference too… maybe even division. 

That makes him 15th out of 4 LG in the NFC East… math! 

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

He’s also pretty NASTY and I like that. In college he told a reporter “I love taking a grown mans dream and just crushing it”. We need braulers like that on our team.

Who was the guy that said he wanted to make defenders make business decisions when they go to tackle him? 

We should go get that guy too… 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.