Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

Just now, Gregg said:

It might be. If it is I do like the fact that they gave up a first this year and a 2nd that could become a first next year. That's a lot for a 40 year who will probably only be there a year or two.

it might not be and probably isn't. Dov Kleavage?

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

13 seconds will go down as the biggest blunder in Buffalo sports history...

Bills were indeed the best team in the NFL for like a 8 game period between last year and this year. Unfortunately no trophy for that 

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

Rob Demovsky on Twitter: "We're an hour away from the start of the free agent negotiating period, and I'm told neither the Packers nor the Jets know what Aaron Rodgers is going to do." / Twitter

So, 'business as usual'. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

18 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

He won 2 out of the last 3 league MVPs. With those Jets receivers he might win it again this year

Let's circle back and see what happens. He's going to collect a check and because in GB he was expected to win Superbowls. As a Jet, he'll be a hero for making the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

I’m sure it’s a done deal.  

2023 AFC East the new 2022 AFC West

Until Rodgers blacks out on ayahuasca and hurts a hip when falling down.  

Why would the Jets even want this guy right now? 
If he has to contemplate retirement or joining your team and isn’t sure.. Why in the world would you send draft capital for him? We’re gonna get to like July and Rodgers is just gonna be like nah… This wasn’t a good idea 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Malazan said:

oh no, the Jets upgraded from 8th best QB in the AFC East to 3rd best. 

I can give you possibly Allen > Rodgers, with even that being debatable, but who else is better in the East?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Why would the Jets even want this guy right now? 
If he has to contemplate retirement or joining your team and isn’t sure.. Why in the world would you send draft capital for him? We’re gonna get to like July and Rodgers is just gonna be like nah… This wasn’t a good idea 

Desperation. It’s what happens when you don’t have a guy at QB , a la Browns

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, buffblue said:

Possibly?

Yes.  Rodgers had 1 down year.  He had won 2 straight MVPs before that, and 4 total.  Obviously long term, Allen > Rodgers.  If Rodgers continues downhill, then obviously Allen > Rodgers.  But Rodgers was a top 2-3 QB in the NFL for 12+ years.  1 down disgruntled year doesn't guarantee he is suddenly trash.

I could see Rodgers playing lights out next year just to prove the Packers wrong.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

9 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Yes.  Rodgers had 1 down year.  He had won 2 straight MVPs before that, and 4 total.  Obviously long term, Allen > Rodgers.  If Rodgers continues downhill, then obviously Allen > Rodgers.  But Rodgers was a top 2-3 QB in the NFL for 12+ years.  1 down disgruntled year doesn't guarantee he is suddenly trash.

I could see Rodgers playing lights out next year just to prove the Packers wrong.

Hits a little different when that year comes when you are 39 years old.

1 minute ago, Mark80 said:

Hits a little different when that year comes when you are 39 years old.

I would agree more if it wasn't for the fact that Rodgers has been pissed at GB for a couple years, and last year it seemed to come to a head.  I may be wrong, but I don't see much of a chance of him dropping off that much 1 year to the next, 39 or not.

I predict Brett Favre on the Vikings part two.

One really great, possibly even career year on his new team, followed by a sharp decline and a decision to retire.

Bills fans can only hope that the bright lights of the New York are not a good match with Rodgers, who seems to have paper thin skin and a giant ego.

If Rodgers does go to the Jets let's hope, he keeps one streak going. He has never won a game in Buffalo. Granted he hasn't played in OP all that much, but it would still be nice if he remains winless there. 

On 3/7/2023 at 10:02 AM, Matt_In_NH said:

Have not seen this anywhere.   If he went there they would be a legit contender IMO.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/07/report-aaron-rodgers-spoke-to-jets-on-monday/

I know I'm late to the fair here, but as this report pointed out:

The report skipped over a pretty important step — the Packers giving Rodgers permission to talk to other teams. Maybe they had and it just wasn’t reported or disclosed. It’s hard to imagine that information being kept secret, however, given that most of the football world spent last week in Indianapolis.

It’s possible he didn’t get permission, and that there was tampering. That would seem to be very unlikely, however, given the stiff punishment imposed on the Dolphins for tampering with Tom Brady and Sean Payton.

Why would the Packers give Rodgers permission to seek a trade, when trading him is gonna cost them a small fortune in dead cap?

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I know I'm late to the fair here, but as this report pointed out:

Why would the Packers give Rodgers permission to seek a trade, when trading him is gonna cost them a small fortune in dead cap?

did you just wake up after a week?

• Haha (+1) 2