Best possible picks at 27?

BeastMode54

3 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

If Bijan Robinson is there at 27 they should do cartwheels to the podium.  No chance he’s there though.  

I remember when John Butler said he'd do cartwheels to the podium if hyped Texas A&M RB Leeland McElroy was on the board when the Bills were up in 96'.

Instead they took Eric Moulds.

Bills haven't passed on RB that's gone in round 1 and regretted it since at least the 1980's..........this time will be no different.   

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I remember when John Butler said he'd do cartwheels to the podium if hyped Texas A&M RB Leeland McElroy was on the board when the Bills were up in 96'.

Instead they took Eric Moulds.

Bills haven't passed on RB that's gone in round 1 and regretted it since at least the 1980's..........this time will be no different.   

I remember a similar quote by a Bills GM in 2008, mentioning how excited he would be if Leodis McKelvin was still there. Does this ring a bell?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Torrence, imo isn’t a first round pick. He’s also too big. Guys that big usually have trouble controlling their weight. I want no part of the guy. Not to mention he’s a bad scheme fit. 

Mike Williams Part 2?

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

Addison or Torrence for me.

Addison is the perfect WR2 for our Offense, and he has WR1 potential down the line. 

Torrence is just a monster.  Yea, he's only a Guard.  Won't ever play Tackle.  Isn't a Center.  Do. Not. Care.   Drafting him brings the hope that he will lock down his Guard spot with top tier play for a decade. 

If we address Guard and WR in Free Agency, then I'd be ok taking a swing on Bijan Robinson.

His first contract will only be 4 years,with the possible 5th year. No guarantee he would be in Buffalo for a decade; free agency,injury,etc.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

I remember a similar quote by a Bills GM in 2008, mentioning how excited he would be if Leodis McKelvin was still there. Does this ring a bell?

I never understood a single word when that man spoke!

Edited by TAinLA
spelling
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BeastMode54 said:

I'm curious who people on this board think would be the best player to take at 27? From all the mocks I've seen, these are the guys who have been mocked to us most frequently. Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on these guys.

Jordan Addison WR

Jaylin Hyatt WR

Rashee Rice WR

Bijan Robinson RB

Cyrus O'Torrence OG

Antonio Johnson S

Cody Mauch OT

Well here's my way too early Big Board for round 1...  Many changes coming after the combine, and free agent period....

Tier 1 guys you hope will slip.  Some more or less likely to slip to 27.  

My preference (in order)

S Brian Branch

OT Paris Johnson

OT Peter Skoronski

OT Broderick Jones

CB Devon Witherspoon

CB Christian Gonzalez

CB Joey Porter

DT Jalen Carter

DT Bruam Bresee

DT Calijah Kancey

DE Will Anderson

DE Tyree Wilson

DE Lucas Van Ness

DE Myles Murphy

WR Quentin Johnson

WR Jordan Addison

WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba

WR Zay Flowers

Tier 2 picks for #27 (more likely to be available)

OG O'Cyrus Torrence

OT Anton Harrison

LB Diayan Henley

S Antonio Johnson

CB Deonte Banks

CB Tyrique Stevenson

DT Mazi Smith

DE Andre Carter II

DE Nolan Smith

DE Will McDonald

DE BJ Ojulari

WR Nathaniel Dell

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

Just a bad list 

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Just a bad class.

EDIT: from that list it is Addison. But he won't be there.

12 hours ago, LEBills said:

Addison would be the pick but he will be gone by then

The best option after that would be to trade down. If not, Darnell Wright from Tennessee

So is it a bad list because it's unrealistic that those players will be available at 27 then? Because it looks like a really GOOD list of 27th overall pick talents. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

So is it a bad list because it's unrealistic that those players will be available at 27 then? Because it looks like a really GOOD list of 27th overall pick talents. 

I'll talk you through how I see it:

Jordan Addison WR - won't be there.

Jaylin Hyatt WR - not a guy who'd have sniffed the first round last year.

Rashee Rice WR - not a first rounder, even in this class

Bijan Robinson RB - won't be there.

Cyrus O'Torrence OG - not a first rounder. 

Antonio Johnson S - good player, safety in round one would leave a lot of us cold.

Cody Mauch OT - not a first rounder, even in this class.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I think it’s bad for a couple of the reasons I listed above

• Like (+1) 1

I was in no way of saying that it was a definitive list of players that would be there. It's just players I have seen mocked to us. The post was more about who people wanted at 27, and if any of those names seemed like good options. There are definitely other players to be brought up. That's not my wish list, just some of the names I'd seen most often.

23 hours ago, BeastMode54 said:

I'm curious who people on this board think would be the best player to take at 27? From all the mocks I've seen, these are the guys who have been mocked to us most frequently. Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on these guys.

Jordan Addison WR

Jaylin Hyatt WR

Rashee Rice WR

Bijan Robinson RB

Cyrus O'Torrence OG

Antonio Johnson S

Cody Mauch OT

I think 27 is too high for Rice, Johnson, and Mauch... O'Torrence is OG only and that's usually not what the Bills prefer on the interior...

Addison or Hyatt would be awesome IMHO...But I think Addison goes top 15...Hyatt top 25...

I think the most realistic names at 27...Right now at least...Are Zay Flowers, Smith-Njigba, John Michael Schmitz, Joe Tippmann, Darnell Washington, and Steve Avila...When all the workouts are complete, especially Smith-Njigba's 40 time, it should become a little more clear...B-)

19 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

If Bijan Robinson is there at 27 they should do cartwheels to the podium.  No chance he’s there though.  

If Bijan Robinson is there at 27 we should do cartwheels to the phone and trade back. It does seem a bit unlikely, though.

I don't get the sense that the values most folks have reported so far will not change quite a bit in the next couple of weeks, nor that our needs won't look fairly different after FA.

I see why people are interested. I just don't think things are clear enough for me yet. One other thing is that from what I see if the values are more on target than I sense they are, I'd rather see them trade back a bit and acquire more picks. But I often want that, and so far Beane has not done a lot of it.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 3/2/2023 at 10:38 AM, Gregg said:

Need to build the OL. Best OL available to us is where I would go. The draft board never goes as predicted. Some players stock will fall/rise like it does every draft. There will probably be players available at 27 who weren't expected to be there.

Not if it’s a reach at OL honestly I think we go playmaker bring an element of speed combined with a big frame give Allen more quick strike options that can turn a big play instead of relying on a 60 yard pass 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Not if it’s a reach at OL honestly I think we go playmaker bring an element of speed combined with a big frame give Allen more quick strike options that can turn a big play instead of relying on a 60 yard pass 

Exactly. Grab a free agent OL and then another with the 2nd round pick. Winning.

On 3/2/2023 at 10:33 AM, BeastMode54 said:

Jordan Addison WR

Jaylin Hyatt WR

Rashee Rice WR

Bijan Robinson RB

Cyrus O'Torrence OG

Antonio Johnson S

Cody Mauch OT

Everyone is talking OLine which is understandable but the Bengals already proved you can win a playoff game in a dominating fashion against a heavily invested DL with a spotty at best OL with a quick and efficient passing game. Our OL probably wouldn’t be under such scrutiny if the offense wasn’t running every play 20-50 yards down field. The system was a mess and until the coaches figure that out we need to make our offense more potent to be able to strike quickly. I’d say Hyatt if he’s there, or Downs in the second. I actually like Mingo or Hutchinson from Iowa state in the 3rd I believe more then the other 2 picks tho. So with that sentiment in mind OL specifically Paris Johnson Jr The Ohio State. Unless someone unexpected player trips and falls 

Take the best player that isn’t a QB or CB.  Stop getting cute and stop exclusively  trying to fill perceived roster holes with our early picks.  Every other front office in NFL knows who we’re targeting with our early picks.  Go get a pro bowl level talent.  McBeane did that before the roster got better, then they started using high draft picks to fill holes instead of taking the best player and letting the coaches figure out how to get the best talent on the field.  Ozzie Newsome was the master of this.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.