Best possible picks at 27?

BeastMode54

10 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Find the Georgia game and watch him vs Jalen Carter. 

I saw that.  He had a good game vs Carter.  I didn’t say that Torrence isn’t any good.  I just don’t think that he is some kind of human bulldozer- he has power for sure, but is he just going to dominate his man by pushing him 5 yards of the LOS?  I think he would be a good player, just not super dominant - though I think you can figure he would really help the 3rd and short run game.

2 hours ago, McBean said:

Trade pick.

If staying put?

Flowers or Torrence

I’d love JSN but he isn’t gonna be there

I don’t see anything special about JSN, just like with Addison…I would not be surprised if these two did not have first round grades…Teams like traits in the first rounds- these guys don’t seem to have the explosiveness or speed…

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If I were to tell you that 5 guys in this draft eventually became all-pros, who would you guess?

Carter (legal issues allowing)

Paris Johnson Jnr

Joey Porter

Peter Skoronski (as a guard)

Bijan Robinson

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

The thing with AJ Brown that mitigated his "OK - not great" speed was his physicality.  Dude is rocked up and powerful.  Addison is quite thin, but at the same time, rules don't allow too much contact with WRs except near the line.  If he can get off the line, he seems to have the quickness and route running chops to get open and the hands to catch the ball reliably.  

Is Addison worth pick 27?  Is really anybody that will be available a better option?  I don't know, but I do think anyone they select is going to be sort of a consolation prize given the general weakness of the class.  

Thoughts?

Yep, bit more explosive, bit more physical. Probably less shifty ball in hand. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t see Addison as 1st round talent- MAYBE second round- like Robert Woods was…But I don’t see him as a better talent than when Woods was drafted…

2013 is the last year before I started trying to evaluate the draft. He is certainly less physical than Woods. It is his route running and his shiftiness that I like on film. But how effective is that in the NFL if you are running a 4.55? Dunno.

Jordan Addison - He'll likely be gone...

Zay Flowers - Love him...

Jalin Hyatt - Let's go...

Darnell Washington - Unicorn...

Jaxon Smith-Njigba - I do want to see his 40 time...I'm a bit nervous about the speed. But he's good.

Michael Meyer - I think he could fall a bit. He's just a real good football player. 

I like a few of the O-Linemen...There are 4-5 guys they could take at #27 on the O-Line. The depth between the end of the 1st and middle of the 2nd looks pretty decent at O-Line...For that reason, I think if the Bills are going to take an O-Lineman, they should trade down a bit...B-)

8 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Is Jack Campbell gone already in everyone's projections? Or is he dinged for not being OL or WR? Don't draft need. Draft the most talented players/people. Once the draft becomes about the following season, you're in trouble. 

I’d like to see a trade down and pick up Jack Campbell and an offense of lineman in the second round

Bringing a veteran wide receiver to compete with Gabe Davis

Edited by John from Riverside

On 3/5/2023 at 8:14 PM, KOKBILLS said:

Jordan Addison - He'll likely be gone...

Zay Flowers - Love him...

Jalin Hyatt - Let's go...

Darnell Washington - Unicorn...

Jaxon Smith-Njigba - I do want to see his 40 time...I'm a bit nervous about the speed. But he's good.

Michael Meyer - I think he could fall a bit. He's just a real good football player. 

I like a few of the O-Linemen...There are 4-5 guys they could take at #27 on the O-Line. The depth between the end of the 1st and middle of the 2nd looks pretty decent at O-Line...For that reason, I think if the Bills are going to take an O-Lineman, they should trade down a bit...B-)

I like Flowers a lot too. In fact I'm not sure he isn't right on par with Addison as a prospect. Some folks just can't get off his size as a weakness. He's just a tad north of 5'9" and weighs 182 pounds. That's only one inch less and just a couple of pounds lighter than Antonio Brown. What if he becomes AB (without the head case)? Are people going to complain about his size then? Dubs. And while many feel that this WR class is "weak" I'm sure some valuable starters at that position will be drafted this year. Addison won the Belitnikoff in 2021 while at Pittsburg a year the class is said to be so much stronger. He can play - and at a high level. JSN is going to be a great slot receiver, guaranteed 80 catches, 1000 yards every year including year one. More than half the good nfl WRs are smaller guys and that may well be the direction the game is headed. There just aren't that many alpha dogs out there.
Mind you I'm not complaining either if the best TE in this years class is there at 27 and we take him. Or Bijan. Point is with likely first round runs on QB, DB, edge, there should be some excellent players to choose from at positions of need. I just don't want them to outsmart themselves again ala the Bernard pick. That TooToo guy worries me. He's so smart, such a process oriented guy etc...sounds exactly like Bernard. So if Bernard was a fifth round pick taken in the third maybe TooToo who is projected in the third will be a first round pick on McD's board. Please God no. 

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Like (+1) 1

Torrence, Wright, Mauch ( because he has the same name as the guy on Chicago fire 😜), Robinson i would love to see for a much better run game to help Josh out plus he is a passing threat too along with cook that would be a run game to depend on , or Drew Sanders would be another i wouldn't mind .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.