Best possible picks at 27?

BeastMode54

47 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

OT Paris Johnson Jr. from Ohio State. Almost Every mock I have done he is at 27. I have seen him rated as high as number 7 overall.

I like him a lot too, and I know there is a lot of GM speak, but I really think they give Spencer Brown another shot at RT. I could be wrong though

I think I know what I would like in terms of approach and some individual players but of course I probably won't get what I want.

1 Addison (too many WR needy teams and he's just too good to last). So maybe another potential difference maker at WR might be available. 
2. IOL, Avila or Cody Mauch. Both can play multiple O-line positions. Mauch looks inbred and is hobo level disheveled but he is likely a 10 year starter. Not much upside but the floor is high enuf.

3. Darnell Washington (it's like another really good O-lineman). He's a fantastic blocker, can be an option for Josh in the passing game, will enable TE #1 to run more routes and will strike fear into the hearts of all adversaries.

4. You can maybe find a couple of safeties in the 4th who have high upside but are works in progress. Jammie Robinson, Sidney Brown. Lets see if McD can coach them up.

5. The RB class is extremely deep and talented. You can probably find exactly what you need in the fifth round. I like Johnson as a power back but there are lots of guys who can bring pass pro, run inside the tackles, have speed and can even project as three down backs at the next level. Let DS walk and draft one.

6. A speculative edge rusher or LB?

Of course everything will be impacted by moves the team will make in advance of the draft. And I'm assuming Tremaine is not going anywhere in 2023. If he's gone the Bills may look to the draft for a replacement. Actually I'm not sure McD will be able to control himself if Branch and/or Johnson (the safety) is still on the board at 27 (which is likely).

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ll make sure to make my own lamp post.  I wouldn’t want to waste it in this thread 😘 

Agreed, but there should be more options @ WR than addison, rice and Hyatt.  Flowers, jsn should be included.  Mauch the only OR?  No wright?  O’Torrance as the only og?  

just a weird list.  

are you always this happy?

Hyatt and Flowers will be mistakes at pick 27.  If those two and Bijan Robinson where there, and no acceptable Olinemen was available, the offense would be more improved with Robinson than any receiver in the draft. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, WMDman said:

Torrence, plug and play RG

If that’s true and if he is a dominant RG in the pros. We can move Bates back to left and we’d be in business on the OL…

But fixing our OL depends largely on KD who called way too many time consuming plays. We’ve got to bring back the short passing game, the easier passing game, to the Bills… We need more easier bread and butter plays…

We need to fix all three…. The playbook, the receivers and the line….

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JMM said:

Not likely but if there Kincaid all day. Matchup nightmare.  Beane alluded to him the other day 

I think he can make sense if there at 27. If the TE is a really good blocker you are bolstering your o-line. To the extent also a contributor in the passing game you are helping Josh in more than one way. Of course a guy like Kincaid will probably cost your first pick. I think in the long run you might be as well or better served by taking one later in the draft, I would like D. Washington in the third, and use earlier picks elsewhere. But the TE group is strong and the WR group is not the greatest so maybe TE is a better value pick earlier on.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BeastMode54 said:

I'm curious who people on this board think would be the best player to take at 27? From all the mocks I've seen, these are the guys who have been mocked to us most frequently. Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on these guys.

Jordan Addison WR

Jaylin Hyatt WR

Rashee Rice WR

Bijan Robinson RB

Cyrus O'Torrence OG

Antonio Johnson S

Cody Mauch OT

Well, I've been in the camp that you don't waste a 1st round pick on a running back & we need offensive lineman but the more highlights I see of Bijan Robinson RB I think our offensive would be deadly with him. The Bills have a tradition of excellent running backs & maybe he could our Thurman for Josh.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Well, I've been in the camp that you don't waste a 1st round pick on a running back & we need offensive lineman but the more highlights I see of Bijan Robinson RB I think our offensive would be deadly with him. The Bills have a tradition of excellent running backs & maybe he could our Thurman for Josh.

I think it's fair to say that no one player in this draft has the potential to help Josh out more than Bijan. Josh would no longer be RB#1 in our O and Bijan catches anything thrown his way. The other big helper is Addison but I actually think Robinson is more likely to be there at 27. If they were both there (neither is likely to be there, Bijan will go 26 or earlier imo) I would pick Addison and draft an RB in the later rounds.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

The best “pick” is likely to trade back a little bit so we can get a few extra selections.

In a trade-back scenario, I’m looking at Steve Avila or John Michael-Schmitz in the early to mid 2nd round. Avila has experience at G and C, which is very much in the mold of what our staff likes. JMS is a beast and would be a great addition to the line - having him at G now to take over next year at C would be fine as I don’t think we bring Morse back once his contract ends.

From there? Your guess is as good as mine. I think Rice is a day 2 pick personally but not sure he’s there at 59. I also don’t think he’s as valuable as either of the above options to be taken ahead of them. He *might* be at 59, the other two (barring a garbage combine) will definitely *not* be there at 59. If we are trading back I think it’s for one of these guys.

I’m not sure how I feel about Tank Dell from Houston. He’s a day 2 guy I think who may also be an option at 59. I feel like he’s a guy who SHOULD be taken way earlier than some of his counterparts but his name isn’t coming across as many headlines. Lots of love for Hyatt and Rice lately while, to me, Dell is as good as they are. He’s a weapon for sure. I also like Josh Downs a lot but he’s 100% a slot guy and we have more than enough of them. Great player, bad fit.

Voorhis would be a good G to add day 3. He was initially a 5th round projection, I doubt he makes it past the 4th. Could work himself into the late 3rd with an outstanding combine I think.

Back to round 1… I think if someone like Zay Flowers falls you have to really consider him before taking calls to move back. Paris Johnson and Skoronski go here as well but I can’t imagine either of them not being at top-20 pick. Hyatt is interesting but there’s a lot of hype moving him up the boards and I’m not sure he’s worth pick 27 (don’t hate me, I know it’s a bad take)

Isn’t that also true for Dell who is smaller even than Downs?

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Hyatt and Flowers will be mistakes at pick 27.  If those two and Bijan Robinson where there, and no acceptable Olinemen was available, the offense would be more improved with Robinson than any receiver in the draft. 

Except who is blocking for him?

8 hours ago, BeastMode54 said:

I'm curious who people on this board think would be the best player to take at 27? From all the mocks I've seen, these are the guys who have been mocked to us most frequently. Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on these guys.

Jordan Addison WR

Jaylin Hyatt WR

Rashee Rice WR

Bijan Robinson RB

Cyrus O'Torrence OG

Antonio Johnson S

Cody Mauch OT

Sign me up for Addison!

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I just love Vorhees anchor in pass pro. When he sets his feet to pass protect, he has that wingspan, he mirrors pass rushers really well.... he is just a hard dude to get by. To me as pass protectors Vorhees is ahead of Torrence and I think he is clearly ahead too. 

FWIW, I agree on Vorhees.  I watched him vs Stanford and Oregon State.  I didn’t see him get beat in pass pro and he is a tenacious run blocker.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.