Lamar Jackson wants guarantees that exceed Watson contract

SCBills

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

You all are wild.  Why should he consider that?  This is basic business. Watson signed a deal for 230 million guaranteed.  Jackson is no less accomplished and his contract talks were coming up.  Of course he’ll want what Watson received plus more.  That’s usually how it works.   Lamar doesn’t have the issue.   The Haslem’s bad decision making is the issue.  

if I’m Lamar Jackson I won’t take less from Baltimore.  If I have to take less it will be in another uniform and I would not play on the tag either.  Sit out.  In that scenario they will trade him eventually.

The one team that took a chance on him, you want him to do them like that? 

He’s, at best, the 4th QB in the AFC and I can bet more GM’s than not would rather have Herbert or Lawrence, which drops him to 6th in a fight with 40 year old Rodgers. 

He has zero self awareness and now comes off like a complete sideshow.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

He won't get what he's looking for from anyone.  And in the meantime he'll cost himself $50M+.

He already did.

His stubbornness has already cost him tens of millions of dollars.

There's no telling how much this will end up costing him by the time he gets his new deal

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

You all are wild.  Why should he consider that?  This is basic business. Watson signed a deal for 230 million guaranteed.  Jackson is no less accomplished and his contract talks were coming up.  Of course he’ll want what Watson received plus more.  That’s usually how it works.   Lamar doesn’t have the issue.   The Haslem’s bad decision making is the issue.  

if I’m Lamar Jackson I won’t take less from Baltimore.  If I have to take less it will be in another uniform and I would not play on the tag either.  Sit out.  In that scenario they will trade him eventually.

Seems to be working out well for Lamar.. well played 

31 minutes ago, Governor said:

I think the Ravens are praying someone trades for him but it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. At that point they’re basically screwed and he will probably sit or the Ravens could make an example out of him and just bench him. It could get ugly.

I said 2 years ago that the Jackson experiment in Baltimore was coming to a close and I still believe that. That first Bills game made their decision for them. That was his ceiling.

It’s time to move on before they all get fired.

The Ravens are a well respected franchise. I don’t happen to like them but they have been for years. They will  outlast Lamar and imho they have handled this respectfully. Newsome is a front office legend and it’s a top 10 NFL organization. Oh it’s already ugly! 
RGlll trying to make his name 💯 support of players against the “man”. Lamar is over his head and yes the NFL is a machine. 

14 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Just googled a bit and apparently 10 is the border of literacy. So I don’t think Lamar is regularly arguing over the proper use of the Oxford comma. 

I just think about the complexities of an NFL playbook… 

In his defense, Roman is said to have the most complicated running playbook in the NFL and he seemed to grasp the offense. Unless it was dumbed down for him but I dont ever remember reading that.  Maybe he is just one of those people that are really smart at some things and not so smart at other things. I know there are things I am absolutely dumb at that I dont even try to understand anymore but I am pretty smart at a few things.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

In his defense, Roman is said to have the most complicated running playbook in the NFL and he seemed to grasp the offense. Unless it was dumbed down for him but I dont ever remember reading that.  Maybe he is just one of those people that are really smart at some things and not so smart at other things. I know there are things I am absolutely dumb at that I dont even try to understand anymore but I am pretty smart at a few things.

Lamar is a great football player - he scares me more then any other player bc he can produce a TD any play of the game he’s just that dangerous but he has not played this correctly and he should have had someone guiding him but now he has burned bridges with his current team and shown some negative traits which is affecting this contract  negotiations 

4 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Lamar is a great football player - he scares me more then any other player bc he can produce a TD any play of the game he’s just that dangerous but he has not played this correctly and he should have had someone guiding him but now he has burned bridges with his current team and shown some negative traits which is affecting this contract  negotiations 

Im not as high on Lamar as some.  I do think he is a great football player but I dont think he is a great passer.  I agree on the rest.  He misplayed this and should have had an agent.  He is never going to get the contract he wants and he is just costing himself money.  If he continues to play this wrong it could cost him his career.

11 hours ago, BeastMaster said:

He already did.

There's no telling how much this will end up costing him by the time he gets his new deal

Oh, I know.  I figure he's cost himself at least $42M by not signing an extension after Josh got one.  Now he's under the franchise tage of $32M, which is about $13M under what he could have been averaging at least.

And Richard Sherman is blaming Mahomes and Josh for not signing fully-guaranteed deals after Cousins did.

13 hours ago, purple haze said:

if I’m Lamar Jacks

on I won’t take less from Baltimore.  If I have to take less it will be in another uniform and I would not play on the tag either.  Sit out.  In that scenario they will trade him eventually.

So he would take a non fully guaranteed contract from another team?  He's just trying to screw over the Ravens with this specific demand?

To what end?

9 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

9 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Im not as high on Lamar as some.  I do think he is a great football player but I dont think he is a great passer.  I agree on the rest.  He misplayed this and should have had an agent.  He is never going to get the contract he wants and he is just costing himself money.  If he continues to play this wrong it could cost him his career.

Lemar can be neutralized by good disciplined defenses as shown in Bills Ravens playoff game.   Bills game plan was to keep him in pocket and Trent Murphy himself took away half of the field allowing others on defense to harass him mercifulness.  

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

0085E1E9-7318-41EF-A6D4-CB12B2C510A6.jpeg

AM should give back the $ he stole from Ralph Wilson. The only thibg currently going on in sports is that of black athlete privilege. AM is unaware that the NFL has caught up to the cred and rev talent that is Lamar.  He’s somewhere between the  12-16 best QB in the league with a downward trajectory. Sorry that’s the facts. And he’s made completely avoidable poor decisions that have impacted his value and reputation. MM doesn’t have the courage to speak to the current black athlete privilege that is overwhelmingly negatively impacting sports. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 hours ago, BeastMaster said:

He already did.

the best guaranteed dollars would’ve been the ones he would’ve already been paid, right? 

he’s essentially passed on tens of millions to try to guarantee tens of millions in 5 years that he’s very likely to be paid either way. It’s terrible. 

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

So he would take a non fully guaranteed contract from another team?  He's just trying to screw over the Ravens with this specific demand?

To what end?

He’s trying to get what he wants and feels he deserves based on his accomplishments and what the market set.   Had the Ravens paid him earlier on this situation wouldn’t exist.  The Ravens have themselves to blame.

With what Jackson has meant to the Ravens, no, I would not take less from them.  If I had to settle it would be somewhere else where I have no history.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, SCBills said:

The one team that took a chance on him, you want him to do them like that? 

He’s, at best, the 4th QB in the AFC and I can bet more GM’s than not would rather have Herbert or Lawrence, which drops him to 6th in a fight with 40 year old Rodgers. 

He has zero self awareness and now comes off like a complete sideshow.  

This is business.  The best QB the Ravens’ organization has ever had, who puts asses in seats weekly,  and is big on helping the community as well, is the man they don’t want to pay a market value contract?  Why do the Ravens want to do him like that?

if they don’t think he’s worth what he’s asking for, trade him.  Go find a QB who is worth it then.  Good luck to them.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.