Lamar Jackson wants guarantees that exceed Watson contract

SCBills

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

First and foremost, that tweet and meme is hilarious from Lamar. Great meme'ing.

But bruh... That's not what we're here for and we're talking about MILLIONS of dollars in the balance.

Some of my favorite comments on this one:

• "Lamar tweets like a WR"
  • "“People claim to care about mental health and yet i’m not allowed to break league rules? Smh”
  • "How long before he freezes his foot?"

I like Lamar always have but man he is starting g to look like a major head-case. The spotlight is on him and he is being exposed. Interesting times and drama. 

Edited by wppete

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

I ole Lamar always have but man he is starting g to look like a major head-case. The spotlight is on him and he is being exposed. Interesting times and drama. 

He scored a 13 on his Wonderlic. A 13!

Unfortunately, he and his mom seem to be suffering from Chronic Poverty Brain. Can't see the bigger picture of spending a little money to make a TON of money. Trying to pinch every penny at his own detriment.

Kinda sad.

• Agree 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Unfortunately, he and his mom seem to be suffering from Chronic Poverty Brain. Can't see the bigger picture of spending a little money to make a TON of money. Trying to pinch every penny at his own detriment.

Kinda sad.

Honest question: wouldn’t the average adult American have to actively TRY to get a score that low? 

Just now, stevestojan said:

Honest question: wouldn’t the average adult American have to actively TRY to get a score that low? 

Yes. It is extraordinarily low. Like dude showed up and just marked "C" for every answer. Or made the bubbles into a picture. Or cant read.

All equally possible.

• Like (+1) 1

Kinda sad.

Wonderlic aside he just doesn’t seem to get it, very immature. Or perhaps he is being advised by a bunch of morons with our experience. Spotlight is on him. 

Yes. It is extraordinarily low. Like dude showed up and just marked "C" for every answer. Or made the bubbles into a picture. Or cant read.

All equally possible.

Just googled a bit and apparently 10 is the border of literacy. So I don’t think Lamar is regularly arguing over the proper use of the Oxford comma. 

I just think about the complexities of an NFL playbook… 

Edited by stevestojan

Just now, wppete said:

Wonderlic aside he just doesn’t seem to get it, very immature. Or perhaps he is being advised by a bunch of morons with our experience. Spotlight is on him. 

From the sounds of it, it's him and his mom coming up out of a rough situation, without the proper background education on these matters. And the usual swarm of circling yes-men trying to get in to get a piece of his pie.

My Chronic Poverty Brain comment isn't really a joke.

Again, on one hand it's kinda sad. But on the other hand, literally 99% of players have agents. Every big name QB as far as I know (Brisset is not a top QB). Just do the simple, right, easy, popular thing.

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

From the sounds of it, it's him and his mom coming up out of a rough situation, without the proper background education on these matters. And the usual swarm of circling yes-men trying to get in to get a piece of his pie.

My Chronic Poverty Brain comment isn't really a joke.

Again, on one hand it's kinda sad. But on the other hand, literally 99% of players have agents. Every big name QB as far as I know (Brisset is not a top QB). Just do the simple, right, easy, popular thing.

I think he is just being a great son and rewarding his mom. She seems like a sweet lady but absolutely no experience in any sort of contract negotiation. For sure there are some dirtbags in the shadows badly advising him.

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

I think he is just being a great son and rewarding his mom. She seems like a sweet lady but absolutely no experience in any sort of contract negotiation. For sure there are some dirtbags in the shadows badly advising him.

That is absolutely possible, even in my description of the situation. I dont think there is anything he is doing that comes from a place of "evil" or bad intentions. It's just he and his mom dont know any better, and arent trusting any of the people out there to trust. You telling me Drew Rosenhaus wouldnt take him on? Like, dude, call literally the biggest, most trusted names in the industry. They'd love to take care of you. And would probably do it for only 1%.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Kinda sad.

20 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

The following guys got 15s Dan Marino, Donovan McNabb, Jim Kelly & Terry Bradshaw. 

Is 2 points lower really that bad?  

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The following guys got 15s Dan Marino, Donovan McNabb, Jim Kelly & Terry Bradshaw. 

Is 2 points lower really that bad?  

I dont think anyone has ever argued that the guys listed there are Rhodes Scholars. But theyre apparently smart enough to hire agents. And some very good agents at that!

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That is absolutely possible, even in my description of the situation. I dont think there is anything he is doing that comes from a place of "evil" or bad intentions. It's just he and his mom dont know any better, and arent trusting any of the people out there to trust. You telling me Drew Rosenhaus wouldnt take him on? Like, dude, call literally the biggest, most trusted names in the industry. They'd love to take care of you. And would probably do it for only 1%.

Yeah I agree. Lamar doesn’t understand he is dealing with some of the biggest sharks in business in America. This whole situation shows his ignorance… I still believe there are people in the shadows misadvising him. 

23 minutes ago, wppete said:

Yeah I agree. Lamar doesn’t understand he is dealing with some of the biggest sharks in business in America. This whole situation shows his ignorance… I still believe there are people in the shadows misadvising him. 

We KNOW there are. At least one is named Ken Francis.

While we're on this topic, I suggest everyone google the name "Saint Omni". Interesting stuff regarding Roquan Smith "representing himself".

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Kinda sad.

2 less than dan Marino & Jim Kelly!!!

I hate agents. Have no real talent except leeching off more talent people. But it might be time for Lamar bite the bullet. Still think he is getting a huge contract but maybe not with the guarantee money he wants.

10 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

This guy has way overplayed his hand.  At this point, any GM h as to have real concerns about this guys decision making and team character.

Th "team" thing confuses me the most in all of this.

The Ravens took a chance on Lamar when a lot of the league didn't believe in him and traded up to draft him with a SB winning,

high dollar QB, on the roster.

They made Lamar the starter and designed a team around him to succeed.  Then they gave him an extremely good offer at the start

of his 4th season.  I can only look at life through my own eyes, but I would have shown my "loyalty" to the team and signed it.

The Baltimore ownership and management have to feel a lot of regret where they find themselves now.  I wonder if Lamar even considers that?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Th "team" thing confuses me the most in all of this.

The Ravens took a chance on Lamar when a lot of the league didn't believe in him and traded up to draft him with a SB winning,

high dollar QB, on the roster.

They made Lamar the starter and designed a team around him to succeed.  Then they gave him an extremely good offer at the start

of his 4th season.  I can only look at life through my own eyes, but I would have shown my "loyalty" to the team and signed it.

The Baltimore ownership and management have to feel a lot of regret where they find themselves now.  I wonder if Lamar even considers that?

And offered him a fair contract but it wasn’t like Watson’s so he threw a fit then didn’t play to avoid injuries 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.