Super Stupidity

theRalph

12 hours ago, theRalph said:

The NFL gets the trophy for stupidity following SB LVII, based on the following three merits:

1. They change the field to resemble a PGA green, then paint much of it so it plays like a Water Park surface.

2. They assign Carl Cheffers as referee—who is proven to be over-officious—and, of course, he decides the outcome.

3. They treat us to a mind-numbingly dull halftime show (because they couldn't get another artist to pay the fee).

Wait…..twelve hours ago you should have been sober, right? No judgement here!

Is the party still going? Cause I just got my SkyMiles statement!   😋

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

That call was fine. The pull on the shirt prevented the play from being made.

Agree about the field.

It’s about consistency. They called zero all night. Neither OL was called for holding. We all know holding happens every play. And the Bills seem to get a fair amount, while the Chiefs almost never get called.
So all night they call no OL holding or D pi or hold. Is it an accurate call? 50/50. It’s just a lack of consistency which harms the game. By the way, not suggesting the Bills deserved to be in this game. Fair to say KC has a bit of a horseshoe or just some good fortune. Seems as if PM is the next Brady. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The only considerable problem I see is the ref. And that was such a stupid ticky tack penalty to call at such an important time in the game. Not sure it even was a penalty.

Agree.  How many of us think that if the score was totally lopsided that penalty gets flagged?  Very few I would bet.  We see it in games all the time.  

Poor call and a great way to ruin a SB.

20 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the number of Chiefs games Carl Cheffers officiated this season? For some reason it seems he's always reffing their games 

He was the ref in 3 of their games.   Buffalo and KC were tied at 3 for the teams he ref'd the most this year.

Take a look at the page below.  Pretty eye opening how many penalties he called on Buffalo vs the teams they were playing in those three games.  In the three games he ref'd for the Bills.   Here is how he called the games

Buffalo Penalties/Yrds-22/167

Opponent Penalties/Yrds- 8/54

Is it no wonder people think the NFL is scripted?

Carl Cheffers 2022

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

He was the ref in 3 of their games.   Buffalo and KC were tied at 3 for the teams he ref'd the most this year.

Take a look at the page below.  Pretty eye opening how many penalties he called on Buffalo vs the teams they were playing in those three games.  In the three games he ref'd for the Bills.   Here is how he called the games

Buffalo Penalties/Yrds-22/167

Opponent Penalties/Yrds- 8/54

Is it no wonder people think the NFL is scripted?

Carl Cheffers 2022

No.  Because some people will believe any conspiracy that makes them feel more comfortable with personal disappointment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/13/2023 at 7:49 PM, stevestojan said:

You ever sit and wonder when you’ll turn into the grumpy old man we all promise we’ll never become? 

At least your moment is time stamped. 

What's wrong with grumpy old men? I know myself that I worked hard to get to this stage of my life. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

I know I’ll get crucified for this but I enjoy football so much more during the regular season. So many games on and I know the Bills, win or lose, will be playing the next week.

21 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

What's the number for the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAbulance?

I’m not sure. I’ll have to look it up in my 1990’s phone book.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/13/2023 at 3:14 PM, nedboy7 said:

The Super Bowl is such an unpleasant sporting event on so many levels.  At least have it on Saturday eve. 

It feels weird to say this in a football forum, but I've skipped the last several super bowls, starting with PHI-NE.  

Part of it is the Bills.  Now that they're good, and I feel like they belong in the super bowl, it's too painful to watch football after they've been eliminated.  My nerves are still too raw and there's still too much "what if?" in the air.  I have nothing against the Chiefs, but I don't want to watch them hoist a championship trophy.  So when the Bills' season ends, my season ends too.

But in the particular case of the super bowl, it's just a bad sporting event, in the same way that the Olympics are bad.  There's way too much pre-game and build-up to the game itself.  It takes way too long to get through the team introductions, the coin flip, the national anthem, etc.  The commercials are stupid and over-produced.  The halftime show is stupid, and while I can ignore it, that doesn't change the fact that halftime goes on and on for this game and this game only.  The commentary is geared toward people who never watch football, so the announcers are worse than usual.  Plus the game starts too late, goes too long, and I have to work the next morning.   

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/13/2023 at 9:43 AM, theRalph said:

The NFL gets the trophy for stupidity following SB LVII, based on the following three merits:

1. They change the field to resemble a PGA green, then paint much of it so it plays like a Water Park surface.

2. They assign Carl Cheffers as referee—who is proven to be over-officious—and, of course, he decides the outcome.

3. They treat us to a mind-numbingly dull halftime show (because they couldn't get another artist to pay the fee).

What about the announcing team this year just saying i don't think they are on anyones A list just saying when you have Jim Nance & Al Micheals sitting around which may have been their choice but i think there are still better options out there .

14 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

It feels weird to say this in a football forum, but I've skipped the last several super bowls, starting with PHI-NE.  

Part of it is the Bills.  Now that they're good, and I feel like they belong in the super bowl, it's too painful to watch football after they've been eliminated.  My nerves are still too raw and there's still too much "what if?" in the air.  I have nothing against the Chiefs, but I don't want to watch them hoist a championship trophy.  So when the Bills' season ends, my season ends too.

But in the particular case of the super bowl, it's just a bad sporting event, in the same way that the Olympics are bad.  There's way too much pre-game and build-up to the game itself.  It takes way too long to get through the team introductions, the coin flip, the national anthem, etc.  The commercials are stupid and over-produced.  The halftime show is stupid, and while I can ignore it, that doesn't change the fact that halftime goes on and on for this game and this game only.  The commentary is geared toward people who never watch football, so the announcers are worse than usual.  Plus the game starts too late, goes too long, and I have to work the next morning.   

exactly.  It’s literally the only game where a bunch of non football people come over to drink all your booze and watch commercials. They should move the game to Disneyland. 

On 2/13/2023 at 8:32 PM, Thrivefourfive said:

The field. How could an NFL grass field be that bad. Every step left a two foot long divot. And the slipping. My god the slipping. I just don’t understanddddd

They say grass is safer. I've never seen players slip like that on turf. I'm surprised many of those players that slipped didn't leave on stretchers. I have no idea which surface is better. 

As to OP post. Maybe they should start calling it the Super Stupidity Bowl. 

23 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

I'm pretty sure you don't have to watch all that if you just want to watch the game...

22 hours ago, T master said:

What about the announcing team this year just saying i don't think they are on anyones A list just saying when you have Jim Nance & Al Micheals sitting around which may have been their choice but i think there are still better options out there .

Maybe because they don't work for Fox?  Just a guess. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.