Stefon Diggs - “I watched the game five times”

BillsFan619

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

What a lot of people are missing about drafting another wr is the bigger picture. We need to be drafting with the thought of we need a future #1 not just wr2. And It’s pretty clear diggs is going to ask out if we don’t get it done next year

Pretty clear? How so? You think it’s clear he wants to leave a top 2-3 QB in the league? 

45 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Mike White: 27/44 268 yards 0 TD

His career best game was actually last year against the Cincinnati Bengals :) 

Skylar Thompson: 17/45 220 yards 1 TD and 2 picks… lowest completion percentage of the season. The 3 Josh Allen turnovers helped him get the ball in numerous short fields. 

Mac Jones: 26/40 243 yards 3 TDs and 3 picks 

Two weeks prior he went 18/22 for 240 2 TDs and 0 INT against Cincinnati 😂

Seemingly having career days is just you being an absolute troll 😂

Point taken. Thanks for compiling those stats. Anecdotally, and viscerally, watching those games, it seemed those aforementioned QB's were able to move the ball with disquieting regularity. Like anyone else on this board, I express my opinions. I am not some troll on here. I've been following this football team since 1965, and like everyone else on here, I want a championship, and patience has worn thin with excuses. Cheers!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Pretty clear? How so? You think it’s clear he wants to leave a top 2-3 QB in the league? 

What do you think is really going to happen if we get bounced out again next year? He’s just going to be like oh ok guys no big deal? I will say though if he wants to go to Dallas, good luck with that stef. Dak? Lmao please

• Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I think he knows the coaches don’t have it.  

His “it’s been 3 years” response to getting over the hump is pretty telling. 

He could have said “I trust the staff to get it right or where we need to be.”

I’m not going to defend him.  I’m not going to call this disruptive either or that he’s a problem.

I am going to say this staff was finished the second that 13 seconds happened.  

Did someone say 13 seconds?

Several factors contributed to the loss

1) 13 seconds

2) they had all three time outs left

3) they had Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill

4) some Bills players and coaches were already celebrating on the sidelines like the game was over

5) they only needed a FG to tie and go to OT.

12 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

Point taken. Thanks for compiling those stats. Anecdotally, and viscerally, watching those games, it seemed those aforementioned QB's were able to move the ball with disquieting regularity. Like anyone else on this board, I express my opinions. I am not some troll on here. I've been following this football team since 1965, and like everyone else on here, I want a championship, and patience has worn thin with excuses. Cheers!

Fair enough my man. 

Go Bills! 

8 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Did someone say 13 seconds?

Several factors contributed to the loss

1) 13 seconds

2) they had all three time outs left

3) they had Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill

4) some Bills players and coaches were already celebrating on the sidelines like the game was over

5) they only needed a FG to tie and go to OT.

Tell that to the players.  

22 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t think the chiefs are better without Hill. I bet if you asked Mahomes he’s say the same thing.

They are back to the super bowl without him. They certainly haven't lost a step. You have to build an entire team for the present and the future. Moving on from Hill enabled the Chiefs to do that. The Bills don't have that luxury if they, move on from Diggs. They have way more holes and Diggs isn't returning the same value. 

My point though is that it can be done in the right situation. Chiefs were set up nicely to do so because of the return and because of the fact that they still have Kelce. If the Bills essentially had two Diggs on the roster and could trade one, create cap room for the future, while keeping the other but getting a 1st and 4 other picks in return it would be a no brainer move. 

41 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen has proven he can "spread the ball around" to.  Check out how many different receivers he completes passes to in games over the last few years.

I don't think the Bills and Allen are on the Andy Reid/Mahomes level of spreading the ball around. That makes getting rid of the Bills primary target option an issue. The only good thing would be that the Bills offense and Allen would essentially be forced to change the scheme and spread the ball around even more. Utilize Knox and the backs even more. 

34 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

What a lot of people are missing about drafting another wr is the bigger picture. We need to be drafting with the thought of we need a future #1 not just wr2. And It’s pretty clear diggs is going to ask out if we don’t get it done next year

I'd expect quite a few players to seek greener pastures if the Bills don't get it done next year. At minimum need a conference championship game appearance. Eventually things just get stale. How do you continue to find motivation at the same employer when you are going backwards? At least the early 90's teams were making it to the pinnacle of excellence every season. I could see how they could maintain the focus and mindset. There will be mass changes everywhere outside of QB in 2024 if the Bills don't at least make the AFC championship game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Diggs needs to take it down just a notch. There's a fine line between being an ultra competitor who hates losing and being toxic to your team. Airing his feelings publicly is not the right way to handle his frustrations.

Someone else on here can probably verify this but what Diggs said to Allen on the sidelines in the Bengals game was "What's your excuse now Josh?" Apparently Allen had missed that throw a couple times in practice and told Diggs he would hit it in the game, but didn't. So Diggs laid into him. Which IMO is not the right way to handle it. Try to raise your QB up, don't hit him below the belt when he's already down. I'm sure Allen and Diggs are still cool but come on man.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I'm not going to say that his attitude is anything other than someone that wants to win but at the same time, the rest of the team is/was already feeling it and adding on another emotional factor isn't what they needed.

You have no idea if that’s true. None of us are in the locker room, I’ll be on the side of one of the team leaders knowing what is needed or isn’t needed and not someone reading stupid narratives on the internet. 

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Diggs needs to take it down just a notch. There's a fine line between being an ultra competitor who hates losing and being toxic to your team. Airing his feelings publicly is not the right way to handle his frustrations.

Someone else on here can probably verify this but what Diggs said to Allen on the sidelines in the Bengals game was "What's your excuse now Josh?" Apparently Allen had missed that throw a couple times in practice and told Diggs he would hit it in the game, but didn't. So Diggs laid into him. Which IMO is not the right way to handle it. Try to raise your QB up, don't hit him below the belt when he's already down. I'm sure Allen and Diggs are still cool but come on man.

The only thing I had heard about that was Diggs was telling Josh to "not listen to him" meaning Dorsey.  

Just now, Billz4ever said:

The only thing I had heard about that was Diggs was telling Josh to "not listen to him" meaning Dorsey.  

Somebody made that up. The mic'd up audio that we usually see after games caught what Diggs said, but of course the Bills will never release that audio. I have it on good authority he said "What is your excuse now Josh?"

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Any talk of trading diggs is ludicrous

I agree with you to an extent—I think KC has shown by way of Hill to Miami that it is possible to take a King’s ransom for a great player and help create a deeper, talented roster in return. Not saying I’m advocating trading him by any means however! 

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I agree with you to an extent—I think KC has shown by way of Hill to Miami that it is possible to take a King’s ransom for a great player and help create a deeper, talented roster in return. Not saying I’m advocating trading him by any means however! 

Kansas City also showed us the way to actually improve the roster, and that is to address the past protection, and run blocking

Do that and this team looks a whole lot better

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Diggs watched it five times, looking for ways to improve.  Many here probably did the same.

What concerns me are those who watched expecting a different outcome.

My Jan 1993 self says hello and thinks this time my VHS copy of SB XXVII will end with Dallas epically collapsing in the 4th quarter…🥴

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.