How does the majority of the Mafia feel 2022?

Flipnmi

How does the majority of the Mafia feel about 2022?   

81 members have voted

1. 1. I'm as disappointed as most of you about how the 2022 season ended, but I don't have the anger that seems to dominate this forum since the loss to Cincinnati. So I'm curious if this is because those who are really angry are posting far more than others or are most people far more angry than I am. Which of the following best describes how you feel?

• So pissed off sometimes I can't see straight.
    • Sick & tired of the same old, same old and demand some real change!
    • Pretty disappointed in the end of season collapse and think some tweaks are necessary for 2023, but not major change.
    • Not shocked given all that went down this year. I saw it coming based on the games after Thanksgiving, but was still hopeful they could turn it on in the playoffs
    • I still have full confidence in the entire organization given how far we've come since 2017. They still deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Yes disappointed but when Von went down I felt the team just couldn't stay motivated. Especially with the ridiculous crazy year it was. After waiting 17+ years to finally find a savior qb, we still have organizational issues. With a good draft & FA and less drama we should be able to reset. But the schedule is brutal. 

• Like (+1) 1

Disappointed.  Needs some tweaking.

Wary of OBD doubling down on flawed strategy out of allegiance to "process" and colleagues.  "This is the way we've always done it" is the title of many tales of organizational failure.

Instead of hiring friends, they need to hire the "arsonist" to pressure test their thought process and strategy.  I would relish the Bills temporarily hiring a defensive coordinator that isn't friends with, or worked with anyone at OBD, and give them a hammer and let them contest every line of the Bills defensive situational strategy this offseason.  

I do not think the combo of Frazier and Dorsey are the right people to man those positions.  That is the main significant change I wish would have happened, but neither looks like it will happen.  Running it back with those guys makes this the first offseason in the McD/Beane/Allen era where I am concerned about the next season.  

Frazier - I already made my case as to what I am fed up with about him in the other thread I started.  So won't repeat that all here.

Dorsey - He gets somewhat of a pass given he is a first year OC.  But there is kind of the rub...why are we risking Josh Allens prime and our best SB chances in 20+ years on an inexperienced OC?  My biggest gripe about the job he did was he seemed clueless on the style of offense to run based on the roster pieces in place.  

• We only had 2 legit WR's in Diggs and Davis, and like 37 slot WR's on this team...but yet our passing offense was focused heavily on pushing the ball down field.  
  • We draft Cook specifically to be a pass catching RB, then we barely use him in that capacity.  Then we often run draws with Cook in the run game despite the fact he goes down if someone farts near him.  He is talented player who excels in space...so we are running him up the middle?  
  • And he completely left Knox out of the game plan the first half of the year in terms of the passing attack, which was clearly a mistake given how valuable of a TD machine he showed once they started using him more.  
  • Don't even get me started on his redzone play calling or his situational awareness which was pretty bad most the time.  

BUT, at least there is hope Dorsey can tighten things up and improve given it was just his first year, and there were some good things he did too.  Frazier though...how can anyone expect anything different from him when year after year his defense gets embarrassed in the playoffs?  Which is why I have made a much stronger case that we need to go in a different direction at DC given Frazier's contract is up.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, T&C said:

"Mafia" is pretty dumb... we're better off as fans. Mafia, lol.......

Bills fan mob would be more appropriate.  Grabbing for pitchforks and torches after groups of people show up at airport supporting them after losses.

Talkiatry™ should be official sponsor of Bills Mafia.

I am surprised that pushers are not in parking lot selling drugs to treat bipolar disorder.

Some fight the extreme highs of mania and others treat the lows of depression. 

Bills Mafia appears to get both at once.

Bills-Mob.png

• Disagree 1

I know I didn't do a great job setting up this poll, but it was my first shot at one.  The next one will be better!  That said, the limited results so far make me feel a bit better knowing that not all Bills fans have not lost their minds and that I'm not alone in looking forward to the seasons to come.

I voted option 2 … wanting some real change. 

For me, that constitutes two things I doubt will happen:

-Let Frazier go

-Trade Ed Oliver 

We need new blood leading this defense, if for nothing else, a coordinator that is playoff capable. 

Ed Oliver is likely not in our future plans. He’s eating 11.5M in cap space.  He’s good enough that someone will give us a pick for him .. Day 2 pick?.. eh, I don’t know.. Day 3 pick?.. fine by me, just get his cap hit off the team so we can spend it on offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

I had this feeling going into the Bengals game that the team was going to fall flat. I hated being right. Just one week before the Bengals a large number of us felt that McDermott was coach of the year just to get us to that point through all of the diversity. I still feel he deserved being nominated and does not deserve all of the bashing that some fans are sending in his and his staff’s direction. 

I'm confident.  I think McBeane have done a great job together and still have their best days ahead.  

It was a crazy year where a lot of things didn't go our way and we still won the division.  

Take away just a few injuries and critical turnovers from the equation, and the Bills could have been 1st seed and in the Superbowl.  

I want to see some investment in the offensive line in particular this offseason.  

• Like (+1) 1

Sick & tired of the same old, same old and demand some real change.

Dorsey is going to run Josh Allen into the ground.

Frazier isn't getting it done when it absolutely counts.

McDermott isn't making the changes necessary to fix either one and it is distressing. I don't see much hope in 2023 with both being retained unless he steps in and forces a better approach. Not holding my breath.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.