The Unusual Suspect

H2o

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Last week Beasley came out of nowhere to have a really solid game, making some big catches and scoring a TD. Who is your unusual suspect that comes out of the shadows to make an impact on Sunday? I'm gonna pull one out of the hat and say Reggie Gilliam has himself a game this week. I'm guessing 3 catches for around 30 yards with a TD, also opening up some nice lanes for Cook and Motor. 

John Brown

4 hours ago, H2o said:

Last week Beasley came out of nowhere to have a really solid game, making some big catches and scoring a TD. Who is your unusual suspect that comes out of the shadows to make an impact on Sunday? I'm gonna pull one out of the hat and say Reggie Gilliam has himself a game this week. I'm guessing 3 catches for around 30 yards with a TD, also opening up some nice lanes for Cook and Motor. 

Been saying the last 4-5 weeks…. Why doesn’t Gilliam get a couple targets each game???

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, H2o said:

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

I think beasley will have another good game. Think it's taken him some time to get back into the swing of things, but think he has some big 3rd downs this week

Wow, I guess this is one of those "eye of the beholder" things. 

Beasley had an INT bounce off his numbers in a play that some here think "any NFL WR should be able to catch"; I dunno about catch, because I see him as being held pretty hard, but he was in a position to bat the ball down or OOB if he couldn't catch it and prevent the pick.

He had 2 receptions on 5 targets, a catch rate we have pilloried other WR for, in addition to the INT that bounced off him (which we have also pilloried other WR for).   Beautiful that he had that TD catch, truly clutch.  But how do the Bills assess the other 3 targets/the INT?  If everyone is healthy, will his snaps stay where they are?

Getting back to your question, I think Gilliam and Morris could both have big games, but I'd like to think Shakir is poised to break out.

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Beasley had an INT bounce off his numbers in a play that some here think "any NFL WR should be able to catch"; I dunno about catch, because I see him as being held pretty hard, but he was in a position to bat the ball down or OOB if he couldn't catch it and prevent the pick.

Love what he's done for the Bills in past seasons when he's on, but this was an all too familiar sight with him IMO. He's done this a number of times in seasons past. It's almost as though the ball gets on him too quickly at times and his reaction is to bat it up in the air.

20 minutes ago, transient said:

Love what he's done for the Bills in past seasons when he's on, but this was an all too familiar sight with him IMO. He's done this a number of times in seasons past. It's almost as though the ball gets on him too quickly at times and his reaction is to bat it up in the air.

I don't think he batted the ball into the air on that pick.  He was trying to body catch it and his L arm was held down then the DB got a hand in to bat it up. 

The main concern I have with Beasley is that while his footwork and moves are exquisite, he still seems very slow.  I think a couple catches were missed because he wasn't where Josh expected him to be in the route at the point the ball got there.  That's timing that could be adjusted, of course, but that takes reps and of course, being slower means the D has more time to adjust.

Edited by Beck Water

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I am really surprised the management potential and skills I hear he's shown.  And two months ago he was only the afternoon tire changer.

It's outlasting a battle of attrition really--with all the turnover they've had with folks only wanting to work from home for management positions, it kinda was a problem that took care of itself! 

6 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I think the only way McKenzie sees any burn is in gadget situations. With Beasley back, I think the slot is his for the rest of the playoffs. 

McKenzie who at worst is a good gadget player has only had 9 carries this year.

Complete misuse of his skill set in my opinion.

1 minute ago, iccrewman112 said:

McKenzie who at worst is a good gadget player has only had 9 carries this year.

Complete misuse of his skill set in my opinion.

That’s kinda the point i was making.  He was forced into the slot after they let Beasley walk and crowder got hurt. Now…Beasley is back because McKenzie was struggling and now he can do what suits him best. 

6 hours ago, H2o said:

Boogie Basham

• Agree 1

Maybe not the two headed monster yet, but I could do with the two headed annoyance of The Beas-Shak.

Glitter in the logo

Glitter in the redzone

Glitter in Buffalo

Glitter in the endzone

The Beas-Shak is a little ole duo who can               get          to            ge-e-ether!

I'll leave now.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.