We’re heading to England next season

Chandler#81

7 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

never been to Europe.  2 week vacation and a Bills game sounds like a nice personal goal for this year to me!

Go for it! You won’t regret it. I’d never gone either, but discovered that it’s way cheaper than you think. My recommendation is start with a week, go to London, and then take the bullet train over and back to Paris for a couple of days. You don’t need a car in either city as both have a wonderfully efficient subway system (the Tube and Metro). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, papazoid said:

across the pond, they call that a "howler"......

gotta learn the lingo, here's a few:

field = pitch

standings = table

schedule = fixtures

final score = results

cleats = boots

shut out = clean sheet

prevent defense = park the bus

1 personal foul = yellow card

2 personal foul = red card

fired = sacked

pants = underwear 
(this one got me in a bit of trouble when I was over there, don't ask) 

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Go for it! You won’t regret it. I’d never gone either, but discovered that it’s way cheaper than you think. My recommendation is start with a week, go to London, and then take the bullet train over and back to Paris for a couple of days. You don’t need a car in either city as both have a wonderfully efficient subway system (the Tube and Metro). 

Yes!  The ease of getting around makes it convenient for sure.  England, Paris, one or more stops in Germany and of course Amsterdam would just be something Id probably remember forever!  Add in celebrating a Bills win with some foreign fans and this Wanker will have the time of his life!   

3 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

It won’t be pats or jags since they will be playing international as well. If they do non div game down to the top 3 on the list

Home 

Las Vegas Raiders

Dallas Cowboys

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Denver Broncos - last yr

New York Giants - last yr

Jacksonville Jaguars - doubt

Miami Dolphins - div

New England Patriots - doubt 

New York Jets - div 

This sounds reasonable.  I doubt they would play divisonal opponents against each other in a neutral site, although I do like the sounds of "Squish the Fish and Chips!"

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Realist said:

Most likely:

Dolphins

Jets

Raiders

Cowboys

I doubt it will be Dolphins after all three close games this year. Bills wouldn't want to lose home field against them.

Cowboys also, that's actually a possible Superbowl matchup and would be a great opening night if Buffalo wins. Even still, they are a great draw for the home team, Pegulas wouldn't want to lose that.

My guess is the Raiders, could definitely see that happening.

Unless I'm off on counting, of 31 England games, only four have been between divisional rivals, and none of them were considered to be in serious contention for a championship the year prior to their having been selected.  I think we'll be OK in not yielding a divisional home game assuming history stands as the guide.  Either way, not really all that worried about playing NE, the Nyets, or the Fish in London.  

The good news for STHs is that they won't have to pay for one game, it'll be like "the good ole days."  LOL  

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

never been to Europe.  2 week vacation and a Bills game sounds like a nice personal goal for this year to me!

Yeah, def make a trip to Europe at some point - just a whole different set of cultures from country to country!  And a Bills game is as good an excuse as any other. :beer:   

I've never been to London, so this one is on my radar, though probably only if I can link it together w my annual Italy trip which is typically in September.  This would really solve the problem of "where do I watch the Bills while on a Euro vacation?" 🤣 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

It’s business. I’m not a fan of it obviously, but I understand. We HAD the most exciting player in the league. 

Fixed it for you.  The Bills' indentured servitude / hero worship of Christian Wade has officially ended.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Yeah, def make a trip to Europe at some point - just a whole different set of cultures from country to country!  And a Bills game is as good an excuse as any other. :beer:   

I've never been to London, so this one is on my radar, though probably only if I can link it together w my annual Italy trip which is typically in September.  This would really solve the problem of "where do I watch the Bills while on a Euro vacation?" 🤣 

Thank you I completely agree.  There its as easy to go from country to country as it is here to go from State to State.  And as a fan of history and someone who is interested in different cultures from our own, its always been just one of those bucket list items I never put action on.   

The bills game will just add to  how special it will be for me personally.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... When the weather is nicER in BFLo... This really sucks. 

If they will do it... Make it late, but that's a playoff push.

😔

Nov 21st was the last international game and that was in Mexico City. Nov 13th was the Germany game.  I doubt they play overseas after Thanksgiving.  The game will probably be played in Nov. My guess is  it will  be the Bills Patriots "home" game and then we will play the Pats in New England the final week of the season.

Strike that - New England gets to host a game in Europe too.  

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.