We’re heading to England next season

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

The new Everton stadium isn’t going to be large enough? The renderings look awesome! 

Only gonna be around 52k I think. By the time you take the seats out not sure you are fitting more than 45k in there for an NFL game. You also have to believe it will get completed.

Everton are owned through a series of shell companies by an oligarch who has his puppet installed as nominal majority owner. The oligarch's assets have been frozen, the club is a mess and relegation looms. It is a crying shame because I have a lot of respect for Everton and Goodison Park while totally dilapidated is my favourite football ground in the country. When you are there and they are playing well and surging forward the atmosphere is fantastic and the whole place shakes. But they are in a really bad way.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Do the Pegula's get fairly compensated for losing a home game ?

it’s a  home game for them.  They keep  60% of the gate.

every  team will plays an international game—why are people pretending this is a sudden unfair occurrence for the Bills?

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is a question of where though. Needs at least 60k capacity by the time you have taken seats out for the beches etc. That is without two big locker rooms and other facilities. The only one big enough in the north is Old Trafford and it is a ***** tip right now. Maybe when United have done the rennovation that becomes an option but that is at least 4 or 5 years away. 

Well that sucks. I thought Anfield or the Etihad would be up for it. That and Liverpool/Manchester are much more friendly on the wallet than the city.

I'd love to pay for a pint with a tenner and get bills back in change. Hope springs eternal. 

Edited by Coffeesforclosers
  • Haha (+1) 1

At the very least with the added game now the Bills fans won't actually miss out on a home game or it will seem that way IMHO i wish they would just keep all NFL games in the states let them watch their brand of "Football" that they think is so great .

8 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Well that sucks. I thought Anfield or the Etihad would be up for it. That and Liverpool/Manchester are much more friendly on the wallet than the city.

I'd love to pay for a pint with a tenner and get bills back in change. Hope springs eternal. 

Anfield would struggle for facilities and dressing room space. The away dressing room is a cupboard from what I saw on Arsenal All or Nothing.

Etihad is 52k as well. Wonder at some point if City expand. Issue is at the moment not sure the fanbase justifies it.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

it’s a  home game for them.  They keep  60% of the gate.

every  team will plays an international game—why are people pretending this is a sudden unfair occurrence for the Bills?

Will the gate be higher or lower than the Ralph ? ... What about parking and concessions ?

Then there's the chartering a plane across the big pond and back ... Other expenses such as lodging, food etc.. for players, coaches, other staff.

Plus the disadvantage of only playing 8 "home games" (same with the other overseas teams) against 9 for the rest of the AFC... Why aren't the games scheduled as an away game for all teams playing overseas ?

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

Will the gate be higher or lower than the Ralph ? ... What about parking and concessions ?

Then there's the chartering a plane across the big pond and back ... Other expenses such as lodging, food etc.. for players, coaches, other staff.

Plus the disadvantage of only playing 8 "home games" (same with the other overseas teams) against 9 for the rest of the AFC... Why aren't the games scheduled as an away game for all teams playing overseas ?

Not trying be ‘that guy’ but I honestly don’t understand what all this concern is about. The Bills, just like every other team, will play an intentional game about once or twice a decade. They aren’t being disadvantaged in any way and all of the Owners have agreed to making this investment in the sport’s international appeal. There’s literally nothing to see here. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not trying be ‘that guy’ but I honestly don’t understand what all this concern is about. The Bills, just like every other team, will play an intentional game about once or twice a decade. They aren’t being disadvantaged in any way and all of the Owners have agreed to making this investment in the sport’s international appeal. There’s literally nothing to see here. 

Do you own stock in the NFL or something?  Or that's right, it's privately owned by billionaires, not named SoCal Deek.

The only reason to have these games is for them to "Grow the game" which means make more money than they already do.  In the process, we lose a game we can easily see, the team is greatly disadvantaged with the travel, time zone change, and interference in their regimented weekly preparation for games, and it's all so a bunch of American tourists and ex-pats living in England, plus about 4,000 curious Brits, can watch a football game.

It sucks!  

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

My complaint isn't about playing overseas, it's about losing a home game.

Having fewer home games is a disadvantage

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Do you own stock in the NFL or something?  Or that's right, it's privately owned by billionaires, not named SoCal Deek.

The only reason to have these games is for them to "Grow the game" which means make more money than they already do.  In the process, we lose a game we can easily see, the team is greatly disadvantaged with the travel, time zone change, and interference in their regimented weekly preparation for games, and it's all so a bunch of American tourists and ex-pats living in England, plus about 4,000 curious Brits, can watch a football game.

It sucks!  

Yikes! I’m not sure what you think the Buffalo Bills are, but in reality they’re a private company that you (and I) are big fans of. Just like a clothing line, restaurant, or anything else we frequent and follow. They are not a community service nor a public library.

My humble and polite suggestion is for you to embrace this. Have fun with it. My wife and I made the trip to London last time and it was nothing short of AWESOME! I’ve been to two Super Bowls and the London experience was the closest thing I’ve come to it…and way, way, cheaper. 

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

The Bills, in their entire history, have had a single 9 home game season (2021).  No it's a tragedy that they will lose one next year?  No.  Disadvantage?  In 2021, half of their losses came at home--even with the extra game. 

Anyway, international games have existed for some time now.  I missed your posts of all those other teams losing a home game, paying for a plane etc. Or is this a new concern for you?  5 AFC teams will play overseas next season.

Schedule all games as away games for all teams?  Well....it would have to be a home game for the team that's not the away team. 

54 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It sucks!  

why does it suck?  Who's we?  You can simply turn on your TV and watch it as always. If it sucks don't watch.  

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

In terms of the Gate, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it wasn't higher in London. Ticket prices aren't cheap. Lowest price tickets last year, were £64, atm = $79

Highest priced tickets were £146, or atm, $180

Those prices do not include boxes, they are just regular prices for seats.

Because The Ralph holds more, iirc about 72,000 there might not be much in it.

The prices are from a game at Tottenham, from this season past.

The capacity is about 62,500 - but may be slightly different for NFL games.

My guess is that the Bills will be playing there rather than Wembley, but the numbers will be different if it's Wembley.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buddo said:

In terms of the Gate, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it wasn't higher in London. Ticket prices aren't cheap. Lowest price tickets last year, were £64, atm = $79

Highest priced tickets were £146, or atm, $180

Those prices do not include boxes, they are just regular prices for seats.

Because The Ralph holds more, iirc about 72,000 there might not be much in it.

The prices are from a game at Tottenham, from this season past.

The capacity is about 62,500 - but may be slightly different for NFL games.

My guess is that the Bills will be playing there rather than Wembley, but the numbers will be different if it's Wembley.

It was part of the announcement the Bills would be at Tottenham.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, for those that may be going, there may be a new process in place for entering the UK...

Here's what to know about the United Kingdom's new travel fee (usatoday.com)

U.S. citizens will soon have to apply for permission before their United Kingdom trips and pay a small fee to enter as part of the country's upcoming Electronic Travel Authorization scheme. The ETA scheme is meant to secure the U.K.'s borders by giving them more accurate data on who is passing through, according to a U.K. official for the British Consulate General. The move is part of the U.K.'s plan to fully digitize its borders by 2025. 

The scheme is set to be fully implemented by the end of 2023, the "permission to travel" requirement will apply to travelers visiting or transiting the U.K. without a visa or special immigration status – including visa-free nationalities like the United States. However, being granted permission to travel through the ETA is not a regular visa.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.