What gets fixed this post season - Offensively and Defensely

Thrivefourfive

By all means, add your own issues.

Which of these things get fixed during these playoffs? Very unrealistic they answer all of them. These are issues of coaching and players. I see players making as many mistakes as coaches, whether talent or mental.

• Allen getting the ball out, hitting more timing routes with receivers slanting/moving on reception

• Offensive line gives Allen more time to load up and comfortably complete 25+ darts

• More screen throws to RB and Knox

• More schemed runs instead of up the middle into a pile

• Tighter coverage in secondary

• No over the top plays like Miami should’ve completed multiple times

• Edmunds playing pro bowl ball

• Defensive front getting home and collapsing pocket

• Blitzing

Which issues can realistically be addressed this week in practice,,/!: going forward after a win?

Most of these items are related to offensive playing calling. Is Dorsey struggling some, likely yes.  Assuming we don't win the SB Is it enough to go in another direction and fire him or do they give him another year.  Was listening this morning on Sirius NFL radio and they were talking about Staley in LA.  Do they give him another year based on all his mistakes or look at it as he's still young and learning and keep him.  Same could be said about Bills WRT Dorsey.

Daboll struggled a fair amount too in earlier year and got better.  Difference is the entire team wasn't ready to compete for SB so team could put up with learning curve.  Now the team is more "on the clock" to win now.

Overall though Allen seems to have regressed, though not sure either Int today was really his fault.   But there were other passes that were off quite a bit.  Seems like when he throws it 20 yards it's spot on, but 5 to 10 yard passes are all over the place.

I would honestly say no one is safe on the o-line . Today was atrocious. Both Brown and Dawkins were getting beat all game. But how much can we give a fair assessment with the play calling. Every passing play is a long developing play no quick outs or curls just deep crosses and go routes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Drafting and FA aren’t coming during these playoffs. Where’s are heads ladies and gentlemen? We need to fix things this week, and beyond into these playoffs. What can be fixed? If it’s just one of those issues, we’re in big trouble.

I’m hoping it’s more run schemes, and more timing routes. The deep ball is there — It’s not a weakness unless it’s overused.

Defensively, I’ll take getting to the QB. I don’t think our DBs can stick long enough without pressure. 

Love the game management/timeout improvements — that’s a must have!

Edited by Thrivefourfive

Start passing to the RBs.  Or have they been staying in to pass protect because the OL is so porous?  Zero targets to Cook or motor today.  In the first meeting, iirc, motor had 9 catches or targets.  Now zero targets.  Let’s hope Dorsey improves this post season 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Overall though Allen seems to have regressed, though not sure either Int today was really his fault.   But there were other passes that were off quite a bit.  Seems like when he throws it 20 yards it's spot on, but 5 to 10 yard passes are all over the place.

Today, Josh almost never had a clean pocket. When he has his feet set, his throws are rarely off. When he has to dance around and worry in the pocket obviously that leads to bad passes. I know the Bills have numerous holes for next year but I think if they could vastly improve the O line, we would see Josh’s and the offense’s success rate rise greatly. Even the receivers would seem more effective with better protection for Josh as he would deliver more accurate passes consistently. 

• Like (+1) 1

1. OL

2. WR
3. Power RB
4. TE depth

I want to see a much better run game so it's not all on Josh all the time. A team with an elite QB and elite RB is a nightmare for opposing defenses. They can win in any climate. They can sit on leads or come from behind. They can also endure injuries better.
If the Raiders were dumb enough to let Jacobs go, I'd LOVE to see him in Bills blue in 2023.

We need a tougher OL and a breakaway threat like CMC.

Sadly, it looks like the 49'ers with a rookie QB are the team to beat. McCaffrey and Deebo just take over games with average QB play and their defense is savage. I really wish the Bills would step it up, but they just look a step behind the elite right now. 

Edited by TampaBillsJunkie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.