Season end, how good are the Bills really?

Comebackkid

Ive been thinking about this for a while now.   How good are the Bills this year??

Early when they were saying that we had like the 5th hardest strength of schedule we seemed kind of good compared to last year. 

If you look at how our schedule played out now im questioning that.

teams the bills have beat.

Rams....Record 5-12

Titans..  Record 7-10

Ravens Record 10-7  won by 3 pts

Steelers Record 9-8

Chiefs Record 14-3 good win 

Packers Record 8-9

Browns Record 7-10

Lions Record 9-8 won by 3 pts

Pats Record 8-9 won twice.   

Jets Record 7-10 only scored 20 pts 

Dolphins 9-8 won by 3 gave up 29 pts

Bears Record 3-14  good win but not saying much

Only the Chiefs have a dominant record follows by Ravens probably would have had Lamar not gotten injured.

Both good wins before the bye.

Losses

*Dolphins...  heat and injuries killed the Bills but again Dolphins finished 9-8

Jets Not much to say here... yuk

Vikings Record 13-4   Should have won this game but Bills mental issues came back to haunt them..   *Vikings lucky af this season.

This year has been a very wierd season.   Injuries early on.   New OC, horrible weather games and Damar near death.  

The Bills have fought tooth and nail this season to hold on after the first couple games.   They have done this while looking sloppy and poorly coached at times.

So whats your guys opinion?   are the Bills good this year?   

My opinion is they are not as good as we thought they were and i think that all the above reasons are to blame.   Between injuries and weather, along with Dorsey 

being a rookie, I think this has compromised thier abilty to train and focus.   

After today Ive got my fingers crossed and throwing salt over my shoulder.   

Two more games guys.   Bills need their mojo back. 

Go Bills 

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Ive been thinking about this for a while now.   How good are the Bills this year??

Early when they were saying that we had like the 5th hardest strength of schedule we seemed kind of good compared to last year. 

Rams....Record 5-12

Titans..  Record 7-10

Steelers Record 9-8

Packers Record 8-9

Browns Record 7-10

Only the Chiefs have a dominant record follows by Ravens probably would have had Lamar not gotten injured.

Losses

*Dolphins...  heat and injuries killed the Bills but again Dolphins finished 9-8

Vikings Record 13-4   Should have won this game but Bills mental issues came back to haunt them..   *Vikings lucky af this season.

This year has been a very wierd season.   Injuries early on.   New OC, horrible weather games and Damar near death.  

The Bills have fought tooth and nail this season to hold on after the first couple games.   They have done this while looking sloppy and poorly coached at times.

My opinion is they are not as good as we thought they were and i think that all the above reasons are to blame.   Between injuries and weather, along with Dorsey 

Go Bills 

agree.  but we need 3, not 2 more wins.  

• Agree 2

We are a good team.  Our point differential and W/L record tells us that.

But what we have seen for much of the year is a good team rough around the edges.  Sloppy play, mistakes, poor execution, poor coaching, poor in-game tactical decisions...it's the finer points.  But those are what should defeat you against a top opponent on its game.

Starting right now, our path should be something like:

Cincinnati, KC, and Eagles or 49ers.

The way we have played is likely not going to be good enough to beat any of those, let alone all 3.

That's what's hard to take in a game like this, even with the win.

This isn't the old Bills where we are just happy to be here and hope for the best.

This team has been of the best, if not THE best, team in the NFL the last 3 seasons...and we have set our sights on a SB win.

So yeah that's lofty expectations, but with it comes lofty needs and demands! 

Gotta be better! 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We’re not a championship team due to the lack of front 4 pass rush. 

We’re one of the best teams analytically which takes opponent into account. We deserve the hype but the loss of Von Miller is crushing.

Totally disagree with that.  Totally.

This game today was about so much more "wrong" than Von being out.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

They are not as good as last year.  Josh is not playing as well, and to me a lot of that is because we miss Daboll.  

couldnt agree with you more. I’m always surprised when non-fans speak on how dominant we are and how were Super Bowl favorites. We benefited from an average schedule and some fortunate calls. But we haven’t been a world beater since about midway through the year. 

We have however got the close game monkey off our backs. That should hold well for this playoff run

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

14 wins against NFL teams is excellent.  Josh was not good today.

They gave up 230 yards today.  Not too bad!

That team should not have been able to move the ball on us with that QB. Also they dropped 2 or 3 big plays. Not good. Fraizer sucks. Just sitting around hoping the offense bails them out. Score 34 and ppl complaining about the offense every week. What are we doing here? Either way, on to the next. Fix the defense and let’s keep moving on. Go Bills!

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Rams....Record 5-12

Titans..  Record 7-10

Steelers Record 9-8

Packers Record 8-9

Browns Record 7-10

Losses

Go Bills 

Good enough they can play their C+ game and probably beat 25ish teams playing their best game.

The most in the NFL, IMO

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

They are not as good as last year.  Josh is not playing as well, and to me a lot of that is because we miss Daboll.  

Um no.  Josh turnovers in the Red Zone is legit the only difference and those were bound to happen.  

Expectations contributed to how the OP feels - that we should beat everyone by 20 and Gabe Davis was supposed to have 15 TDS and 1200 yards.  

And that schedule confirms how tough we had it.  You don’t play the Eagles Chiefs and Bengals every week.   

Should have beat Minnesota.  

• Like (+1) 1

The worst thing to happen to this team was blowing the doors off of the Rams and Titans. People think we should do that every week, which is not sustainable. We've won like 8 in a row, I'm good with where we're at, I think another year of Dorsey and we'll clean up the little mistakes. Go bills

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.