Season end, how good are the Bills really?

Comebackkid

5 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

I’d agree with your point. As a counter point I’d ask you to consider what team could have won if they had 2 picks, 3 fumbles, a muffed punt, and gave up a 50 yard punt return? There is maybe one team (KC) that could on your list outside of Buffalo. 

The Bills won a game where all previous teams had failed. This should give us a sigh of relief and also a tremendous amount of confidence going forward. 

I'm confident they can win out, but they have to play near mistake free ball. Josh can't turn it over 2-3 times and expect the D will bail them out. 

53 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

I'm confident they can win out, but they have to play near mistake free ball. Josh can't turn it over 2-3 times and expect the D will bail them out. 

I’m of the opinion that our offense is so dynamic with Allen that they can afford to turn the ball over 1-2 times per game against anyone and still be in the game. Factor in the Bills defense and ability to generate turnovers and it comes down to Red Zone efficiency. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/15/2023 at 5:00 PM, BillsFan130 said:

Bengals D is better all around than the Fins.

Dolphins have a good front 4, but their linebackers and banged up secondary are a mess. (31st against the pass)

You like Apple crisp? Other than Wilson linebackers are nothing spectacular either. 2 above average D lineman. Miami has a pretty good D, yeah they were hurt and they still made plays yesterday, Bills D done the same most of the season. 

5 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

You like Apple crisp? Other than Wilson linebackers are nothing spectacular either. 2 above average D lineman. Miami has a pretty good D, yeah they were hurt and they still made plays yesterday, Bills D done the same most of the season. 

DJ reader , Hendrickson and Hubbard are only “above average to you”?

Maybe Hubbard falls under that category, but Hendrickson and DJ reader are absolute animals and are way above average. BJ hill is also a solid player

Miami had the 31st ranked pass D while missing key starters. Their DC may be fired because the unit played poorly basically all year long

6 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Maybe Hubbard falls under that category, but Hendrickson and DJ reader are absolute animals and are way above average. BJ hill is also a solid player

Miami had the 31st ranked pass D while missing key starters. Their DC may be fired because the unit played poorly basically all year long

Yeh and Tyler Huntley who of course is in a class above Josh Allen marched up and down the field on the vaunted Bengals D…I hope our mediocre QB can at least hold his own and not embarrass the franchise since I know he’s not Tyler. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yeh and Tyler Huntley who of course is in a class above Josh Allen marched up and down the field on the vaunted Bengals D…I hope our mediocre QB can at least hold his own and not embarrass the franchise since I know he’s not Tyler. 

I never once said they are vaunted.

My point was They are inarguably better than Miami’s defence. Literally every single category (turnovers, yards, points, pass defence) except for rush defence.

Never once said the bills can’t shred them , I was literally just stating that they have a better d than Miami….

Edited by BillsFan130

26 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Philips Wilkins and Chubb are ???  

Miami’s secondary is better.  

26 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

The Bengals are a better coached defense.  

Of this I have no doubt.  

Talent wise the Dolphins D is much better then the Bengals.

But one of the most underachieving units in recent memory.  

Branden Staley will be their DC in a few weeks.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Philips Wilkins and Chubb are ???  

Miami’s secondary is better.  

The Bengals are a better coached defense.  

Of this I have no doubt.  

Talent wise the Dolphins D is much better then the Bengals.

But one of the most underachieving units in recent memory.  

Branden Staley will be their DC in a few weeks.  

Miami has a good front 4. That’s it.

Coaching is awful, linebackers are maybe the worst in football and their secondary with their injuries are bottom 5 easily

Their defensive stats pretty much reflect that ^

Edited by BillsFan130

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Coaching is awful, linebackers are maybe the worst in football and their secondary with their injuries are bottom 5 easily

And yet where Flores was coaching then they were highly ranked, same players …often hurt as you pointed out. Coaching matters. Either way your point to brag up Bengals D being better sort of implies Buffalo going to struggle (and they may) more than the Ravens did against them. Division rivals play different, they just do. See AFC Western, NFC North and whelp who beat Buffalo 2 times this year? 
it’s apples and oranges, but bengals D is vastly overrated, at least the secondary. Personally I like the LBs and D line. 

13 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Healthy Hendrickson might make it a different story,  but I’d rather see the bengals defense than the dolphins with a healthy Xavien Howard.  Cincy doesn’t have the talent in the secondary to man us up and send the house.

Kohou and howard were playing well down the stretch…crossen isn’t very good but one mediocre corner you can gameplan around.

Wilkins/jaelan Phillips / Bradley Chubb are all great pass rushers.  Dolphins problems all season were on the back end with Xavien Howard playing well below 100% for most of the year.  

No disrespect to the bengals defense but no one on their team will play as well as jaelan Phillips did yesterday…he was absolutely everywhere. 

42 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Linebackers are the worst in football?  Lol that is an absolutely incredibly incorrect take.  

Jaelan Phillips/Bradley Chubb/Melvin Ingram? Heck even Jerome baker is pretty good.  Only average player at LB is elandon roberts.  Jaelan Phillips was the best player on the field yesterday and it wasn’t even close.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

8 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Linebackers are the worst in football?  Lol that is an absolutely incredibly incorrect take.  

Jaelan Phillips/Bradley Chubb/Melvin Ingram? Heck even Jerome baker is pretty good.  Only average player at LB is elandon roberts.  Jaelan Phillips was the best player on the field yesterday and it wasn’t even close.  

Ok sorry to clarify when I say linebackers I am talking about their Middle/coverage ones. Phillips and those guys are essentially pass rushers.

I disagree about Baker and roberts. They are so slow and essentially are useless against the pass

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.