1/15/2023 Wildcard Weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

I should have known to come on here after we barely won.  My wife and I will celebrate by ourself.  Next week will bring a whole new set of circumstances.  Survive and advance.  Nobody said it was easy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’m worried. This was a skin of your teeth W vs a 9-8 team with a 3rd string rookie qb who just skated by the Jets to get in.  

We haven’t been playing good football. Out of all the teams left in the AFC in the current play off run is anyone left that you’re comfortable that we would roll?

Edited by PayDaBill$

4 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

nope, you're just a troll or an idiot, maybe both? 

Great comeback dude. I just state the facts. Did you watch the game?? Not much difference between him and Staley last night. We barely got the win.  Up 17 and gone in a flash. 

Edited by Baba Booey

Just now, Toledo Bill said:

Did he shank it or was it the continuous asinine attempts at a short kickoff?

he shanked it.  strategy today was nit the kickoff to the 5 yard line, it was to kick it through the endzone and make the 3rd string rookie go 75 yards,

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You have an elite QB and I think it's reasonable to infer he should execute those plays. That's what elite means. The more difficult play to execute is the 4th down play to Beasley. 

Ha, I kinda hate those quick out plays when coverage is there. It’s. A stupid hard throw to make and a really difficult catch.

Generally speaking though, understand the point you’re making.  Those balls are what makes Josh special. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I get it that the game was a nail biter. I was convinced, late in the 4th quarter, that they would lose.

But the Bills played far from their best game, turned the ball over three times, and still scored 34 points.

Those calling for Dorsey’s head are hysterical.

It's his game management and feel for Josh's game that folks question.

And this season it has been spotty with plenty of head scratchers.

Allen is going to need an OC that does not kill the great things only he can do, yet be able to reel him in with the right play calls when he is pressing too much.

Dorsey needs to demonstrate more of that.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Baba Booey said:

No…. I’m right. You just can’t admit it or don’t want to see it. 

Stop! All evidence to the contrary. Eight straight wins! Just to make sure you hear it because I’m not sure it’s getting through: eight straight wins! Your quarterback doesn’t regress when you win eight straight games. Not even debatable. All quarterbacks make bad throws including Burrow and Mahoney. You have no sense of perspective on this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Least enjoyable game i ever watched - til the last play

For real?  I thought this was an incredibly good/fun game to watch...even if painful.

For me, the least enjoyable game would have been the one where we were ahead 48-0 at halftime.  

And then we win with backups playing the 2nd half 56-10.

I would have TAKEN that and even VOTED for that, but it wouldn't have been a fun game to watch! 

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Much more confused by the 3 play calls for us that followed it.  

A long shot on a go route in single coverage you take every time.  Josh and Gabe need to connect on one of those.  If they do we’re having a completely different conversation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, billybob71 said:

How much is this the Bills are a team with significant flaws, or is it the NFL is crazy this year, and every team is flawed therefore no dominant team and fasten your seatbelt its gonna be a crazy unpredictable playoffs?

This is playoff football. Nothing should be unexpected.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.