Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well. Like I already stated. McKenzie has 2 seasons with more TDs than HARTY has in his career. He’s got 4 seasons that are statistically better than HARTY’s 2nd best season. HARTY’s best season has less receptions, and TDs than McKenzies best although he had a few more yards. He’s never finished a season without being injured. He’s missed 26 games in 4 seasons. 

again. If you want to believe he’s going to be more effective than McKenzie that’s fine. Obviously the Bills thought he would be. Which is why he’s on the team and McKenzke isn’t. And don’t get me wrong, I couldn’t stand McKenzie. They misused him and couldn’t find ways to utilize what he does best. But in no way is this kid any better than McKenzie at this point in his career. Time will tell. I’ll go with stats at this point. 

It’s not what I believe.  It’s what the market believes.  And the market apparently believes you are completely clueless, purposely negative, or both.  THH that checks out.

32 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Misused him????!!?!?

Brrhahahahahahaha

They gave him EVERY opportunity with straigh routes, motion plays, hand offs etc etc. I mean really dude/dudette... what t F are you talking about??

When a player gets benched twice in two seasons thats a bad thing. Add in the drops.. OMG the dude was a waste. Harty is a PRO.

Get a life:

McKenzie- 42 receptions on 58 attempts., 423 yards, 4TDs LOLLLLLLL

Harty had 38 receptions on 38 attemps, with 8 TD's. Where are you getting your sh&t from?? Just stop trolling dudette.

22 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It’s not what I believe.  It’s what the market believes.  And the market apparently believes you are completely clueless, purposely negative, or both.  THH that checks out.

I’ll just reply to both of you since @Dillenger4is probably your 138th profile on here. 

McKenzies career:

-141 receptions for an average of 23.5 per year

-1345 yards for an average of 224 per year

-11 TDs for an average of 1.83 per year

-Missed 24 games over 6 seasons for an average of 4 a year

Hartys career:

-64 receptions for an average of 16 per year

-793 yards for an average of 198 per year

-4 TDs for an average of 1 a year

-Missed 26 games over 4 years for an average of 6.5 a year

so he’s statistically over his career averaged less receptions. Less yards. Less TDs. His yearly bests aren’t as good as McKenzies in receptions for TDs. He has had more yards once in career. 

he has been consistently missed more games every season for to injury. Even though not all of McKenzies games were missed due to injury. A few of them were missed because he was in McClappys doghouse after some bad tweets. 

yet Harry is 100% better than McKenzie. Got it. Yeah. Makes all the sense in the world. Yet you are the ones saying that I’m trolling and questioning my intelligence. 

here’s a hint. Simple math is hard. Especially when you chow down on the latest color blue in the crayola pack. 

with all that said I’m happy McKenzie is off this team. He was wasted. He was never a slot WR. He was a gadget player and they didn’t allow him enough plays last season at that. They tried to used him in a way that doesn’t suit his skill set best. 

with all that said I am more excited about Harry being on this team. He likely does have more upside. But let’s call it what it is. There’s no factual evidence that he is better or will ever be better. Or more available. Yet you (2) want to argue against facts. 

again, just call it what it is. Hope that he will be better than McKenzie. 

either way, you (both) can put me on ignore if you don’t like my opinions. I’m sure you aren’t the only ones. 

Edited by mrags

31 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

You are bang on! Harty is far superior to McKenzie. Harty catches the ball whereas lil dummy dropped a lot of passes. Harty get's YAC whereas Lil Dummy was a whoosy. Harty had the Chiefs and Chargers offering contracts and he picked The Bills. He will be the starting slot receiver for us and I fully expect him to have a great season and contribute. He will also allow Cook and Harris to have better seasons as the opposing D will have to worry about his speed coming off the line. Add in Kincaid and look the F out!!!

I think they are projecting Harty as a more useful player. Despite his size, I think you will see him lined up on the outside. Kincaid is going to line up as a big slot much of the time and Shakir will get snaps at slot. I don't see Harty as a starting slot who gets the majority of snaps there.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’ll just reply to both of you since @Dillenger4is probably your 138th profile on here. 

McKenzies career:

Hartys career:

so he’s statistically over his career averaged less receptions. Less yards. Less TDs. His yearly bests aren’t as good as McKenzies in receptions for TDs. He has had more yards once in career. 

he has been consistently missed more games every season for to injury. Even though not all of McKenzies games were missed due to injury. A few of them were missed because he was in McClappys doghouse after some bad tweets. 

yet Harry is 100% better than McKenzie. Got it. Yeah. Makes all the sense in the world. Yet you are the ones saying that I’m trolling and questioning my intelligence. 

here’s a hint. Simple math is hard. Especially when you chow down on the latest color blue in the crayola pack. 

with all that said I’m happy McKenzie is off this team. He was wasted. He was never a slot WR. He was a gadget player and they didn’t allow him enough plays last season at that. They tried to used him in a way that doesn’t suit his skill set best. 

with all that said I am more excited about Harry being on this team. He likely does have more upside. But let’s call it what it is. There’s no factual evidence that he is better or will ever be better. Or more available. Yet you (2) want to argue against facts. 

either way, you (both) can put me on ignore if you don’t like my opinions. I’m sure you aren’t the only ones. 

Would 2 years 9 million vs. 1 year 1 million indicate to you that a vast majority, if not a unanimous group of NFL teams value Harty higher than McKenzie?  If not, why did McKenzie settle for that?  If so, how do all 32 NFL teams miss what you so easily see?

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't think the opposition defensive gameplan would be any different with Hopkins.   They would probably still have the double on Diggs and put CB1 on Hopkins.   He's just a little more equipped to still catch those contested passes than the ham-handed Davis as WR2.    What it would open up is opportunities for either Davis as boundary WR2(WR3 overall) with Diggs in slot.........or Kincaid/Harty in the slot(with Davis on bench).  

Knox probably gets less attention than ever either way.    Hopefully Kincaid stays healthy and starts earning playing time and then this draft pick helps Knox take his game to another level.   His issue, IMO, is when he internalizes.   That's where the drops come from.  He's never had any outside competition.  Competition shifts the focus from within and frees up players minds from self-destructive internalizing.    It's a big reason why coaches want competition.   

I like Sherfield in the slot too. He was good there in Miami 

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Would 2 years 9 million vs. 1 year 1 million indicate to you that a vast majority, if not a unanimous group of NFL teams value Harty higher than McKenzie?  If not, why did McKenzie settle for that?  If so, how do all 32 NFL teams miss what you so easily see?

Just stop. Teams overpay for players all the time. 

stats are there. You’re incorrect on every single argument you can make other than Beane overpaid for a guy that’s produced less than McKenzie has over his career. 

if the salary is what you want to base your argument on then you really need to rethink your existence. 

Way to go guys! We can hit 300 pages easily now, go go go!!!

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Just stop. Teams overpay for players all the time. 

stats are there. You’re incorrect on every single argument you can make other than Beane overpaid for a guy that’s produced less than McKenzie has over his career. 

if the salary is what you want to base your argument on then you really need to rethink your existence. 

You’re like a clown show. You keep coming out of the car looking more silly every time.  

There is a reason they didn’t simply keep McKenzie and give him say 3m per year. 100 reasons actually.  If he’s a better player than Harty then they would have done that.  Not one team in the league got anywhere near that level.  Several teams were in on Harty.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billieve420 said:

Also need to factor who is throwing the ball to those guys. Allen has given career years to number of WRs who have came here. In a pass heavy offense they will have chance to post better numbers than their previous teams.

^This.  If Josh was throwing to any of us on this board, we’d put up some numbers too.  Doesn’t mean we belong in the NFL.

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Way to go guys! We can hit 300 pages easily now, go go go!!!

Naw. I’ve got to get ready for work soon. Won’t be able to argue about which of the 2 Teenie slot guys that have never really been all that good will end up being better. 

I’ll just say it now. I have money on it that Harry misses 4+ games this season and buys more excuses for himself. I’m sure many here will accept it. 

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You’re like a clown show. You keep coming out of the car looking more silly every time.  

There is a reason they didn’t simply keep McKenzie and give him say 3m per year. 100 reasons actually.  If he’s a better player than Harty then they would have done that.  Not one team in the league got anywhere near that level.  Several teams were in on Harty.

Yeah. Again. I don’t even like McKenzie. Think he’s pretty terrible actually. You are arguing that someone that has statistically not been as good as McKenzie deserves praise. 

But I’m the clown show. 

homer simpson GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Next draft the cards have 2 1sts, 1 second, 2 3rds, 1 4th, 2 5ths, 1 6th and 1 7th. They have Colt McCoy as their QB while they wait on Kyler to get healthy. This is they year to dump cap $$ and go into next offseason in good cap shape with a boatload of picks. Hopkins will not be playing for them this season.

Now that we have 3 picks in and see what we have - where do you stand on Hopkins right now?

real talk, not as enthused as I could be. 

I’ve been amongst the louder add a pass catcher or pass rusher voices in the off-season (or mid season) since year two of the Josh era. I think you have to push chips on the table to maximize your windows when the are fully open. 

that said, I have real mixed feelings about this season and the current roster construction. We will always have a chance with Josh and I can write a narrative that gets to hoisting the trophy but I think this may be our worst positioning in several years. We underachieved some opportunities, but they could overachieve this year and take it. Just not sure it’s our ideal spot to push chips in now in general. 

I also am not sure about Hopkins specifically. Older, and coming off PEDs is a major question mark. Also creates a roster management question with potentially losing Davis at end of 23, and not knowing Hopkins future contribution for 24. 

I think I’m resigned to hoping Davis gets healthy and balls out a bit, brown gets healthy at RT, nyheim and cook get dynamic and if we make a trade it’s either a younger WR for a long term Davis replacement (Denver added another, is jeudy actually on the market now) or an impactful defender on a short deal with no VM til mid season and everything but safety having question marks. 

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

real talk, not as enthused as I could be. 

I’ve been amongst the louder add a pass catcher or pass rusher voices in the off-season (or mid season) since year two of the Josh era. I think you have to push chips on the table to maximize your windows when the are fully open. 

that said, I have real mixed feelings about this season and the current roster construction. We will always have a chance with Josh and I can write a narrative that gets to hoisting the trophy but I think this may be our worst positioning in several years. We underachieved some opportunities, but they could overachieve this year and take it. Just not sure it’s our ideal spot to push chips in now in general. 

I also am not sure about Hopkins specifically. Older, and coming off PEDs is a major question mark. Also creates a roster management question with potentially losing Davis at end of 23, and not knowing Hopkins future contribution for 24. 

I think I’m resigned to hoping Davis gets healthy and balls out a bit, brown gets healthy at RT, nyheim and cook get dynamic and if we make a trade it’s either a younger WR for a long term Davis replacement (Denver added another, is jeudy actually on the market now) or an impactful defender on a short deal with no VM til mid season and everything but safety having question marks. 

Exactly. While he is good and would add to us for a year or two the juice may not be worth the squeeze. This is our weakest roster since joshs second year. The last two years were better.

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Exactly. While he is good and would add to us for a year or two the juice may not be worth the squeeze. This is our weakest roster since joshs second year. The last two years were better.

Hmm we have lost Edmunds. Get back Hyde a healthy  💯 TW along with both DT’s who didn’t play vs Cinn.. an upgraded OL along with an explosive slot TE .. depth at WR and Von for the final push. Can’t say I agree the roster is worse. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

just a bummer to be on the back side of that window now and never taken the swing for the fences. 

probably still get one at some point just playing the odds but it’ll be harder. 

4 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Hmm we have lost Edmunds. Get back Hyde a healthy  💯 TW along with both DT’s who didn’t play vs Cinn.. an upgraded OL along with an explosive slot TE .. depth at WR and Von for the final push. Can’t say I agree the roster is worse. 

you don’t think there will be any injuries this year, eh? 

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

just a bummer to be on the back side of that window now and never taken the swing for the fences. 

probably still get one at some point just playing the odds but it’ll be harder. 

you don’t think there will be any injuries this year, eh? 

You stated the roster would be worse? So it’s not worse. Injuries happen to all teams. The roster is better than last year, eh? 

Edited by QLBillsFan

4 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

You stated the roster would be worse? So it’s not worse. Injuries happen to all teams. The roster is better than last year, eh? 

you should probably compare it to last April  with a healthy Hyde, and healthy Miller and healthy DTs then, unless you want to project our injuries this year to be comparable to who was active in December/January. To compare last years worst version with this years best version is disingenuous 

Edited by NoSaint

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

you should probably compare it to last April  with a healthy Hyde, and healthy Miller and healthy DTs then, unless you want to project our injuries this year to be comparable to who was active in December/January 

I’m comparing last years roster to this years roster. Explain where the Bills are worse ? We lost our MLB who signed for $18m so that’s a loss. Oh and back up QB might be a net loss.

1. Add depth at WR improving both slot and outside. We add a top 10 evaluated game changer at TE who will create match up issues.

2. OL added starters at OG providing more skill and depth in case of injuries. Need more OT depth but that may come. 
3. S depth with Rapp so if we lose 1 or 2 S’s we have he and not a slow J.J. on the field. 

I’ll wait for your explanation of how the Bills are worse. 

22 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

I’m comparing last years roster to this years roster. Explain where the Bills are worse ? We lost our MLB who signed for $18m so that’s a loss. Oh and back up QB might be a net loss.

1. Add depth at WR improving both slot and outside. We add a top 10 evaluated game changer at TE who will create match up issues.

2. OL added starters at OG providing more skill and depth in case of injuries. Need more OT depth but that may come. 
3. S depth with Rapp so if we lose 1 or 2 S’s we have he and not a slow J.J. on the field. 

The MLB drop off is substantial 

VM acl is a massive hit. Just huge.

poyer and Hyde a year older 

morse on shakier footing 

I’ll say I was much higher on tre coming back elite this time last year. 

And inevitably on April it’s easy to celebrate sherfield rapp and Harty. We did it with crowder, saffold and oj Howard. 

it’s real easy to be in the honeymoon phase now, and forget that you had the honeymoon phase with all your exes also 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

morse on shakier footing 

And inevitably on April it’s easy to celebrate sherfield rapp and Harty. We did it with crowder, saffold and oj Howard. 

it’s real easy to be in the honeymoon phase now, and forget that you had the honeymoon phase with all your exes also 

So for sure never enjoy a honeymoon phase. Let's just cut to the disillusionment. What a way to live.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, NoSaint said:

morse on shakier footing 

Good points but I think you’re overlooking the depth moves on the whole. Age certainty factors in. Crowder got hurt and OJ was a flyer. Agree that Saffold didn’t work out.

Rapp was a starter that’s big upgrade. OL depth is younger and better. Kincaid is game changer. But we can agree to disagree. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

We add olineman in FA every year and at the end of the season we are still complaining about the oline. Until they prove it on the field we don’t know. 

The WRs we have added are not proven players, just guys that showed a little. Same thing we did with Lil’Dirty and Gabe, just these guys probably won’t leaned on as heavily. 

We are not sure when and how healthy Miller will be this season? Will Tre even get back to old form?  The best thing we have going for us is having people back but some are question marks. 

There is nothing really we did that tells me we improved but there is still that gaping hole at MLB that has not been filled. 

If every team around you is improving and you’re not it’s gonna show on the field on Sundays. 

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

Good points but I think you’re overlooking the depth moves on the whole. Age certainty factors in. Crowder got hurt and OJ was a flyer. Agree that Saffold didn’t work out.

Rapp was a starter that’s big upgrade. OL depth is younger and better. Kincaid is game changer. But we can agree to disagree. 

points of information: 

No one in the league found him to be starting quality for their team this year, so he’s a backup with experience more aptly described 

Kincaid could be a game changer. How many games did Oliver, Elam or Rousseau change their rookie years? Kincaids slotted up to be a role playing package player. I like him a lots but his year one contribution has a wide range. How many total catches are you projecting in your gamechanger forecast for him for instance? 

45 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

points of information: 

No one in the league found him to be starting quality for their team this year, so he’s a backup with experience more aptly described 

Kincaid could be a game changer. How many games did Oliver, Elam or Rousseau change their rookie years? Kincaids slotted up to be a role playing package player. I like him a lots but his year one contribution has a wide range. How many total catches are you projecting in your gamechanger forecast for him for instance? 

He’s a game changer in that D will have to go nickel when Bills are in 12. This creates space for all others as he spreads the field will open the middle and cause lbs or s to cover him. Additionally, the run game now enhanced with a mauling guard opens up cook vs nickel. Along with red zone advantages. So yes he’s a game changer per just about any NFL person you listen to. 
Rapp like Poyer had a lower value than he expected. But he’s a great 3rd safety. The question isn’t what other teams did. Does Rapp make S depth better ? Yes.

Interesting while I provide objections reactions to your points (some of which are valid) you position this conversation in the negative about this roster. The facts suggest it’s a better roster. But time will tell 🍻 

52 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

points of information: 

Again it’s about how the D must now react to the Bills. I expect he will be 3rd in receptions by year end. 

4 hours ago, mrags said:

McKenzies career:

Hartys career:

Yes, Harty is 100% better than Mckenzie.

• Agree 1

If we are going to factor in vets getting older, you have to consider young players getting experience and developing.

I think the roster gained in some areas and lost in others. Overall id grade it close to last year.

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

So for sure never enjoy a honeymoon phase. Let's just cut to the disillusionment. What a way to live.

I mean, have fun with it if that’s what makes you happy but maybe don’t solicit opinions if not wanting opinions

3 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

I think the roster is better than last season already. Injuries aside. We lost 1 starter, likely upgraded both G spots and slot

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I actually heard a take on a podcast recently that I hadn't thought about and it made me change my mind about this trade being a possibility this year. Take went like this: Steve Bidwill is one of the stingiest owners in the league (charges players for drinks and meals) and their team is not winning anything this year. They said just from a dollars and cents perspective they didn't believe there was any chance that he would want to fork over this type of cash on a player if he could avoid it. I found that interesting and wanted to share. 

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

He’s a game changer in that D will have to go nickel when Bills are in 12. This creates space for all others as he spreads the field will open the middle and cause lbs or s to cover him. Additionally, the run game now enhanced with a mauling guard opens up cook vs nickel. Along with red zone advantages. So yes he’s a game changer per just about any NFL person you listen to. 
Rapp like Poyer had a lower value than he expected. But he’s a great 3rd safety. The question isn’t what other teams did. Does Rapp make S depth better ? Yes.

Interesting while I provide objections reactions to your points (some of which are valid) you position this conversation in the negative about this roster. The facts suggest it’s a better roster. But time will tell 🍻 

Again it’s about how the D must now react to the Bills. I expect he will be 3rd in receptions by year end. 

with our most impactful defensive player substantially injured, and our mlb unreplaced, you are pointing out Rapp.

Would you agree our defense, on paper, is worse today than last year (with the hope that tre can close that gap some by closing the gap from his play post injury to pre injury)((but also risk in Hyde coming back and poyer holding up)) ? 

would you say that there were talks of Oliver being a game changer, and Rousseau being a game changer, and Elam being a plug and play starting corner? 

Edited by NoSaint

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

with our most impactful defensive player substantially injured, and our mlb unreplaced, you are pointing out Rapp.

Would you agree our defense, on paper, is worse today than last year (with the hope that tre can close that gap some by closing the gap from his play post injury to pre injury)((but also risk in Hyde coming back and poyer holding up)) ? 

would you say that there were talks of Oliver being a game changer, and Rousseau being a game changer, and Elam being a plug and play starting corner? 

I have agreed on mlb and Von. You discount Trey back at 💯.. did you watch our 4th S last year ? TE was great against the pass not so much against the run. The game changer be placed on the 3 players are your words not mine. Elam likely shows improvement in year 2. That’s a very common thing in the NFL particularly at CB. So we are worse at MLB and Von is a ? to some degree. 
Offense has improved. In a league where the SB was 38-35. I’ll take improvements on O vs some drop off on D. The game changer moniker was given to Kincaid and I’ve described multiple times what he brings. You refuse to listen so that’s on you. The IOL has upgraded with both skill and depth so if Morse or a guard goes down we are solid. RT has to get better and a healthy SB pushed by Doyle is possible for improvement. All with a top 5 QB who now will have both more time and options. And alignments and personnel that should improve the run game. Comical that you refuse to agree with these facts. We shall see what s massive loss is with TE or not? I’m glad we chose MM over him. 
Have other teams improved ? Yes that’s what happens when they are bad. Jets and Phins are on the way up-Pats not so sure. Your point was the roster is worse and I disagree. We are overall improved based on the O in the hands of Josh Allen. 

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Offer our 3 & 6 in 2024 for DHop? Since we have an extra pick in each round

I mean, I'd be fine with it. But at this point, I think Hopkins will have to force his way off the team for it to happen.

Pretty clear to me between Arizona's GM's words and actions (as well as their solid cap situation even with his contract) that they don't want to trade him. 

And with the additions of Kincaid in Round 1 (a TE in name only), Harty, Sherfield, and Shorter - Beane may feel comfortable with our Pass Catchers at this point.

Edited by BillsFanForever19