Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

28 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Well that's that then. Beane's generally a pretty straight shooter. Doesn't generally say he's flat out not pursuing someone who he is. Between him saying that and Arizona's GM saying he won't be trading him this weekend - I don't see it happening.

2 negatives make a positive.  It's happening....

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

Beane was on McAfee and they asked him if he had been in talks on Hopkins and he flat out said they weren't pursuing him. 

No Beane said they weren't going to try to trade for him tomorrow. Said they were focusing on the draft. He also basically said he isn't saying nothing will or won't happen after the draft. Just focused on the draft right now.

5 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Is there video of this?

The actual interview starts at 4hr:04min

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Beane is so scared to be the next LA Rams. He forgets that the Rams went to 2 SB's and won 1. I would take a championship followed by a rebuild any day of the week. Playing safe gets you to the playoffs sure but when you are that close what puts you over the edge?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Beane is so scared to be the next LA Rams. He forgets that the Rams went to 2 SB's and won 1. I would take a championship followed by a rebuild any day of the week. Playing safe gets you to the playoffs sure but when you are that close what puts you over the edge?

Chiefs traded their best receiver away.  

8 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

7 hours ago, dje85 said:

No Beane said they weren't going to try to trade for him tomorrow. Said they were focusing on the draft. He also basically said he isn't saying nothing will or won't happen after the draft. Just focused on the draft right now.

Beane does have a 💩 eating grin after talking about DHop and conveniently forgets his 6th round pick. He has a trade in principle with someone.

My take is that it's likely that DHop is the smokescreen for something else. What it is, who knows. Just figured I'd throw this in here, because this is a thread of fun, not reality.

9 hours ago, dje85 said:

I love this show!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, nkreed said:

Beane does have a 💩 eating grin after talking about DHop and conveniently forgets his 6th round pick. He has a trade in principle with someone.

My take is that it's likely that DHop is the smokescreen for something else. What it is, who knows. Just figured I'd throw this in here, because this is a thread of fun, not reality.

I don’t see it this way at all.  Everything that we’ve seen from credible sources who aren’t Pacman Jones or fraud fans on Twitter have downplayed Buffalo and KC’s interest in Hopkins.  

Fans wanted to believe this was a front by both teams but IMO there’s a higher possibility that both weren’t willing to meet the trade compensation or the salary for Hopkins.  

I tend to think there was not nearly as much interest as Arizona and Hopkins wanted you to believe