Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

5 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Why would we give up more for Hopkins now than the Cardinals did 4 years ago?  Hard pass if that’s what they want.  Go get Jeudy for the same price or trade up in the draft to get your WR at a controlled cost. 

To be fair, Bill o Brien was a moron for letting Hopkins go for what he did

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The way people over value draft picks is embarrassing. A 2nd and a 3rd for one of the 15 best WRs in football? Nah let’s keep them. It’s nothing to piss away those picks on rotational Dlineman that give you almost nothing year after year….yeah that’s no big deal, reload and try again. But here’s a guy that can probably help you win a Super Bowl? And we are thinking that’s too much? Come on.

Yeah! And throw in our 1st while you’re at it because we don’t always hit on those either!

I’d rather have an old $20M/yr player than a young $5M/yr player on a 5 year contract! It’s not like you can get those in Free Agency for free- wait a sec…

7 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I wonder if when the Cardinals realize they won't get that if they will call us back in a few weeks or maybe draft night to do something. It was said we were the leader and had the best offer on the table. Just because it's not done now, doesn't mean it won't be a month from now

Great- 200 more pages…😉

55 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

To be fair, Bill o Brien was a moron for letting Hopkins go for what he did

Wasn't that basically his "F you" to the Texans because he knew he was on the way out?

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

Yeah! And throw in our 1st while you’re at it because we don’t always hit on those either!

I’d rather have an old $20M/yr player than a young $5M/yr player on a 5 year contract! It’s not like you can get those in Free Agency for free- wait a sec…

Our first round pick last year sat behind a below avg 7th round nobody for most of the year. And the sad part is Elam was probably the best corner we had and the coaches didn’t care. All these recent high picks have been game changers. So much so that we have to use constant rotation to get any production. Also had to go out and get Von Miller to mask all the misses. You think the guy we get at 27 is going to be better than Hopkins? Even throughout the length of their rookie deal? Also I’m not asking to trade a first, I’m just humoring the idea.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

This has Jeudy (tied 24) and Hopkins (26) ranked pretty much the same. Jeudy gets open more and slightly better yac. But Hopkins has unreal hands, among the best in the league. The issue Bills receivers had last year was drops

And considering Josh is throwing on the run quite often, the throw might not be exactly pinpoint accurate every time.  Get the ball in the vicinity of the receiver and allow a receiver with the hands of someone like DHop to make a play on the ball.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, H2o said:

No we don't. We still need to add to the defense and the OL. We only have 6 picks. If we give up that for Hopkins, AND have to find a way to navigate his salary, we'd be in trouble. 

Since we’ve drafted Allen. We’ve used a 1st round pick on an LB, 2 on the DL. And one on a CB. 4 out of 5. As well as two more DLs with 2nd rounders. And an absurd amount for Miller. KC and Cinci don’t need to add to the Defense. And I’ll take Dhop over some rotation DL

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The way people over value draft picks is embarrassing. A 2nd and a 3rd for one of the 15 best WRs in football? Nah let’s keep them. It’s nothing to piss away those picks on rotational Dlineman that give you almost nothing year after year….yeah that’s no big deal, reload and try again. But here’s a guy that can probably help you win a Super Bowl? And we are thinking that’s too much? Come on.

Im all for Offense, and Allen is not Stafford - so I’m not saying we’d become the Rams, but this is why the Rams are in a 2-3 year rebuild after going for it.  

Trading tons of high picks for massive contracts. 

And you can say “well, they won..” Ok.. sure.. they also didn’t play in the current AFC. 

We desperately need Beane to hit on cheap talent this draft.  Soo.. let’s trade away both Day 2 picks and eat 19M?  

So we have RD1 and Three Day 3 picks… in a Draft where the Chiefs have like 11. 

We’re likely adding void years onto Hopkins contract and/or trading Oliver to free up 10M and get back a Day 3 pick. 

So now we have no money and still could use RT competition, a couple DT’s, a LB and S/CB depth depending on what we do with Benford. 

Id LOVE Hopkins on this team, but not to the extent where I want Beane to get straight up laughed at my trading away multiple Day 2 picks and eating that entire contract.   That’s insanity… and the Cardinals GM is likely not making a great first impression amongst his peers. 

51 minutes ago, Magox said:

Arizona is holding out, they don’t have to make a deal today.  But they will lessen their demands before the draft and someone will get Hopkins most likely for a 3rd and 5th sort of value.

Also, I found this clip to be interesting.  Chris Brown who many believe to be a sort of mouthpiece for the Bills organization flat out saying that the Bills need to get a legitimate #2 WR.

Kinda like I was saying

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Beane to Jerry Juedy: “You up?”

LOL. Speaking of which, there are some posters in this thread who need to take a nap.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Look where Deonte Harty ranked in 2021. 😳

At his press conference last week Beane said that they acquired Harty with the idea that he would be their 4th wideout.

How much of the contract would the Cardinals eat? Could they lower the cap hit for the bills significantly? I would think doing that is worth a higher pick. They would be accommodating the bills and their cap situation.

Edited by mathja

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

Kinda like I was saying

Considering the Cooks trade was for a 2023 5th round and a 2024 6th round, AZ is crazy if they think they are going to get anything better than a 3rd at best for him.  Especially if what's being reported is true that basically no other teams are interested any longer besides us.

Edited by Billz4ever

5 minutes ago, mathja said:

How much of the contract would the Cardinals eat? Could they lower the cap hit for the bills significantly? I would think doing that is worth a higher pick. They would be accommodating the bills and their cap situation.

But that’s the issue .. reports make it sound like they want multiple Day 2 picks and won’t take on any of the salary.  

If I had to guess, Beane’s offer is something like a 5th and next years 6th if AZ unloads the entire cap hit on us, up to a 4th and next years 5th if they eat some cap.  

Using Cooks trade, acknowledging that Hopkins is a much better player.  

Id be surprised if Beane, or anyone, ever entertains a Day 2 pick when, even if they eat some cap, the receiving team still has to accommodate 10M+ somehow. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, TOboy said:

I’d do a 2, but I actually think a 3 gets this done. Would be even better if it were from next year’s draft. 

This leak is all posturing. 

I'd do a 3rd at the most, but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.  We need OT and MLB with our first two picks.  We swing that and Hopkins, the offseason is won.  Everything else is details and depth

• Agree 1