Can we just give cook the ***** ball?

Hebert19

Heard that earlier in the year his practice habits were terrible, but McD recently gave him credit for turning that around. Maybe Cook thought the NFL would be just as easy as Georgia and didn’t put the work in. That belief also would’ve been reinforced by his early success in camp. He’s turned it around and is looking the part. 

He set a personal record by breaking not one, but two tackles today and I only saw him lost on offense once, which might also be a personal best.

Props to him for sticking with it and getting better.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

He set a personal record by breaking not one, but two tackles today and I only saw him lost on offense once, which might also be a personal best.

It's hard to notice him getting better. Everyone loves a breakout rookie but he is solid as a slow grower. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sestak4ever said:

He has fresh legs and could be a huge weapon for us in the playoffs. The fins will probably blitz heavily just like they did the two games this season. Cook could be the weapon that makes them pay.

As long as Josh looks for him but too many times Josh is focused down field when Cook is open parallel him at the sidelines.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Cook fumbled his first touch of the year and that was it. Very strong hands after that. Lesson learned. 

He's an absolute stud

27 minutes ago, Simon said:

His patience means he gets positive yards without it...but he needs 10 pounds this offseason I will agree

23 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

As long as Josh looks for him but too many times Josh is focused down field when Cook is open parallel him at the sidelines.

And even if there is a flat defender he gets 5 easy.  I saw Josh look away from that a couple times today. 

48 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Dude is playing well.  Yet we throw it 3 times in red zone every time.  

Nevermind getting Beasley and brown on the field...as I want.  But cook running changes this team.  

That checkdown on the sideline is something this team needs. Josh put it about a yard in front of him and Cook made an all hands catch. Thats something that keeps drives alive and I love to see. He does the little things well! 

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t think the Kamara comparisons for Cook moving forward into his career are far-fetched anymore. 

That being said, I highly doubt McDermott will go heavy Cook in the playoffs.  Probably a split like we’ve seen.  

…but man, Cook has a ton of potential. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Dude is playing well.  Yet we throw it 3 times in red zone every time.  

Nevermind getting Beasley and brown on the field...as I want.  But cook running changes this team.  

Fwiw, imo, Dorsey could stand to learn to integrate the running game into the team’s offense with some imagination, that and play Smoke more, Dorsey is a really smart guy, so he must realize these are areas needing attention, but it’s likely just me…, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.