A super bowl run: what needs to happen?

NickelCity

Last time I will complain. Hope KC fans stop the neural site complaining. 

Cinci game counts as loss to Bills. Were in drivers seat for 1 seed. So playoff route changes from likely 

bye

jax or sd

cin or kc

to 

mia

cin

kc

Stop complaining kc fans. You lost to both Cinci and buf and lucked into 1 seed. Cinci has a half complaint. Lost chance to have our route to Super Bowl. But gets a banged up bal team in round 1. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

Heck of a regular season. I dont think I need to rehash. I am very proud of this team. 

Looking toward the playoffs, there are several things that I think need to happen (or at least many of them) to make a legitimate push. 

(1) Micah to surprise us and be ready to play

(2) Beasley to contribute in a significant way as a chain-mover. 

(3) A receiver not named Diggs to step up consistently (Gabe? Shakir? McKenzie? The aforementioned Beasely?)

(4) Stick with the run, or maybe more accurately get better with the situational rushing. I love James Cook!

(5) Quick hitters - some of this is on Dorsey, but some is also on Josh. Cook is open in the flat a lot. More slants (and execute them)

(6) Defensive line has to get home. Von's absence....sigh.

What are you guys looking for? 

Even if Hyde came back he’d be very rusty and possibly worse than what we have now. 

Josh Allen needs to play better: he missed quite a few open throws with poor timing and placement. We expect those plus the wow plays from him. Can’t do it with one or the other. Stop turning the ball over. Execute the fundamentals. On defense - they’re going to have to manufacture pressure. They didn’t today and Jones looked like a respectable QB. This will not cut it in the playoffs. Play Benford over Elam. Elam loses position/ leverage and can’t make plays on passes that are defendable. Run D needs to be better as well if they want to advance. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Josh Allen needs to play better: he missed quite a few open throws with poor timing and placement. We expect those plus the wow plays from him. Can’t do it with one or the other. Stop turning the ball over. Execute the fundamentals. On defense - they’re going to have to manufacture pressure. They didn’t today and Jones looked like a respectable QB. This will not cut it in the playoffs. Play Benford over Elam. Elam loses position/ leverage and can’t make plays on passes that are defendable. Run D needs to be better as well if they want to advance. 

I should have mentioned Benford in the OP. He could help for sure.

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Sign every available CB sitting on the couch. Tre is still working his way back into things & is clearly struggling. Meanwhile, it's obvious why Benford won the starting job over Elam, despite how angry that makes fans. He's just too raw right now, and it's obvious other coaches look to exploit him. 

Other than that, we can't keep up these 3+ turnover games! If it weren't for 2 x special teams TD's, the score doesn't look so pretty. Willing to give the Bills the benefit of the doubt, as they obviously had a rough week. But have to be more secure with your possessions.

Can Richard Sherman still play ? 

Run the ball down teams throats and eat the clock. Don't turn the ball over and try and mask the defense. If we don't run the ball effectively against a team like the Bengals or Chiefs then we may be in some trouble. Also I hope Allen starts making the 5-6 yard throws, it will benefit all involved. I still have no doubts that this team is a SB contender.

Bills need to dial up the pressure on the QBs  We need good stops on the other teams side of the 50, we can't just let teams walk up to the 30 yard line on the Bills side of the field so easily.  

Also, I hope we stop spotting the other team 7 points on the first drive like we have done so much recently. Today's strategy of being spotted 7 seems to work out better. 

Edited by Chaos

I think the thing that terrifies me the most is how pathetic our front 4 look without Von. Our DT's today looked awful. Mac had plenty of time on both short and deep passes. Little push up the middle or getting off blocks. And as we all know, if our pass rush struggles, so will our already depleted secondary. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.