A super bowl run: what needs to happen?

NickelCity

Heck of a regular season. I dont think I need to rehash. I am very proud of this team. 

Looking toward the playoffs, there are several things that I think need to happen (or at least many of them) to make a legitimate push. 

(1) Micah to surprise us and be ready to play

(2) Beasley to contribute in a significant way as a chain-mover. 

(3) A receiver not named Diggs to step up consistently (Gabe? Shakir? McKenzie? The aforementioned Beasely?)

(4) Stick with the run, or maybe more accurately get better with the situational rushing. I love James Cook!

(5) Quick hitters - some of this is on Dorsey, but some is also on Josh. Cook is open in the flat a lot. More slants (and execute them)

(6) Defensive line has to get home. Von's absence....sigh.

What are you guys looking for? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The secondary and pass rush will be tested like it hasn’t in any of the playoff runs.  

Hill/Waddle

Higgins/Chase

Allen/Williams 

Have to score 30 plus each game and view it like that   

By any means necessary.  

Who had Hines with 2 KO returns for TDS to lead the way today on their list of what needs to happen?   

• Like (+1) 1

Sign every available CB sitting on the couch. Tre is still working his way back into things & is clearly struggling. Meanwhile, it's obvious why Benford won the starting job over Elam, despite how angry that makes fans. He's just too raw right now, and it's obvious other coaches look to exploit him. 

Other than that, we can't keep up these 3+ turnover games! If it weren't for 2 x special teams TD's, the score doesn't look so pretty. Willing to give the Bills the benefit of the doubt, as they obviously had a rough week. But have to be more secure with your possessions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Heck of a regular season. I dont think I need to rehash. I am very proud of this team. 

Looking toward the playoffs, there are several things that I think need to happen (or at least many of them) to make a legitimate push. 

(3) A receiver not named Diggs to step up consistently (Gabe? Shakir? McKenzie? The aforementioned Beasely?)

(4) Stick with the run, or maybe more accurately get better with the situational rushing. I love James Cook!

(5) Quick hitters - some of this is on Dorsey, but some is also on Josh. Cook is open in the flat a lot. More slants (and execute them)

I think you have it pretty well covered… and of course JA needs to be superman…

The likelihood of all of these happening is …. Not good…and I think we would required them all to win the SB..maybe (2) could slide if another receiver or two step up..,

Micah could have returned but not now after the events of the past week… the secondary without him  is average at best …  this and the lack of a pass rush makes it tough..

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I think you have it pretty well covered… and of course JA needs to be superman…

The likelihood of all of these happening is …. Not good…and I think we would required them all to win the SB..maybe (2) could slide if another receiver or two step up..,

Micah could have returned but not now after the events of the past week… the secondary without him  is average at best …  this and the lack of a pass rush makes it tough..

This is my biggest fear.

Teams will double Diggs and force other receivers to beat them. I don't have alot of confidence in anyone else to consistently get open and make plays.

Allen can only do so much.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Billsfanatic8989 said:

This is my biggest fear.

Teams will double Diggs and force other receivers to beat them. I don't have alot of confidence in anyone else to consistently get open and make plays.

Allen can only do so much.

They will only go as far as he takes then though

• Agree 1

So for the wild card, they just need to score more than Miami. Then in the divisional round they need to make sure the other team scores less than they do. For the AFCC they need to both score more than the other team AND have the other team score less (unless they have the second game that day, then only one of those things needs to happen) then for the Super Bowl they need to have the bigger number out of the two teams 

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

just finding a way to have more points than other team at end of the game

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.