We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

36 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm assuming McDermott is leaving mckenzie in because he's "earned it", but this kinda stuff has to stop for the playoffs. I mean, MAYBE mckenzie is better, but it's not like mckenzie is putting up ridiculous numbers every week. They need Shakir to play more. 

Exacta Mundo. ENouGh mcdermott play the best players !

shakir and Cole more than McKenzie 

cook gets rb1 workload 

start th rush 3 and 8 drop / flood passing lanes 

What's interesting about Hill is his splits vs Buffalo in the playoffs vs the regular season. 

In 5 career regular season games against the Bills, Hill has 28 catches for 226 yards and 1 TD. Per game, this is about 5 catches for 45 yards, and only scoring once in 5 games. 

In 2 playoff games, he has 20 catches for 322 yards and a TD. 10 catches for 162 yards per game.

Just now, balln said:

Exacta Mundo. ENouGh mcdermott play the best players !

shakir and Cole more than McKenzie 

cook gets rb1 workload 

start th rush 3 and 8 drop / flood passing lanes 

Beasley will play. They were out of PS elevations for him, but apparently that's not applicable in the playoffs.

Cook doesn't have the weight/power to go RB1 solo. He is change of pace back as he cannot break arm tackles like Singletary.

Defensive play calling needs to become a bit less bend/break, but obviously the flow of the game will dictate scheme.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

Beasley will play. They were out of PS elevations for him, but apparently that's not applicable in the playoffs.

Cook doesn't have the weight/power to go RB1 solo. He is change of pace back as he cannot break arm tackles like Singletary.

Defensive play calling needs to become a bit less bend/break, but obviously the flow of the game will dictate scheme.

I think cook is plenty powerful. He’s actually way More running tough than I thought. And he has better ypc.

he had a textbook blitz pick up that was phantom flagged 

Singletary is simply too slow. He misses so many bigger plays bc he just can’t cut back on get thru the hole. I’ve also seen him twice in two years drop passes at kc. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

You sure they were out of elevations for Beasley? Cinci was his 3rd and final but that game was eliminated so he should have been eligible for NE. They chose not to

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I heard he has a hand injury

He broke his thumb, which isn't good for a RB because they can't switch the ball to the other hand.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35414300/dolphins-expect-more-clarity-tagovailoa-mostert-later-week

Edited by Billz4ever

39 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Now maybe being down to our 3rd string safety and Tre White (IMO) playing scared will cause problems, IDK.

Do you really still see Tre playing scared after yesterday's game? Seemed like a big step towards regaining his MOJO. 

It's impossible to overlook how grabby he's been, and how half-speed some of his cuts and changes of direction have looked on replays, but it's difficult to know if that's mental or physical, or both. 

Hopefully his trust in his knee took a giant leap forward yesterday. 

• Like (+1) 7

13 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Do you really still see Tre playing scared after yesterday's game? Seemed like a big step towards regaining his MOJO. 

It's impossible to overlook how grabby he's been, and how half-speed some of his cuts and changes of direction have looked on replays, but it's difficult to know if that's mental or physical, or both. 

Hopefully his trust in his knee took a giant leap forward yesterday. 

That INT had to be huge for his confidence.

It's the half-speed cuts and COD that have me thinking "playing scared" because he looks faster and smoother in the occasional clips we see of practice.  But you're right, who knows? if it's physical, mental or both.

I did think Tre was very affected by what happened with Hamlin.  He pretty well acknowledged what a trauma it's been to him after the game.

33 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I thought that too— until I saw Mostert do that to the packers, patriots, and jets the next three weeks. Dude is just a beast and is finally playing at his true potential. 

I think he's getting surgery this week

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BRH said:

I feel like we had this conversation 20 years ago with Greggo and his damn 46 defense.

Except Greggo was a fraud who was not so much a coach as a syndicate head of Murder For Hire, and part time brassiere model.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Sorry what about our cover 2 shell doesnt work?  we held them to 171 and 217 yards in the two games so far.  Thats 2 of their 5 lowest outputs for the season.  Including only Tua starts thats 2 of his 3 lowest outputs.  I think youre referencing what the Chargers did to Tua, which at 127 was obviously great, but everyone else that has tried to replicate that has not been as good as we have done.  If we dont disguise cover 2 or mix up coverages some then yeah i worry we would get carved up.  But frazier has shown he can contain tua.  188 rushing yards (most of the year) scares me and run fits from cover 2 are harder, but you seemed to imply that cover 2 couldnt stop their pasisng attack.  

The Niners smashed the Fins with press man as well. The thing with Tua, or the Dolphin offense QB's in general, is they are going to put the ball to the spot where they expect the receiver to be, whether he's there or not. Buffalo rarely tries to mess with the receivers getting to that spot. It's just read, react, try to tackle and if you miss on those guys they go a long way because of the team speed. Cover 2 with Hyde and Poyer, I'd have less concern. The likes of Jaquan, Marlowe, and yes Hamlin are eminently exploitable. That's what happened the first game. The home game, the Bills were getting annihilated with the run game, and they needed the last 2 scores in the fourth to win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

Stage 1??  I heard he is in Stage 3?   

https://news.yahoo.com/tua-tagovailoa-not-cleared-to-practice-raheem-mostert-has-broken-thumb-ahead-of-dolphins-bills-playoff-game-215328414.html

"Tua remained in Stage 3 on Sunday"

Stage 4 - I believe - is when you can start practicing.  If he is indeed already in Stage 3,  I expect he is practicing as soon as tomorrow.  

That said,  after the Damar Hamlin incident,  all the concussion stuff with Tua this year is probably the next "scariest" story line,  so I would just hope he doesn't play..... regardless of whether he is cleared.

Last I read it he wasnt doing stuff with the team yet.  May have misunderstood what I read.  Anything stage 2 and beyond is doing stuff with the team staff.  Regardless... to date he has not practiced yet.  If he starts practicing early week then there is a chance he will play. More probable he would.  Usually once stage 3 hits people are cleared in days.  Although we had a player this year that made it to stage 5 and still didnt clear.  That was shortly after Tua incident so they might have been more cautious.

Stage 2 is light aerobic stuff

Stage 3 is team drill like stuff

Stage 4 is non contact practice

Stage 5 is full practice 

After that its just Dr. clearance. 

Edited by Scott7975
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

So TBH - I find the distinction between Stage 3 and Stage 4 to be a little "Fuzzy"

https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload/v1629471746/league/umfva5wnr32ozmukz5jd.pdf

Stage 3 says the player can practice with the team for 30 minutes of "sport specific exercise"

Stage 4 says the player participates in "non contact football activities" (throwing catching and running).

Difference?

Anyway, if Tua is in Stage 3, he can practice on Weds with a red no-contact jersey, and assuming no adverse effects, be cleared on Thursday.

Stage 3 is like stuff you see our players do off to the side when they are injured... like maybe running some sprints or exercise bike type stuff.  Stage 4 they actually participate in practice in a non contact jersey.... which is obviously easier for a QB because they dont get contact anyways.

Edited by Scott7975

On 1/8/2023 at 4:15 PM, The Jokeman said:

But for how long?

It’s a home game. If we all LOOK AT HIM REALLY HARD, that might do it. 

I hate to kid about this, but their management of this coupled with how fragile he seems is concerning. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.