Ravens Waive DeSean Jackson. Should Bills sign?

Warriorspikes51

I wonder what his 40 time is now. He came out in the 4.3s iirc. I find it strange that players only run the 40 when coming out of college and then that is the time that represents them their whole career. It should be updated every year I feel like. I'm sure they do them at private workouts, but they're never made public. 

34 minutes ago, ßookie_tech said:

I wonder what his 40 time is now. He came out in the 4.3s iirc. I find it strange that players only run the 40 when coming out of college and then that is the time that represents them their whole career. It should be updated every year I feel like. I'm sure they do them at private workouts, but they're never made public. 

It's not in their best interest to show the world and teams how they've slowed down. No player would willingly do this unless, early in their career, they did some speed training and improved their 40 time. But I think those guys are few and far between.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

It's not in their best interest to show the world and teams how they've slowed down. No player would willingly do this unless, early in their career, they did some speed training and improved their 40 time. But I think those guys are few and far between.

Yep. There was an ESPN the magazine article a while back where they tested to see if players ran faster with the ball in their hands. I think they used Bills WRs. All of them ran faster than their combine time but they couldn't report the numbers because the team and players said it would give other teams an advantage. 

17 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

No. Look at the ravens starting WRS. The fact they cut him with that group should tell you everything 

I know nothing about the situation but is it possible Jackson asked for his release after seeing how little he was used. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I was there scouting

And I remember being like what the *****

100% talent

… 0 % football awareness on the play

And I’ve seen it multiple times since lol

As an aside, I was in San Antonio this past week for a conference and randomly at the hotel with the players and parents of this All-American bowl game. Was neat to talk to these future superstars! 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Yeah that's what I mean. Players usually get slower throughout their career and it would probably give leverage to the team signing, but I think it'd be fair to know their real 40 time. Just something I always thought about. Also, I dig the username.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

As an aside, I was in San Antonio this past week for a conference and randomly at the hotel with the players and parents of this All-American bowl game. Was neat to talk to these future superstars! 

Alamodome is a nice spot for the all American game

san Antonio is nice 

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.