Week 18: Pats at Bills, Sunday 1/8 1pm

YoloinOhio

This will be a tight hard-fought game.  The Pats* are going to come out and try to smash mouth the Bills.  See if they are still in their tears and "can't play" stage.  I suspect some big hits early, as the Bengals did, to see if the boys are up to the battle.  

No turnovers, run the ball and play physical.  

Only a 7 point spread at home, against a team that hasn't been very good overall seems odd to me.

8 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Have a feeling Josh goes nuclear in this game.

17 feeds on emotion and playing for others and he’s playing for 3 this time.

LET’S GO BILLS!

does going nuclear mean 2 ints and a fumble

33 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Only a 7 point spread at home, against a team that hasn't been very good overall seems odd to me.

does going nuclear mean 2 ints and a fumble

Pats are playing for their season and we're playing for seeding. I would have to think that factors into the spread. If the Chiefs win, I would expect that spread to drop to -5 as there are no guarantees that the Bills will play the starters for the entire game if the #1 is not in play.

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Pats are playing for their season and we're playing for seeding. I would have to think that factors into the spread. If the Chiefs win, I would expect that spread to drop to -5 as there are no guarantees that the Bills will play the starters for the entire game if the #1 is not in play.

Disagree.  #2 seed is huge over #3 seed, especially with the neutral field tweak.  Guarantees no "road games." 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Normally at this stage in the season - with playoff hopes and seedings on the line - games reach playoff intensity with lots of physicality and hard hits.  No one knows if what happened to Damar is going to dampen some of that "hit 'em hard, make 'em pay" mentality or not.  Not only on the Bills, but other teams as well.   I could see the Patriots trying to hammer us with the run game early to see how tough the Bills will be.  Even if it takes us a bit to get going full force, I think we will prevail.  

7 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Disagree.  #2 seed is huge over #3 seed, especially with the neutral field tweak.  Guarantees no "road games." 

A lot of the "experts" are picking the Pats in this one due to the unknown of how the Bills will respond to the moment so there is that too. I'm just trying to explain a point spread that I agree is a bit low. 

7 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Agreed.  If the Bills players/coaches don't understand how important having at least two home playoff games and a neutral field for the championship game is they aren't serious Super Bowl contenders. Fortunately I believe the Bills know exactly how important a #2 seeding is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

Normally at this stage in the season - with playoff hopes and seedings on the line - games reach playoff intensity with lots of physicality and hard hits.  No one knows if what happened to Damar is going to dampen some of that "hit 'em hard, make 'em pay" mentality or not.  Not only on the Bills, but other teams as well.   I could see the Patriots trying to hammer us with the run game early to see how tough the Bills will be.  Even if it takes us a bit to get going full force, I think we will prevail.  

Damar's first question was "did we win?" Bills are going to take it to the Pats.

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

A lot of the "experts" are picking the Pats in this one due to the unknown of how the Bills will respond to the moment so there is that too. I'm just trying to explain a point spread that I agree is a bit low. 

It's up to 7.5.  But I get your drift, and that may be the way some bettors are thinking.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.