Mac Jones is repeatedly dirty and needs to be reined in

Beck Water

Mac had every reason to get frustrated with the clown show offensive coaching group Belichick created. If he wasn't who he is, he'd be fired already. If Krafty Bob and his son Krafty Jonathan had any sense they'd move on from Belichick and clean house, including bringing in a qualified front office. But with any luck they won't. The media is talking about changes in Foxboro but as long as the Hoodie rules, nothing really changes.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Uh oh...Mac trying to act like he is the Golden Boy after one decent rookie year probably didn't sit well with Hoodie, especially when he tried to go behind his back and get help for the offense...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-mac-jones-went-behind-165651199.html

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This dude is the biggest tool in the nfl. Takes cheap shots, cries like a female dog when he is hit, gets DWIs, and yells at people like he is Brady. Granted, NE did a terrible job with him but he was always going to be blah. 

Love that the Pats and Jets wasted picks on those qbs.  Even if Allen didn’t have elite physical tools, he is millions of miles such a better leader than those 2 entitled d bags.

I can't stand Mac Jones...and I am not a big believer in him and think his ceiling is probably "solid starter".  That being said, I think it is a bit too early to say the Pats wasted a pic on him.  It's actually rather astonishing the Pats have won as many games with Mac the last years given the clown show that has been the Pats organization and the weak cast around him, not to mention no OC. 

Here is how I look at it:  What if NE had DeAndre Hopkins this year and a real OC?  Given what they accomplished without those 2 things, I think it is safe to say they would have made the playoffs given they only needed to win one more game to do so.  

And it's plausible that NE could end up with both Hopkins and an OC this year.  All the talk is Hopkins is going to be traded, and BB gushed over Hopkins and to Hopkins when they played each other earlier this year, so there is already speculation he could end up in NE.  And can't see how they don't hire an actual OC this year.  

But he is a total douche and I can't stand him, so I love seeing Mac flustered and whiney.  

• Agree 2

I gotta imagine Mac is one of the most disliked players in the league. 

dude has one pro bowl because Josh decided not to go, and he thinks he’s a 10 year vet with SB wins and an MVP. 

that’s the problem with younger generations. Not willing to go the long haul and earn credibility and respect. They demand it (and who actually respects someone who demands respect). Get off my lawn!

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I can't stand Mac Jones...and I am not a big believer in him and think his ceiling is probably "solid starter".  That being said, I think it is a bit too early to say the Pats wasted a pic on him.  It's actually rather astonishing the Pats have won as many games with Mac the last years given the clown show that has been the Pats organization and the weak cast around him, not to mention no OC. 

Here is how I look at it:  What if NE had DeAndre Hopkins this year and a real OC?  Given what they accomplished without those 2 things, I think it is safe to say they would have made the playoffs given they only needed to win one more game to do so.  

And it's plausible that NE could end up with both Hopkins and an OC this year.  All the talk is Hopkins is going to be traded, and BB gushed over Hopkins and to Hopkins when they played each other earlier this year, so there is already speculation he could end up in NE.  And can't see how they don't hire an actual OC this year.  

But he is a total douche and I can't stand him, so I love seeing Mac flustered and whiney.  

I respect this but I never liked him. He seemed by far the least talented Bama qb. He has zero elite or even abou e average skills. What high D 1 qb won’t be good at Bama? 

the Pats did him no favors. But he’s an entitled d bag who literally has had like 15% above average nfl starts. He’s a backup talking like a HOFer imo. AJ McCarron with better PR.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Not just among the players. 

One of my favorite moments from last Sunday was when he slid and got hit by not one but two Bills.  Brady and Mahomes get that flag all day long.  I actually expected a flag, and when there was none, Mac got up and walked past the ref and you could see he was saying something as he walked by… and the ref completely ignored him. 

I see from the comments to the article that Pats fans still.have no grip on reality.  Someone suggested Belichick will be able to trade Mac to the Raiders for…. “Derek Carr and a third round pick.” 🤣

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I respect this but I never liked him. He seemed by far the least talented Bama qb. He has zero elite or even abou e average skills. What high D 1 qb won’t be good at Bama? 

the Pats did him no favors. But he’s an entitled d bag who literally has had like 15% above average nfl starts. He’s a backup talking like a HOFer imo. AJ McCarron with better PR.

I agree with you on all this too.  And don't get me wrong, I am not high on Mac Jones either and never have been.  I will say though, during that draft, I thought the best place for him to have a chance to succeed was NE given what they did with another QB who had no elite physical traits too.  But I never felt like he was going to be someone for us to fear either, and still don't.  

But at the same time, they made the playoffs last year with a depleted defense too, and almost made it this year with poor weapons and no OC.  So that was only reason I feel like it is too soon to write him off yet too.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

dude has one pro bowl because Josh decided not to go, and he thinks he’s a 10 year vet with SB wins and an MVP. 

that’s the problem with younger generations. Not willing to go the long haul and earn credibility and respect. They demand it (and who actually respects someone who demands respect). Get off my lawn!

"How do ya like them apples, Superstar?" 😁

Mac Jones is a very unlikeable player. From his dirty onfield tactics, to his sideline rants, to his pouting on and off the field, he's just an a-hole. You start going behind the back of your 6-time with the franchise SB winning coach and you are just asking for trouble. Don't be surprised if NE now too pursues Jimmy G. 

• Agree 1

DeAndre Hopkins has a no-trade clause in his contract. While I'm sure he wants out of Arizona, no way would he waive it for the Patriots. He'd only do that for a team with a good QB in place. Mac Jones would certainly hurt his stats & devalue his next contract, no top WR would ever go the Pats by choice.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, GustheDog33 said:

Simms report seemed pretty thin... Calling who? Mac's brother? McDaniels? O'Brien?  I don't know but it doesn't sound like much here.  Simms isn't my style, so maybe its me, but there just isn't a lot of substance in his quote in the article.

Yea... I would need to know who he was talking to and what they were talking about. 

A teams QB doing everything he can to improve and win more games is normally a good thing.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.