The Bills ended Don Shula’s coaching career with a loss…will they do the same to Belichek?

dollars 2 donuts

I can’t help but think that BB may be out in New England after the 8th. Speculation seems to be that Kraft may want to finally turn the corner.  If not, where do they have to go with him and his crew?

After the ‘95 playoff loss to Buffalo that was it for Don Shula and his much deserved HoF career.

After these 20 years could the Bills put the nail in the coffin for all time super bowl winningest coach?

I would be OK with it.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• dollars 2 donuts changed the title to The Bills ended Don Shula’s coaching career with a loss…will they do the same to Belichek?

I don’t think Belichick is done coaching yet, whether that’s in New England or elsewhere.

I’d be pretty surprised to see him fired, but who knows. I know Kraft has said he’d a PITA to deal with so maybe he does decide to move on. But I still think he’s back for next year at least.

If anything I think we will just see changes to the offensive coaching staff. I’ve heard Belichick is going to bring Bill O’Brien back to be OC.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I highly doubt it. Kraft already lost Golden Boy, I don’t think he’s going to fire Belicheck 

What does he gain by keeping him, though?

With the relative equivalent of 10 seasons Bill is 79-86 (I believe), with 2 playoff appearances (Cleveland in ‘95? And last year) and no division titles.

the emperor has no clothes as we all suspected.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I don’t think Belichick is done coaching yet, whether that’s in New England or elsewhere.

I’d be pretty surprised to see him fired, but who knows. I know Kraft has said he’d a PITA to deal with so maybe he does decide to move on. But I still think he’s back for next year at least.

If anything I think we will just see changes to the offensive coaching staff. I’ve heard Belichick is going to bring Bill O’Brien back to be OC.

That I think is more possible than him being in New England.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I’ve seen speculation by NFL media types that this could happen. It’s very possible depending how their end of season plays out imo. Of course it wouldn’t be reported as such by the team. It would be Bill has decided to “ step aside “ into an advisory role etc etc. would not be reported as a firing. Perhaps a “ retirement from coaching” or something to that effect. It’s pretty clear - even to those of us who can’t stand him- that the Patriot way was Tom Brady. Belichick has reverted to his pre Brady winning percentage. 

Belichick is 32 wins away from passing Shula for most wins all time. As crazy as it seems, I think Kraft will try to let him man the ship until he gets that record.

There May be some concessions Bill has to make - like hiring a real GM, OC and DC- but I think that would happen before Bill gets fired outright.

• Agree 1

I think they agree to part ways one way or another. Either Bill steps away on his own or the Pats flip him for draft picks like the Raiders did Gruden almost 20 years ago. Also, don't be surprised is Kraft goes all in on Sean Payton. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.