The Bills ended Don Shula’s coaching career with a loss…will they do the same to Belichek?

dollars 2 donuts

39 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Tom Flores won with Jim Plunkett a HOF QB . Gibbs I will concede.. lol I always thought Theismann was a HOF QB but I was wrong..  As for Mac Jones I couldn’t fairly judge any QB with the O this year, we could have the second coming of Brady and he would look crappy in this O. (Not saying that is what Jones is, just saying how terrible Patricia is.) 

Plunkett is in the College HOF.  He is not in the Pro HOF, which is what I assume you were referring to.  

Madden was another one until Stabler finally got in. 

1 minute ago, BRH said:

Plunkett is in the College HOF.  He is not in the Pro HOF, which is what I assume you were referring to.  

Madden was another one until Stabler finally got in. 

Damn! That’s a travesty! He wins 2 SB and is SB MVP and isn’t in the HOF.. that’s the case then Eli Manning better not be elected in either. Still say he was an elite QB for his time with the Raiders… 

31 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Damn! That’s a travesty! He wins 2 SB and is SB MVP and isn’t in the HOF.. that’s the case then Eli Manning better not be elected in either. Still say he was an elite QB for his time with the Raiders… 

What are you talking about?  Eli had the two greatest SB victories of all time.  Well…two of the top three.  😜

Edited by BRH
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/26/2022 at 9:46 PM, dollars 2 donuts said:

I can’t help but think that BB may be out in New England after the 8th. Speculation seems to be that Kraft may want to finally turn the corner.  If not, where do they have to go with him and his crew?

After the ‘95 playoff loss to Buffalo that was it for Don Shula and his much deserved HoF career.

After these 20 years could the Bills put the nail in the coffin for all time super bowl winningest coach?

I would be OK with it.

This won't be Belichick's last year unless he quits or forces his way out.

On 12/29/2022 at 2:02 PM, Limeaid said:

If he is a genius like some claim he will be able to do it.

If he is a professional GOAT Cheater who got lucky with Br*dy who was willing to follow his Sith Master to be corrupted then his GM skills will cause his team to spiral down as rats desert ship.

You can't say he got lucky with Brady. He drafted and developed him.

But yeah, after the first four years or so, it was more Brady than Belichick.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

This won't be Belichick's last year unless he quits or forces his way out.

You can't say he got lucky with Brady. He drafted and developed him.

But yeah, after the first four years or so, it was more Brady than Belichick.

I 100% agree with this, only thing I’d change would be the start date for Brady was after the 2007-2008 year.. let’s face it getting Moss for a 4th and Welker for a 2nd and a 7th round pick we’re steals!  After that BB didn’t give him much to work with.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I 100% agree with this, only thing I’d change would be the start date for Brady was after the 2007-2008 year.. let’s face it getting Moss for a 4th and Welker for a 2nd and a 7th round pick we’re steals!  After that BB didn’t give him much to work with.

However, PF, you don’t think there is a feeling with Kraft that the time to move on might be now?

14 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

However, PF, you don’t think there is a feeling with Kraft that the time to move on might be now?

Not this year. Like I said before the team LOST 4 games they should have won.  I think Kraft sees that and will just make BB change a few things like OC.  Now if BB refuses to listen or budge then I could see Kraft showing him the door. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Only way BB is gone is if he retires. The Krafts won’t fire him this year just make him make changes, like hire a real OC.  If the team is bad again next year then they may let him go.. but not until then.  (That’s my opinion of course)

Ok I’ll play. Name ONE HC who didn’t have a   HOF QB that is or will more than likely be. In the HOF?  

Schottenheimer should be in the HOF. He made more out of mediocre lineups and QB play than any coach I can think of. 

Sid Gillman had one HOF QB for one year, Van Brocklin, out of his long and successful career.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Schottenheimer should be in the HOF. He made more out of mediocre lineups and QB play than any coach I can think of. 

Sid Gillman had one HOF QB for one year, Van Brocklin, out of his long and successful career.

Schottenheimer was  damn good coach! As for Sid Gillman I had to go Google him as I had no idea who that was!  LOO

On 12/26/2022 at 4:46 AM, dollars 2 donuts said:

I can’t help but think that BB may be out in New England after the 8th. Speculation seems to be that Kraft may want to finally turn the corner.  If not, where do they have to go with him and his crew?

After the ‘95 playoff loss to Buffalo that was it for Don Shula and his much deserved HoF career.

After these 20 years could the Bills put the nail in the coffin for all time super bowl winningest coach?

I would be OK with it.

RETIREMENT does NOT suck. I'll just throw that in.........

• Awesome! (+1) 2

On 12/29/2022 at 10:43 AM, PatsFanNH said:

Ok I’ll play. Name ONE HC who didn’t have a   HOF QB that is or will more than likely be. In the HOF?  

would Bill Parcels be one? Don’t recall his entire coaching career but I think Phil Simms was his closest QB to Hof caliber. I don’t believe Simms has made it in yet though and he might not.

10 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

would Bill Parcels be one? Don’t recall his entire coaching career but I think Phil Simms was his closest QB to Hof caliber. I don’t believe Simms has made it in yet though and he might not.

Good catch! I thought Simms was in the HOF. Mind you I dislike Parcels as he threw the one SB Bledsoe played in. His 2 championships came about because of one Lawrence Taylor. Probably the greatest LB ever play the game.. and an amazing D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.