Packers release Sammy Watkins

HappyDays

10 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

This would not have worked.  The Bills original pick (before trading up to get Watkins) was #9 and Evans was picked at #7, so he was gone by the time the Bills pick came around.   That said, Odell Beckham, Jr. lasted until the 12th pick, so, theoretically, the Bills could have drafted Beckham without trading up and would have kept all of the draft capital they traded away.

NOTE:  I have not read the thread beyond the post I am responding to, so my apologies if someone else already pointed this out.

no apologies necessary-I should have looked it up before posting - in another reply I had looked up that draft and saw the Evans pick came before the Bills turn..it doesn't really matter as the Bills front office and coaches at the time would have runied whomever we drafted

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

So much talent wasted..

So many first round picks wasted.

So much money by 4 teams wasted.

To think, when Watkins and Hopkins were both at Clemson, everyone was saying how much better Watkins was to his teammate.

Look at Nuk, then look at Sammy....

Sammy career stats: 9 seasons

361 receptions

5265 yards

34 tds

Avg season: 40 receptions 585 yards 3.7 tds career earnings 69.6 million

Dude has been stealing for the last 7 seasons, thank god new regime jettisoned him when they got here.   Overrated from the get go.   And they gave up multiple picks for this turd.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, birdo67 said:

Why do so many people use two periods in an ellipsis these days?  You know that you're putting in more than one, but why stop at two?  INFURIATING.

Well you see..

it may just be a way to infuriate the grammar police.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, birdo67 said:

Why do so many people use two periods in an ellipsis these days?  You know that you're putting in more than one, but why stop at two?  INFURIATING.

AFoOCDT clearly says three.

(Amalgamated Federation of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Types...)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.