NFL Week #15 - Fish at Buffalo - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

20 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Can someone explain how the QBR is calculated, please?

Josh last night - 4 TD, 0 INT, 25/40 at 62.5% for 304, 77 Rushing at 7.7, sacked twice, QBR 54.4

Tua last night - 2 TD, 0 INT,  17/30 at 56.7% for 234, 7 Rushing at 7, sacked twice, QBR 54.0

Admittedly Josh had a couple of fumbles but would they have hurt is QBR to that extent? Mahomes threw three interceptions last week, had -3 for rushing yards, one less touchdown, sacked the same number of times yet got a QBR of 68.3.

I can explain it.

It's a ***** rating system.

That is all.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

A lot of times it’s not pretty but we’re 11-3 and we’re at worst going to finish 13-4 most likely. 

We are going to win the AFC East again and if we can get by the Bengals we will be the # 1 seed for the playoffs. We have won 5 in a row , 3 in a row vs division rivals and every team treats us and the Chiefs like it’s their Super Bowl. 

30 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

It's funny to see the negative reactions, as if the Bills had the game in hand the whole way, as if fans were not complaining all game long about the lack of defensive preparation ... San Francisco's defense dominated Miami, a horribly banged up Chargers defense dominated Miami ... and then the Bills defense performs the way it did last night ... Raheem Mostert looking like a Hall of Famer ... apparently some fans only look at the result and ignore the underlying problems

Some of us just like to win and don't have a pathological need to complain 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I have to eat some crow on Tua. I thought he was a bust but he honestly balled out. At this point it's not a fluke. He can throw down field and is not just a distributor.

I think he relies heavily on Waddle and Hill, but I could once say the same with Allen in regards to Diggs and Beasley. I think he's the second best QB in the division. I am not going to enjoy seeing him twice a year 

I'm still taking Josh Allen over him

He doesn't have the arm that Josh has and is not a threat to bust 45 yard runs. He may be the 2nd best QB in the division but that ain't saying much right now. 

27 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I have to eat some crow on Tua. I thought he was a bust but he honestly balled out. At this point it's not a fluke. He can throw down field and is not just a distributor.

I think he relies heavily on Waddle and Hill, but I could once say the same with Allen in regards to Diggs and Beasley. I think he's the second best QB in the division. I am not going to enjoy seeing him twice a year 

I'm still taking Josh Allen over him

Why do you and many others refer to the Miami QB as Tua like he has earned the right like Shaq, or Kobe but refer to a far far far superior QB of the Bills as Allen or Josh Allen.

Even the great Dan Marino never earned that right. Few players in the world earn that reverence, certainly not today's Miami QB. 

6 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Why do you and many others refer to the Miami QB as Tua like he has earned the right like Shaq, or Kobe but refer to a far far far superior QB of the Bills as Allen or Josh Allen.

Even the great Dan Marino never earned that right. Few players in the world earn that reverence, certainly not today's Miami QB. 

Okay….you start…try spelling his last name. 😉

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Sorry, probably covered in the previous 30 pages but why did McDaniel wait until there were 39 seconds left to use his 2nd timeout  ?

Too busy worrying about snowballs, icicles and the yeti hunting his players. 

• Haha (+1) 3

8 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

You post inferred that we needed a DPI to win. In other words without it we wouldn’t have won. If another team gets a legit call to win, did they not earn it? Your post was stupid. Plain and simple. The only part worth anything was that there are things to clean up. 

Your first sentence is correct, the DPI was a massive contribution to the win (along with the sudden snow).

It's not stupid, it's plain and simple facts that describe the two key elements of the comeback win. 

When looking for a team to be a super bowl champ, you cant be reliant on weather and penalties... plain and simple. 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

11 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Dude, I'm saying Tua isn't a complete bust like I thought. 

Of course Allen is better, but I don't think it's crazy to identify that Tua has a gear above what Mac Jones and Zach Wilson/Mike White/Joe Flacco are offering our other division rivals 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

I think it’s because people can’t spell his surname.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

You can’t teach common sense and you can’t fix stupid. There is no fixing you.

It's honestly incredible people like you are so fragile to merely talk about a game. 

Great cliff hanger. Fact.

Penalty and weather the two key elements of the win.  Fact. 

Team out of sync still.  Fact.

Need to clean up stuff to win the SB. Fact.

The fact you take issue with any of that and feel the need to call it stupid does nothing other than reveal you have the emotional intelligence of a toddler. 

• Disagree 1

Man watching the end of this game again on NFL network before the pre game starts. How big was that play Elam makes. You almost forget that Taron Johnson gives up that huge play down the sideline and the Dolphins are right there to take the lead. That 2nd down pass to Hill that Elam is all

over for a 3 yard loss might have saved this game. Can the guy just start and play an entire game next to White? It’s not as if Dane Jackson has been so good you can’t take him off the field. If anything it’s been the opposite. 27-24 the rest of the way. Cmon wake up here

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Man watching the end of this game again on NFL network before the pre game starts. How big was that play Elam makes. You almost forget that Taron Johnson gives up that huge play down the sideline and the Dolphins are right there to take the lead. That 2nd down pass to Hill that Elam is all

over for a 3 yard pass might have saved this game. Can the guy just start and play an entire game next to White? It’s not as if Dane Jackson has been so good you can’t take him off the field. If anything it’s been the opposite. 27-24 the rest of the way. Cmon wake up here

I am a big Elam supporter, but he must learn to tackle

• Like (+1) 1

Some day after thoughts here

1) Tre lost at least one step, if not more. With ACLs it can take 2 years to regain full explosion. Right now the Bills have one of the worst secondaries in the league 

2) Dorsey has a really tough job. He’s got an elite QB, a good set of skills players. If Allen had a decent OLije and this team might score 80% of its drives. But he has a really bad one, and how to manage this offense is complicated as *****.  Do you limit the routes and ask these guys to run mostly short stuff or do you trust Allen to be magical and continue to run the longer developing stuff, and get him to make absurd throws on the run after his protection fails after 2 seconds if not immediately?

3) the bills have one of the best front 7s in the league that’s being hamstrung by its corner play. The Phins have a decent OLine, but the Bills can still held Tua to almost 50% (17-30), and that’s because on a bunch of plays they got some pressure on him or the Bills linebackers took away easy throws - but those outside yards were there

4) fortunately for the Bills, no one else has the unique threats that stress the corners like the Dolphins present. They’ve somehow captured the two best deep threats in the league

5) the Bengals are flat out more talented than this roster. Gonna have to be on Allen

6) forget drafting WR. The Bills need to draft/FA picking a starting RT, LG, and another corner who’s a 4.3 - 4.4 guy and convert Tre to a nickel or safety, unless he regains speed this off-season. Think he can be an elite safety, but as a corner without his normal initial burst he’s just average at best. You fix the oline and think we’re fine at WR

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.