RIP Mike Leach - Mississippi State Head Coach passes away from acute medical issue a few days ago

Big Turk

35 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...this really sucks...

RIP Mike Leach. 

Man, how'd you like to have Mike Leach's kidneys

Since this seems to be rubbing people the wrong way, I just want to point out that I think it's great that he donated organs (I am signed up to donate my own) and this is not a dig at Leach, only a joke about his reputation as a prolific drinker of soda / cola.

Edited by Captain Caveman
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

RIP Coach Leach.  He was a true original in the game of football and will be missed. 

There was a noted poster on TBD, "The Senator" who used to talk him up as a Bills HC candidate that is also no longer with us.  

RIP Senator as well.  

Wow.  I was gone for a few years here and didn’t realize The Senator had passed. :(

Crazy how fragile life is. Coaching and seems fine a week ago to this 

as much as they get paid, I would have no desire to ever be a big time coach. The stress is crazy and fans are constantly calling for your job. Seemed like Leach had a pretty good attitude about things but were there questions about his health before? 

25 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

RIP Coach Leach.  He was a true original in the game of football and will be missed. 

There was a noted poster on TBD, "The Senator" who used to talk him up as a Bills HC candidate that is also no longer with us.  

RIP Senator as well.  

Wow had no idea about the senator. Definitely remember him leaving Leach. Great, funny poster. That is really sad to hear. 😢

For those interested, the book 

“The Perfect Pass” by S.C. Gwynne is an amazing look at The Air Raid Offense. There is some talk about the coaching tree that Mike Leach comes from, and what an innovative mind he had, not only for football, but for life. 

The football world has lost an innovator and a great mind. 

REST IN PASSING, Coach Leach!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

RIP Senator as well.  

May they both be enjoying time together.  RIP.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.