If the offense keeps struggling does Dorsey get fired ?

BuffaloBills1998

1 minute ago, without a drought said:

I'm not sure when,  but I know why.

Unrealistic expectations for a lot of them.

And the rest are just miserable no matter what.

It’s the pressure on the team and fan base of never winning the Super Bowl.

And the desire to erase the memory of 13-seconds ASAP.

Fans can accept that in 2020 we weren’t ready. But 2021 was different, we climbed the mountain and got pushed back down the hill. 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Bad Things said:

We're 10 and 3, for crying out loud!

When did Bills fans become so bloody miserable?

You new here? 😄 This place is always absurd, if we are awful some people believe we are one piece from a SB. Also you should not have that name without a picture of Bruce as your Avatar.

4 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

You new here? 😄 This place is always absurd, if we are awful some people believe we are one piece from a SB. Also you should not have that name without a picture of Bruce as your Avatar.

That's the thing. 

I've been coming here since the 90's and don't recall ever reading so many negative posts... even during the dark ages!

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It’s the pressure on the team and fan base of never winning the Super Bowl.

And the desire to erase the memory of 13-seconds ASAP.

Fans can accept that in 2020 we weren’t ready. But 2021 was different, we climbed the mountain and got pushed back down the hill. 

As life goes on I've become someone who has learned to enjoy the journey of life more than the destination or end goal. 

Everyone is different, but too many things are missed along the way if you don't pay attention to the present.

My big bugbear with the offense, and maybe it's more specifically Josh - what's happened with him taking with what's on offer? Before the bye we seemed to have a bit of everything, particularly in passing plays. The defense gives us short plays, we took them; someone got free deep, Josh threw it. Now, we seem to be overlooking this for deep shots more often that not. There seems to be no ease with our offensive play now. Everything is a challenge.

Deep Breath everyone. Isn't it obvious that Josh and company have the ability to turn it off and on throughout the season? They did the same thing last year with empty sets, then refocusing on the run game and developing /improving heavy sets. Everyone was freaked out but it became apparent that the team was working on it's weaknesses and trying to get to the playoffs at a peak. Look at the end of year / playoffs last year... They put together everything they had learned and developed throughout the year into one of the premier offenses ever in those few games that mattered the most. One of McDermott's mantras is continual improvement, which literally in the business world sometimes means deconstructing, assessing realities, performing at less than optimal production in order to take the time to develop greater capacity, efficiency, and competency in the long run. I do believe that is what we are witnessing... Hence Josh's "Okay" near eye roll answer the other day.  Can we support our team now please?!?!

On 12/12/2022 at 8:56 AM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Might be a terrible take to some, but this is starting to remind me of the raiders back in 17 when Carr got Musgrave booted out of a job because he wanted his friend Downing to be his OC and after that happened their offense started out strong but after the Washington game they completely collapsed. I’m starting to see a similar pattern here with Dorsey and Josh. It started out great and now it’s come to somewhat of a stop. Even though Allen and company are still making things work to a degree. I do wonder though if the offense continues to struggle, is there a possibility that Dorsey gets fired or demoted??

If we look really bad in the playoffs and have a quick departure, for sure I would expect someone to pay the price for that.

I'm hoping we go the opposite direction and light up in the playoffs with a solid push...

I don't think he's in any danger of being fired. At times the play calls aren't the greatest but more often than not it's been the offense misfiring with drops, penalities and turnovers. It's frustrating to see those things still happening fairly regularly this far into the season. 

I wish Ken would get a little more creative but it was said that Daboll's playbook was dense and the terminology was quite a bit. I think they wanted to simplify things a bit more for this season. 

That said, some of their game plans have seemed a bit odd. The Rams game, for instance, was a well-called game with the quick passes to negate their pass rush. In some games where they've played teams with equal pass rushes they've stuck with their usual plays and haven't switched to the quick throws. And then you see stuff like the Jets being vulnerable over the middle but the Bills only targeted that area four times. 

It's a weird spot to be in. When Daboll was here and they'd try to change up the offense depending on opponent, people would clamor that they were getting away from their identity and needed to stick to their bread and butter. And now it's kind of in this vice versa space where some are feeling like they're sticking with their main stuff too often and not adjusting to what their opponent is doing. 

It's a process, and dapgummit, y'all are gonna trust it 

This is ridiculous. He is a rookie OC. The only previous experience he has was for a high school team. With all the injuries, we're still 10 and 3, two losses of 3 points and one loss of 2 points. We've been in every game and could have been 13-0. What's needed is everyone healthy and solid play from the offensive line. It would be nice if they would make the offensive line the priority in the draft. Give Kromer some fresh young buffaloes. 

Hopefully. Not his fault, he's a rookie and it's only natural that it will take him time to learn, but Buffalo is the wrong situation for that. Buffalo is a team pushed to the cap that's operating in a window. Upgrade everything that can be upgraded, especially the stuff with no cap implications

Edited by pigpen65

Bills offense:

4th in DVOA
2nd in YPG

4th in PPG
6th in Passing YPG

8th in Rushing YPG

With what most agree is a less than ideal receiving corps (outside of Stefon Diggs) and an average to below average offensive line.

Bills are 10-3 and the AFC 1 Seed. 

FIRE DORSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/12/2022 at 9:21 AM, TFBillsfan said:

Seriously…yes Dorsey needs to improve. However, so do many players on the offense.

Yesterday alone, their were 5 big drops that impacted the game and were very catchable. McKenzie dropped two that would have resulted in 1st downs, then add in Smoke, Knox and Devin. 

Cook didn’t even block his guy on a quick pass to Diggs.

This team has to address offense this offseason. OL and WR (especially slot) are major needs.  Your not firing your OC with a top 5 offense.

Make no mistake he has to get better though and you expect with more experience he will.

On that pass to Diggs I wish they would put Knox and Davis out there to block for him. Waste of time with Cook.

On 12/13/2022 at 1:23 PM, UKBillFan said:

My big bugbear with the offense, and maybe it's more specifically Josh - what's happened with him taking with what's on offer? Before the bye we seemed to have a bit of everything, particularly in passing plays. The defense gives us short plays, we took them; someone got free deep, Josh threw it. Now, we seem to be overlooking this for deep shots more often that not. There seems to be no ease with our offensive play now. Everything is a challenge.

New scheme since Dorsey is putting together a new offense and is not following Daboll. Also Outside of Diggs I don’t think Allen trusts any of his receivers. Davis has been a disappointment this season

5 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

On that pass to Diggs I wish they would put Knox and Davis out there to block for him. Waste of time with Cook.

I noticed on the Bills/Jets replay tonight Cook also missed a chip block with Brown that resulted in an easy sack when the Bills were at midfield.

It’s the little things but they add up. Similar to when McKenzie dropped a pretty easy pass on 3rd and 5 that would have resulted in a first down. Instead they had to settle for a FG.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.