TNF- Raiders @ Rams

T&C

Just now, WyoAZBillfan said:

Sure, and it even gets called occasionally. Maxx should go to the hospital, he got raped nearly every down he was out there. Aside from the DPI, that did get called or defensive holdings after great plays. Rewatch the Raider D plays. 

Hey I agree with you.  

I hope our OTs are taking everything they can get - flat out mug guys until it gets called.  

You just can’t let that happen - expect to not get calls - always.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

So Mayfield is a better player when he plays off instincts.

I guess it makes sense to some. KISS principle.

Watch him play terrible as the playbook is learnt 

I think going on instinct and ad-libbing was Mayfield's MO going back to college.  I think it was a siginicant part of his success in his rookie season, too.   If McVay is smart enough to realize that Baker does best when he has the option to ad-lib and nurtures that, the Rams may have found themselves a QB while scavenging on the NFL waiver wire! 

1 minute ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Are you really going to claim the Rams put on an offensive display of power there? 

No.  

This is a lesson - things can go south on the field real quick.  Bad calls.  No calls.  13 seconds.   

You can’t let it spiral you have to find a way.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

No worse.

So just as bad with or without him with those all-star QBs on their roster.  Got it.  

No he's not at that level but they have very little on the QB room that did anything prior to all of their trades.

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, Dan said:

This is only my 2nd Thursday night game I’ve watched this season.  Mostly because i wanted to see if last week’s broadcast was the anomaly. 

But is it the way Amazon is filming/capturing stadium sound?  Is it Al Michaels just sounding old and tired?  Is it just poor play on Thursday (although Bills and Patsies both had a full week to prepare)?   I’m not sure, but this is about the worst NFL Broadcasting I’ve ever seen.  (Only reason its still on is I’m in a hotel room listening while doing work)

Yup I can understand background noise lol. Have a good night and Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

No.  

This is a lesson - things can go south on the field real quick.  Bad calls.  No calls.  13 seconds.   

You can’t let it spiral you have to find a way.  

No calls, bad calls and yes 13 seconds Chan be avoided with a good defense. Great defense wouldn’t let it go to that point. 
This is why it’s so fun to watch, as you said it can go south, and fast!

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

So just as bad with or without him with those all-star QBs on their roster.  Got it.  

No he's not at that level but they have very little on the QB room that did anything prior to all of their trades.

They were 1-5 with him and his league worst QBR of 16.8. 

They did him a favor as a rebuilding team, first by getting him away from Cleveland, then by allowing him a fresh start elsewhere by releasing him.

LOL Thursday nite crew understandably critical of Las Vegas Raiders Defensive Coordinator Patrick Graham

Fitz: “Their defensive coordinator went to Yale” (Pretty standard Harvard guy dunk)

I looked it up.  Patrick Graham did, in fact, attend Yale University.

I’m actually pretty impressed that Fitz knew that (or looked it up quickly)

Richard Sherman was pretty animated about the coverage LV played at the end of the game

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

No chance Carr sees that $35 mill mext season.

I don’t think he was ever going to see it. It’s known that McDaniels wants to get rid of him. If they send Carr packing they’re likely going to have to do a Dolphins type of strip down of the roster and trade assets away for picks. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

Wow, just for kicks - I listened to Chris Simms and Mike Florio predict Raiders at Rams

Link

Gives a different perspective on their predictive abilities LOL

Essentially thought it was idiocy to have Mayfield play after 2 days, and were predicting a Rams meltdown on the sidelines

Thought the Carr-Adams connection was humming and the Raiders were cruising to victory

Edited by Beck Water

43 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Terrible loss for the Raiders.

they did everything to screw that up!

1) Couldn’t clinch on an ill advised 3rd & 1- fouling up the clock as well.

2) Dumbass Ray-Duh swatting the ball out on a sack! Thus losing 15yards AND stopping the clock! 

A Clown Gong Show!

They jumped Offside on a punt too... just a lot of undisciplined penalties.

Carr earlier in the game drove them all the way down to the door step and lobbed that 5 yrd pass into the waiting arms of defenders in the EZ.

Other than playing up the Mayfield angle, that was a hard game to watch.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t think he was ever going to see it. It’s known that McDaniels wants to get rid of him. If they send Carr packing they’re likely going to have to do a Dolphins type of strip down of the roster and trade assets away for picks. 

Do you think McDaniels has actually performed and hired coordinators who have performed in a way that’s earned him the cred to strip down the roster and throw Carr out of town?

• Like (+1) 1

Hell yeah Baker!! You might be looking at LA’s starting QB in 2023 if Stafford retires. Good for him for always believing in himself and never giving up. Kurt Warner-level stuff there.

But holy hell Raiders D…how do you give up that stupid penalty after the sack and then play press-coverage at the end? Baker didn’t need to know the playbook…he just threw a go route and Jefferson came down w it

18 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Do you think McDaniels has actually performed and hired coordinators who have performed in a way that’s earned him the cred to strip down the roster and throw Carr out of town?

Generally, giving McDaniels such sweeping power is a reach.

Specifically, though, giving McDaniels the power to move on from Carr is VITAL.

4 minutes ago, dancing_joker said:

Hell yeah Baker!! You might be looking at LA’s starting QB in 2023 if Stafford retires. Good for him for always believing in himself and never giving up. Kurt Warner-level stuff there.

But holy hell Raiders D…how do you give up that stupid penalty after the sack and then play press-coverage at the end? Baker didn’t need to know the playbook…he just threw a go route and Jefferson came down w it

Baker threw a handful of good-looking passes tonight. I have never rooted for the guy, given his dooshy bro-privilege college and Cheesecake Factory antics, but...I have always, almost, reluctantly respected his moxy.  

Edited by Richard Noggin

23 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Well seeing Davis doesn’t have much of a choice financially wise since he’s still paying Gruden and Del Rio I say yes. If Carr goes you can bet a lot of players including Jacobs will be moving on as well

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Derek Carr 11/20 137 yards 2 INTS 0 TDS and a QBR of 36.9 and some people on this board thinks he’s a good QB lol. And this is with a HOF WR in Adams, Hollins, Renfrow and arguably the best tailback in the game in Josh Jacobs. He’s not even a number 2 QB at this point

It’s embarrassing. Thank god I’m not a Raiders fan. I assume they cut Carr next year but good luck striking QB gold 

1 hour ago, dancing_joker said:

Skip Bayless is somewhere telling Shannon Sharpe " I told you so!! " 😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, dancing_joker said:

It’s embarrassing. Thank god I’m not a Raiders fan. I assume they cut Carr next year but good luck striking QB gold 

They have to cut him before next season otherwise they’ll owe him 35 million fully guaranteed next season if they keep him. 

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Skip Bayless is somewhere telling Shannon Sharpe " I told you so!! " 😂😂😂

He did on twitter

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

How does almost the exact same script play out in back to back prime time games like this??? Two 17-16 games where a team who managed to only score 3 points the whole game til the last 4-5 minutes then pulls off back to back TDs to win with seconds left. I’m back to back prime time games tho. A statistical anomaly for sure.

Hmmm, very true. Perhaps we are at an inflection point in the vibration of time. From now on Brady will be more Baker and Baker will be more Brady. Biden will get younger... And the Bills will win four straight Super Bowls as bell bottoms return.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Derek Carr 11/20 137 yards 2 INTS 0 TDS and a QBR of 36.9 and some people on this board thinks he’s a good QB lol. And this is with a HOF WR in Adams, Hollins, Renfrow and arguably the best tailback in the game in Josh Jacobs. He’s not even a number 2 QB at this point

Derek Carr is Tannehill is Derek Carr 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.