No criminal charges against Araiza

Big Blitz

Just now, DapperCam said:

That isn’t what it means. It means they know it is a he-said she-said (as these frequently are) and there isn’t a good chance they will win in court. Doesn’t mean she’s full of crap at all. If they didn’t have good physical evidence, or camera footage, or other evidence like witnesses then there isn’t much they can do.

How would you interpret her comments caught on video that she was "planning to add more than 1 to her body count that night"?  

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Basically it sounds like they concluded the girl is full of crap and that Araiza didn't do anything wrong.

No. They decided they couldn't prove it in a court of law. 

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

would he want to come back to the bills. I realize they had to do what they had to do but, it could have left bad vibes and he signs elsewhere?

Good question. I would think they left on as good of terms as possible. If he’s reasonable, he has to understand the Bills had no choice to do what they did. I think even Beane said they were telling him to go focus on that for now and not worry about football. Maybe that means they left the door open for a return. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

It DOES matter in California:

1) Mistake of age: If you honestly and reasonably believed that the person you had sex with was over 18 at the time you had sex, you can’t be convicted under California statutory rape law.

https://quinnanlaw.com/sexual-assault/california-statutory-rape/#:~:text=1) Mistake of age%3A If,under California statutory rape law.

Thank you both for the effort of digging those out again. After arguing about it for 10+ pages in the original thread I just couldn’t do it. 😮💨

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Basically it sounds like they concluded the girl is full of crap and that Araiza didn't do anything wrong.

No, it just means they don't have enough evidence to convict him. The hardest thing to do is say "I don't know" but that's all we can do in this case.

I won't be surprised if Araiza lands with a team next year, but I highly doubt he'll ever be a Bill again.

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Probably didn't help her case when she was caught on video saying she was planning to "add more than 1 to her body count" that night before any of it happened.  Kinda shows she had an agenda for being there while lying and claiming was in college even tho she was underage and still in high school.

Perhaps. I'm not here to defend her actions. She certainly could be young, dumb, and wasted beyond memory. That's usually a good target for young drunk college boys with raging hormones. Jaimes Winston would concur. 

I'd hold off on making any proclamations one way or the other until it is known what happens in the civil suit.

DeCreep Watson wasn't criminally prosecuted yet still paid a lot of money because of his creepism.

Now, if the civil suit is dropped without a payment the kid (Araiza) should certainly be given a 2nd chance at a pro career.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. K said:

No. They decided they couldn't prove it in a court of law. 

Probably because she was caught on video saying she was looking to add more than 1 to her body count that night...pretty hard to not to overlook this as a setup.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

How would you interpret her comments caught on video that she was "planning to add more than 1 to her body count that night"?  

What does that have to do with anything? The accusation was a violent gang rape. Consent can be withdrawn at any time even if she was of age and initially into it (which allegedly she wasn’t). I doubt any video like you are describing had anything to do with a trial not going forward.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

the way they worded it is that they couldn’t secure a conviction, not that they didn’t have any case 

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

the way they worded it is that they couldn’t secure a conviction, not that they didn’t have any case 

So they had an exceptionally weak case with no chance at a conviction.

Sounds like you’re splitting hairs.

Without being privy to all the details this is just another rush to judgment tried in the social media land of justice.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

What does that have to do with anything? The accusation was a violent gang rape. Consent can be withdrawn at any time even if she was of age and initially into it (which allegedly she wasn’t). I doubt any video like you are describing had anything to do with a trial not going forward.

So you are telling me if a guy went out to a bar looking for a fight and then you found out later he got in a fight and ended up in the hospital that you would be saying he played no part in that happening?