I'm glad we have McDermott

Success

3 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Not a fan of his defense. Yes the offense sucked today but the defense is a huge reason why we haven't made super bowl yet 

Our playoff defense in the 90's sucked and so far McD's playoff defense looks just as embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

I am happy to die on this hill. It would be the biggest mistake in decades to fire McD now. 

I'll pick out the casket.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Our playoff defense in the 90's sucked and so far McD's playoff defense looks just as embarrassing. 

It’s Fraziers defense 

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'll pick out the casket.

You fire McD, you blow up the entire team and start over. You wanna do that?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Yeah, baby TBD member, pile on why don't you... 🤡

He's not wrong. 

McDermott has had piss poor excuses for poor leadership since he came here. Poor decisions all over the place. 

2017: The San Diego game where they started Peterman and the entire team revolted in the locker room to nearly having a fight? The entire team was pissed and messaging during the game how pissed they were.

2021: Chiefs game where he preached accountability and the defense failed and he didn't say *****. Then the special teams didn't coordinate with his direction and he refused to take credit? Meanwhile the offense and defense about coming to blows int he locker room - Hughes being shunned by the team because of his leadership disagreement with McD?

I'm not going to let you run down a new member when you don't know what you're talking about.

• Agree 5

Just now, boyst said:

He's not wrong. 

McDermott has had piss poor excuses for poor leadership since he came here. Poor decisions all over the place. 

2017: The San Diego game where they started Peterman and the entire team revolted in the locker room to nearly having a fight? The entire team was pissed and messaging during the game how pissed they were.

2021: Chiefs game where he preached accountability and the defense failed and he didn't say *****. Then the special teams didn't coordinate with his direction and he refused to take credit? Meanwhile the offense and defense about coming to blows int he locker room - Hughes being shunned by the team because of his leadership disagreement with McD?

I'm not going to let you run down a new member when you don't know what you're talking about.

He is a top-10 coach and will be here for many years to come. Seethe and cope. 

Using the Peterman thing after SIX YEARS is such a pathetic grasping at straws example it’s not worth discussion. 

Edited by Roundybout
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

How are there still McD defenders after how the last 3 years ended? 

We love him because he came in at a time when we were on the upswing. And he seems like a nice guy. 

we went 13-3, so it would be crazy to even consider right? 

bull####. This team is not the drought bills. But we’re paper tigers at best. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I am happy to die on this hill. It would be the biggest mistake in decades to fire McD now. 

Well, I am usually more right then wrong. I wanted marrone one more season to get us into shape. I hated Ryan. I wanted McDermott gone 2 years ago and especially after last year.

I wanted daboll to get it, retain Dorsey who I like. Fire Frazier.

Now I want McDermott run out of town. I don't care who is next. Anyone is better than him wasting our talent for 3 years. 

• Like (+1) 3

well some of it has to be on Beane  He's the architect for the roster  Obviously they failed greatly in addressing the pass rush and once again neglected the O line.  Clearly Cincy was outright dominant not only on the line of scrimmage but their skill guys exposed the Bills tackling even more  This is a physically soft team besides the qb

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

He is a top-10 coach and will be here for many years to come. Seethe and cope. 

Using the Peterman thing after SIX YEARS is such a pathetic grasping at straws example it’s not worth discussion. 

Is it?  It was the start of the ***** show. I can come back to what happened in the locker room last year...

Did you know there was almost a fist fight? Did you know Hughes called out the coach in front of the team?  Did you know McDermott didn't have an answer for his team and then went on camera and played it off like it all goes to him? 

You didn't, did you? H

He's a fraud. 

Edit. Cool a top 10 coach. I love being average. 

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Well, I am usually more right then wrong. I wanted marrone one more season to get us into shape. I hated Ryan. I wanted McDermott gone 2 years ago and especially after last year.

I wanted daboll to get it, retain Dorsey who I like. Fire Frazier.

Now I want McDermott run out of town. I don't care who is next. Anyone is better than him wasting our talent for 3 years. 

You do not fire a very good head coach, who guided the team through a once-in-a-lifetime event, after a 13-3 season, in which we were the top team by nearly every advanced statistic, after this. You simply do not. 

Is it?  It was the start of the ***** show. I can come back to what happened in the locker room last year...

Did you know there was almost a fist fight? Did you know Hughes called out the coach in front of the team?  Did you know McDermott didn't have an answer for his team and then went on camera and played it off like it all goes to him? 

You didn't, did you? H

He's a fraud. 

I'll need a source for any of that that's not hearsay. 

Just now, Roundybout said:

You do not fire a very good head coach, who guided the team through a once-in-a-lifetime event, after a 13-3 season, in which we were the top team by nearly every advanced statistic, after this. You simply do not. 

I'll need a source for any of that that's not hearsay. 

I can't give a source of first hand knowledge.  Instead, I will let someone else speak up and vouch that I have contacts.  

Sorry bub

• Haha (+1) 1

You didn't, did you? H

He's a fraud. 

I said this in the game day thread, but when he was clapping like a maniac at a 2nd down stop when Cincy was in the red zone, I felt a rage.

He’s like that boss everyone likes because he doesn’t hold anyone accountable and sends a “great job! Appreciate you!” email after you do the most mundane task at work. The employees love that for a while, then get sick of underperforming. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

Sweet, let's go and gamble on a Matt Ruhle just because the grass is always greener. Hell, let's make Rex the head coach again. 

Just now, Perry Turtle said:

Bills defense has given up 93 points the last 3 playoff games.  There needs to be accountability for that, and it needs to start with coaching. However that plays out remains to be seen, but without accountability this team will not win a Super Bowl.

Frazier. 

I can't give a source of first hand knowledge.  Instead, I will let someone else speak up and vouch that I have contacts.  

Sorry bub

Well go ask your "sources" about how the team handled the Damar situation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

He's Marv Levy - a ton of talent without the ability to win it and by the time it gets figured out, we will have wasted the prime years of a QB that is generational. I like Mcdermit but like the 90's, if a Parcels or Gibbs was the HC, the Bills have a few Lombardi's. The cycle continues, ask yourself, if Reid or (and I even hate saying this) Belliches was the HC - the Bills probably already have the parade route ready,

Just my take 

Edited by ren1701
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, ren1701 said:

He's Marv Levy - a ton of talent without the ability to win it and by the time it gets figured out, we will have wasted the prime years of a QB that is generational. I like Mcdermit but like the 90's, if a Parcels or Gibbs was the HC, the Bills have a few Lombardi's. The cycle continues, ask yourself, if Reid or (and I even hate saying this) Belliches was the HC - the Bills probably already have the parade route ready,

Just my take 

Neither Kelly or Josh are generational.

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Sweet, let's go and gamble on a Matt Ruhle just because the grass is always greener. Hell, let's make Rex the head coach again. 

Frazier. 

No. You don't gamble on this. You lay out a plan. You have a formula. 

After McDermott has shown several times he is not the answer over the last 6 years you have a redundancy plan. 

That redundancy plan is another coach in the wing to move up. It's a pack of dynamite to start over.

Blowing it up now is better than having don Shula.

12 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Mcclappy and Beane ruined their shot with 13 seconds 

Retooling both lines is gonna be some work 

It wouldn't be if they had identified this 5 years ago.  Josh has had a garbage OL forever.  We've been begging for drafting better Olineman around Josh. Instead McD insists on drafting failed DE's.  If you're all content with Marty Schottenheimer,  guess what you got him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, boyst said:

He's not wrong. 

have never heard any of this

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It wouldn't be if they had identified this 5 years ago.  Josh has had a garbage OL forever.  We've been begging for drafting better Olineman around Josh. Instead McD insists on drafting failed DE's.  If you're all content with Marty Schottenheimer,  guess what you got him.

I’d like to know how much of the draft falls on Beane vs McD, because the drafts have been bad. 

3 minutes ago, ren1701 said:

Just my take 

100% true. Most people here are in denial about it but we will never win anything here with McD.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/6/2022 at 11:13 AM, Success said:

That's it. I'm not even sure this is worth a thread, but after watching coaching all season, and particularly this past weekend and last night - it's pretty clear we have a good one in McD.  ALL coaches make mistakes and have moments you can point to that are sub-par, but on balance, this coaching staff is well-prepared, gameplans well & makes good adjustments.  

Around the rest of the league, the coaching is just bad.  There are obviously some good ones, but it's a pretty small group.  I'd put McDermott in the top 5 right now.

McD is out coached on a regular basis, his game time play calling and adjustments are very bad. We have arguably the worst group on offensive coaches in the NFL. Best case scenario is Frazer and Dorsey being signed as HC’s. Both will fail miserably as HC’s. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

No. You don't gamble on this. You lay out a plan. You have a formula. 

After McDermott has shown several times he is not the answer over the last 6 years you have a redundancy plan. 

That redundancy plan is another coach in the wing to move up. It's a pack of dynamite to start over.

Blowing it up now is better than having don Shula.

He's the answer to me. Who do you want as a replacement? How do you get players to buy in to completely blowing it up again? Diggs is basically gone if you do that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Whats this about?

I think he's talking about the aftermath of the 13 seconds game.

McD preaches taking ownership of your own mistakes and it all has to start with yourself, etc...but he totally dodged every bullet he could after the 13 second game.  He didn't own up to the utter failure of the whole thing at all at the post game PC, and then they fired the special teams coordinator, using him as the scapegoat.

I'd be willing to bet the guy is nothing like what he publicly appears to be, but I don't know.  I don't know him at all.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

100% true. Most people here are in denial about it but we will never win anything here with McD.

Agreed. I haven't looked him since day one. All this culture and family BS only get you so far. Eventually you need to out X and O a guy in a big game. When is the last time we have done that?

Just now, Roundybout said:

He's the answer to me. Who do you want as a replacement? How do you get players to buy in to completely blowing it up again? Diggs is basically gone if you do that. 

Diggs can go. 

• Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, ren1701 said:

Just my take 

Marv is 100% the reason we lost SB 25.

Thurman Thomas: 135 yards rushing. On FIFTEEN touches. Give him the all 25 times, hell, 20!, and we win. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Agreed. I haven't looked him since day one. All this culture and family BS only get you so far. Eventually you need to out X and O a guy in a big game. When is the last time we have done that?

Diggs can go. 

You people have brain worms. "Our top-3 stud receiver who Josh loves can just leave." Absolute insanity. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.