I'm glad we have McDermott

Success

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Because it's the truth.  You're obsessed about it.  Why don't you create another attention seeking thread complaining about something again?

you're talking to a guy who bumped his own thread twice over two days because not a single person was interested in it anymore.  he dislikes mcd with is fine, but the lengths he goes to let us know is laughable.  

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Asked a question and again you try and turn it on me.  

And you happily absolve him (or say sh!t happens)?

They were 9-7, quit pretending it was the greatest coaching feat ever.  The prior year they were 7-7 and were eliminated in week 16 in OT (btw a last minute TD vs. Miami) and then Rex was fired and no one cared the following week.  

He did not turnaround a 4-12 team.

Rex took over a decent team and made it worse. McD took over a crap team and made it better.  I dont care what record we were when we made the playoffs.  9-7 is a respecticble record for a first year coach with no QB.  No other coach did that for Buffalo since Wade Phillips.

The questions still stands... how many coaches get to the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor and Kelvin Benjamine.  Ill add in Zay Jones and Nate Peterman to be fair.

7 minutes ago, teef said:

you're talking to a guy who bumped his own thread twice over two days because not a single person was interested in it anymore.  he dislikes mcd with is fine, but the lengths he goes to let us know is laughable.  

He won't rest until everyone dislikes McDermott like he does.  We have to think like him.

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Rex took over a decent team and made it worse. McD took over a crap team and made it better.  I dont care what record we were when we made the playoffs.  9-7 is a respecticble record for a first year coach with no QB.  No other coach did that for Buffalo since Wade Phillips.

The questions still stands... how many coaches get to the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor and Kelvin Benjamine.  Ill add in Zay Jones and Nate Peterman to be fair.

Our #1 and #2 WR that year were Deonte Thompson and Kelvin Benjamin.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You say Potato, I say Potatoe.  Rex took over a great D, made it worse and improved the O.  McD turned it around again and had no idea what to do with the O and they were terrible for the first two years and particularly point differential. 

I've said McD has improved, time will tell if he get's to the top of the mountain which should be the goal this year (and for the next 5-7 too).

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

He won't rest until everyone dislikes McDermott like he does.  We have to think like him.

if you like mcd, he calls you an "apologist".  not to say the guy is without his warts, but i just don't buy into the fact that mcd isn't good enough because he hasn't won a super bowl yet.  it may come to that, but to deny he's a good coach just doesn't make much sense to me.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

But can we all agree that vs. KC there were multiple errors and all McD (or him in collaboration with the coaching staff) needed to do was make one correct one and they win?

Compound that with offering no defense during OT (which we continue to see too often with long drives and bend not break strategy that cost the Bills the Jets & Minny game). 

Yeah, I do put 13 seconds on McD.  Not the kickoff but the ensuing two defensive plays.  Even though the players did the wrong thing, McD used timeouts and he had two attempts to drill into the players heads on how to be in the right position.  Two plays does not define a coach.  The Jets and Minny games are on the players.  They were in position to make the plays and thats all a coach can do... get the players in position to suceed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

if you like mcd, he calls you an "apologist".  not to say the guy is without his warts, but i just don't buy into the fact that mcd isn't good enough because he hasn't won a super bowl yet.  it may come to that, but to deny he's a good coach just doesn't make much sense to me.  

How many times do I have to say he's grown on me?  And yes there are plenty of McD apologists, just look at all the threads started praising him and the the positive reactions.

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Has this thread been taken over by the McDermott haters yet? I haven't checked in awhile.

And no not yet......😝

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah, I do put 13 seconds on McD.  Not the kickoff but the ensuing two defensive plays.  Even though the players did the wrong thing, McD used timeouts and he had two attempts to drill into the players heads on how to be in the right position.  Two plays does not define a coach.  The Jets and Minny games are on the players.  They were in position to make the plays and thats all a coach can do... get the players in position to suceed.

Nope I blame the kickoff on him too.  Was the wrong call.  Seen multiple times this year the positional or short kick (not to the 10-15, but high and short to the 5-10 yard line) take 5 seconds off and return short of the 25. 

Edited by Billsfan1972

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

How many times do I have to say he's grown on me?  And yes there are plenty of McD apologists, just look at all the threads started praising him and the the positive reactions.

And no not yet......😝

Oh no, positive reactions on a coach on that teams message board?  The horror. 

If you dictate how people feel about McDermott by positive reactions in those threads, should we dictate how people feel about you on reactions on those threads?

Here's the reaction to the last thread you created and it's pretty much typical with every thread you create.

Let me guess...you're the victim.  

image.thumb.png.2916e26f7e5b568e6cb5cfd56b1a5d15.png

Edited by Royale with Cheese

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

probably because he's done a very good job.  crazy right?

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Oh no, positive reactions on a coach on that teams message board?  The horror. 

If you dictate how people feel about McDermott by positive reactions in those threads, should we dictate how people feel about you on reactions on those threads?

Here's the reaction to the last thread you created and it's pretty much typical with every thread you create.

Let me guess...you're the victim.  

image.thumb.png.2916e26f7e5b568e6cb5cfd56b1a5d15.png

This is a pro McD website, which is what I pointed out.  I expect no different and yes your shorts are in a knot when anyone suggests McD isn't perfect.

As for the above, that was as you know when I said there were OL issues vs. NE, which stuck out like a sore thumb watching the game and that the receivers dropped too many passes (which they did and was proven correct with 5 drops).  

The horrors!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

This is a pro McD website, which is what I pointed out.  I expect no different and yes your shorts are in a knot when anyone suggests McD isn't perfect.

As for the above, that was as you know when I said there were OL issues vs. NE, which stuck out like a sore thumb watching the game and that the receivers dropped too many passes (which they did and was proven correct with 5 drops).  

The horrors!!!!!

this just isn't true.  you know this, so why be so dramatic?

Edited by teef

20 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And no not yet......😝

Nope I blame the kickoff on him too.  Was the wrong call.  Seen multiple times this year the positional or short kick (not to the 10-15, but high and short to the 5-10 yard line) take 5 seconds off and return short of the 25. 

I dont blame the kickoff on him because the evidence says he called the squib kick and ST CO screwed that up.

26 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Our #1 and #2 WR that year were Deonte Thompson and Kelvin Benjamin.

For whatever reason I thought we had the Jedi Knight that season.  I knew our WR core was bad though.

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The horrors!!!!!

Like I said, you're playing the victim.

Why was Dion Dawkins so bad against the Pats?  You haven't answered that question.

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Question is will you be one the idiots on the weekend? 

And if the Bills lose on Sunday, regardless of the situation, anyone posting negative here will be an IDIOT?

I will say right now barring an Allen injury, absolutely no excuse to lose Sunday vs. NYJ.

If they allow them again to have time consuming drives and convert third downs I'll be very upset.  

If they don't play with a chip on their shoulders the next two weeks (against the teams that beat them earlier this year) I'll be pissed.

If they let them hang around and it is a tooth & nail affair I'll be concerned.

I expect none of that, but if there are issues on the OL and more drops (i.e. 3-5 again) then I may start a thread.😝 

23 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The horrors!!!!!

The major issue was Dawkins being out and Quesinberry playing on one leg. That will be rectified soon. Additionally, NE is number 2 in the league in pressuring the QB. 

I will say that the Bills Oline isn't great. They are adequate and can execute well enough to win and vice versa. Next year, I think Beane will address the oline. That doesn't help for this year. In short, it's not a strength of the team. Middle of the pack I suppose; not sure where they fall statistically. Too lazy to look up. 

Diggs has been a stud and the rest of the WRs have been inconsistent. I thought the WR core would be better. Davis has been disappointing and leads the team in drops and can't seem to catch contested balls. Lol dirty has played much better the last couple of games. Let's hope that continues. Not sure why Shakir can't get playing time.

Just my two cents. TC

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

The major issue was Dawkins being out and Quesinberry playing on one leg. That will be rectified soon. Additionally, NE is number 2 in the league in pressuring the QB. 

I will say that the Bills Oline isn't great. They are adequate and can executed well enough to win and vice versa. Next year, I think Beane will address the oline. That doesn't help for this year. In short, it's not a strength of the team. Middle of the pack I suppose not sure where they fall statistically. Too lazy to look up. 

Diggs has been a stud and the rest of the WRs have been inconsistent. I thought the WR core would be better. Davis has been disappointing and leads the team in drops and can't seem to catch contested balls. Lol dirty has played much better the last couple of games. Let's hope that continues. Not sure why Shakir can't get playing time.

Just my two cents. TC

That does not matter to him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.