Tre White Update - How did he do?

BillsfaninSB

There was a crosser that was completed over the middle for 9ish yards where he allowed more separation than his typical.  He made a quick tackle on it however.  Maybe someone else was supposed to be there and screwed up.  Other than that I didn't notice him get beat.

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Any word on Elim? Very curious that he was not active. 

McD is sending a message his play right now is not good enough for a stretch playoff run by a team with eyes on winning a SB.

Based on what I know about Elam he will step up to the challenge being issued.

Might have also been matchup related.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Forgive me if this was discussed at length somewhere but curious how Tre performed last night?  Only had the chance to watch the 1st half.  Did not hear his name called much.  Did he play the whole game?

Played more than our 1st round pick did haha.

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Our whole D shut down the noodle arm Mac Jones, hard to gauge Tre on this game.  But none the less, he was good and as others pointed out played 61% of the snaps.  

Very encouraging next step for him, and look forward to seeing him more next week too.  

Jones certainly doesn't have a strong arm. No denying that.

However, while watching the game I thought he panicked under pressure. Very poor QB under duress. He had some opportunities to hit some open guys but caved under pressure. Maybe it's the system or lack of he's playing under. However, his eyes aka vision looked worse than his arm. Give the Bills D credit for playing well. 

Wonder how Mike White will preform? I think his first game was an outlier. I'm thinking the Bills D will force him into mistakes. I do believe he played the Bills and threw several INTs. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Hopefully Elam progresses, and that becomes no longer the case

I still think Elam was a reach and a consolation prize after the early run on CBs in the 2022 draft.  I think Beane had his eye on at least 2 others before they were grabbed up ahead of the Bills’ pick. But with Tre’s scheduled return uncertain and with Wallace gone, they were desperate and chose Elam, who they claim they had a “first round grade” on. Not sure I buy that line. 

Elam is still a project. He has the skills and I believe the desire. Just needs to get with the program and play smarter.  He’s not there yet, but hoping he’ll make the jump by year 2. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

First, thank you as always for finding and sharing actual information.

Second, without proper context, these stats are just numbers in a vacuum. 

While 67% completion pct and 7.3 ypa allowed looks at best, mediocre, what do we make of him being targeted only 6 times while playing 92% of snaps? He must have had at least 30 coverage snaps (30 out of 36 NE pass attempts = 83%, which is less than 92%). How often was White targeted? What about Jackson, and Johnson? I need more information before I can draw ANY meaningful conclusions from these 3 orphaned numbers. 

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

I still think Elam was a reach and a consolation prize after the early run on CBs in the 2022 draft.  I think Beane had his eye on at least 2 others before they were grabbed up ahead of the Bills’ pick. But with Tre’s scheduled return uncertain and with Wallace gone, they were desperate and chose Elam, who they claim they had a “first round grade” on. Not sure I buy that line. 

Elam is still a project. He has the skills and I believe the desire. Just needs to get with the program and play smarter.  He’s not there yet, but hoping he’ll make the jump by year 2. 

Which two? None of the corners other than the ones that were taken very early. Are playing at Elam level.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.